Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. '08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after taking my twists out, my new growth is off the chain, however, it was soft. At first, I didn't think it was working because I was mixing it. So, I stopped mixing it and just used it straight, no chasers. This stuff is the truth. Now, since I haven't had a touch-up since May, I invested in another horse product called Cowboy Magic to detangle. That helped a lot!!! I deep conditioned with the MT, and slept with it on my head with a plastic baggie - as per the directions >>>> "Mega Tek can also be left on for continuous benefits, such as putting on tail and wrapping it." When I woke up the next morning to rinse, applied my Cowboy Magic, I was floored...NO HAIR IN THE COMB!!!!! Then, I moisturized with the MT moisturizing spray, and sealed with Olive Oil. And yes, I had to use the blow dryer because I didn't want to be late for my weave appointment:lachen:! Surely, you ladies can understand!

These are the products that I have by Eqyss:

Mega-Tek Cell Builder
Mega-Tek Shampoo
Mega-Tek Rehydrant Spray - Continuously moisturizes..trust me!

I believe in using the line of products, since they are made to work together, and more importantly, being consistent with usage.

i have the same!! :yep: also the detangler x2 bottles. i'm wondering if cowboy magic is as good as eqyss detangler?

Do I have the right product. All this mega-tek talk; I just Googled and came up with some )*_Y*)) for animals hoofs and stuff.

IS THAT IT??????????

its a human cross over product :)

it has been used on humans since day one. they also have a pet line,equine line and human line!!!

Ovation cell therapy (almost identical product) is marketed towards humans and is very expensive compared to mega tek cell rebuilder !

I am so scared this product isn't gonna work for me.I am due for a touchup towards the end of this month. I hope I am pleasently surprised

i'm glad you also noticed ;)

wow at not being able to tell the difference between your natural and relaxed hair! :eek:

lol, we must try and use less product. less is more they say! :)

Girl, this is a new problem for me. I don't know if it was because my relaxer was jacked up or the NG is straighter. I can be a little slow sometimes.:lachen:

I finally rinsed it out after having it in a few hours and I am doing a braidout to hide imperfections in my hair for tomorrow night and my hair FEELS stronger and is breaking less. OH I really hope this works. I want thicker hair so bad. I hate my thin damaged ends. I wanna be able to make cute full buns and ponytails.

Last edited:
Hi all!

Quick question...are you using water based moisturizers or protein based with your MT or OCT? Mostly I've been using water-based, but my favorite moisturizer is cantu shea butter grow strong. It does contain some protein. I wanted to get your opinion about using it along with my MT (and in a few days OCT). Would it be okay to use it occasionally or should I avoid it altogether?

I am using Mega Tek and I noticed my hair texture changed! My new growth is very very soft! I relaxed my hair aug. 6 and I know it's not too long but my hair is very very soft!!! I love this stuff!!! My hair is thicker and softer but not longer:sad:

well i think my edges are filling in. I will have to post a before and after pic. i started using mt 2 1/2 weeks ago Im not sure about length, but my hair is thicker and stronger. I already have thick hair so I wasnt really going for that but i dont care.

im still applying 2-3 days at night then i wash.

i have the cowboy magic also.

im in braids ...and it hasnr been long enough for me to comment BUT I see a change in my NG usually at that time I dont see THAT much growth which I do now plus my NG is sawwwwwwwwft. I hope this will be a good investment in the long run.

Yay!!! It's on it's way. I wanted to post update pics, but am in a weave also. I can show my nape and sides progress. I decided to keep the weave until November 1st and then post some updates. I say that now, but think I will have a fro under this weave that won't lay down! I wouldn't complain though. I will wear it out for about a week and then put in another sew-in until January. It will be one year for me one LHCF in November. I'm trying to hold out on cutting off my permed ends until I reach APL or until I finish my Masters in October 2009.

Ladies I know I have been slow to update the names on the list but I have been so busy the past couple of weeks. I have barely been on hear. I am updating the list this weekend so after Sunday if you name is not on there send me a pm and I will update the same day you remind me. All others I will update once a week. Thanks-DSD

:look: Meh, I haven't been taking any. :lol: I tried to take some today, and just couldn't get anything I was happy with. I'll start up again once I get my progress shirt, though.

To the bolded, did you order it from Mane and Chic?

IS IT OK TO USE ALTER EGO HERB EGO DROPS ON THE SCALP IN THE MORNING AND THEN MT AT NIGHT DAILY? I'M TRYING TO GET THE PATCH IN THE BACK OF MY HEAD TO GROW BACK AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE AND I ALSO WANT TO GROW A HEALTHEIR HEAD OF HAIR. MY DOMINICAN BEAUTICIAN SUGGESTED THE DROPS. I USED IT THIS MORNING AND JUST FININSHED MT'ING. IM TWO WEEKS INTO MT'ING

ok. I took pictures after my wash. My growth you cant see because I take my pics when I get out of the shower. I will straighten and take a pic for future comparison. I have gotten a lot of thickness which is extremely surprisising to me because when you think about it, thickening the shaft of the hair after it has grown out of the scalp should be almost impossible but, it has happened. I have also gotten lots of new growth on my scalp which has really helped fill in my bald and thin spots. I am a long way from where I was when I got sick but, I am moving in that direction praise God. Just as important, you ladies have been so inspirational in lifting me out of what I can now look back and see as a pretty deep depression, may God heap his blessings on you, as each of you has done to me.

I haven't checked in with this thread in awhile, but I'm still a satisfied MT user. I've been using it since end of June.

While I cut 3" inches off of my hair last month :eek: - mostly thin ends :nono: - I remain confident that my hair will grow back stronger and thicker.

After using it for these past couple of months, I can see a clear line of demarcation where my hair that has grown in using MT is noticeably thicker - even after relaxing. I am a very happy, satisfied customer. I don't plan on discontinuing use of MT ever.

ETA: I now have no need to use protein conditioner at all anymore. And my hair is virtually breakage free.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back