Super Growout Challenge **Update Month 3**

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Hi Ladies! We are pressing on and have mad it to month 3. Yay! It really seems like the end of this challenge is far off but hang in there.

My update! I am really loving my hair right now. It's growing it's vibrant and healthy!

It's time to check in ladies! Lets hear your stories.

A-L

19sweetie*
Aalize*
Alee
AllAboutTheHair**
Alli77***
Alliyah4eva203
Allmine*
Angel54
Angelbaby*
AngelK316**
Angellazette***
Auntybe*
Arabianprincess
Aerie17*
Asha*
AudraChanell**
Ayeshia*
BabyBlue**
Babygurl*
BahamaMama*
BaileysCream*
Bajanplums
Ballet Bun*
Belleza
Beloved1*
BklynHeart
Bkmaryland
Blackcardinal*
Blackrapunzel
Bluewatersoul**
Boadicea*
Bocagirl***
Bronxchic
Bronzegoddess*
Bronzehair*
Brownhaired Bonanza
Brwnsug20*
Bronwsugarbabe***
Camille429*
Candibaby**
CantBeCopied*
Caramel
Carameldiva**
Carameldlite
Caramelty**
Carletta
Carlie***
Catsuga**
Cece22
Chakira*
Champagne Wishes*
CharUK
Chaya*
ChiChi
Chichikinks*
Chicomorena**
Chicoro***
Chipmunk
Chocokitty***
Chocolat79
Choqlat
ChosenByGod**
Cincysweetie**
Corbins*
Covagirlm***
Cowgirl**
Cutebajangirl**
CynamonKis*
Dangerouslyshy***
DatJerseyDyme***
Daughter**
Delightfulflame
Desperategirlie34***
Destinee***
Dion**
Divastate
Divine**
Dolapo
Doll
Dontspeakdefeat***
Eboniefaerie***
EbonyEyes*
Egytiansand16*
Ehj
Erica78*
EssentialGrowth*
Ethiokee
Faith*
Flowerhair
Genesis
GinaG
Good2uuuu*
Growingitlong**
Hairlover**
Hair2day**
Hiza
HondaHoney007*
Honeisos
Hopeful**
Hotshot*
Hottopic***
ICandey
Ishevonne
Itismehmmkay*
Jaded Faerie***
Jasmin**
Jellynote*
Joi
JusticeWifey
Kaddy
Kammie
Kedra70*
Keen
Kengne
Keylargo*
Kinikini2
Kizzylonghair**
Kombov Dymond
Labett**
LadyChe**
LadyR**
LadyZ**
Laina7777
Laketta*
LaNecia**
LeggyLana
Leontyneb**
LeslieC
Lili**
Lindy*
LionQueen
Londondiva**
Lonsomedove
Love2praz
Lovelymissyoli*
Lovelyness***
Lshevonne**
Luvlonghair
Lveurslf
Lynxdiva*

Last edited:
M-Z

Mahogany329
Maibabie**
Mariaat40***
MeccaMedinah
MegonW**
Melodee***
MelsWifey
Mighty Isis*
Miss Jetsetter
Missdiva**
Missenm*
Misshoney2u***
Misspriss
MizAvalon**
Mochalolita
Monalisa***
Monister***
Mrslee**
Msincognito**
Mytialpn
Mz Complexity**
MzJones**
MzLatisha
Nappyme**
Naptrl*
Natalie76**
Natalied**
Needmyhairtogrow
NewYorkgryl***
Nfynit 812
NGC*
Nice*
Nova*
NurseN98
Nymphe
Nyrican**
Oglorious1
OneBlessedRN
Onepraying**
Overnightcelebrity*
Paperdoll***
Pink Flower**
PinkLily
Poetess232***
Poohbear***
Porsche19*
Princess Teearra*
Princess4real*
Puddles
BabiaElaine*
Rachel**
RachelL**
Redeemed56
Reformatio**
Rushgirl
Sade7**
SandySea***
Sapphire**
Sascha
Sdumasw*
Sengschick
SexyC*
Sharee***
Shariracquel**
Shawnee66**
Shawniegee**
Shellie4018**
Shellzfoshizzle*
SherryLove*
Sillygurl18
Simplycee***
Singingstar*
Skegeesmb**
Sky83
SNyeema*
Softresses**
Southern Girl
SpicedT*
SplashAtl
Stacy
Star*
Stormy
Sugaplum***
Sugarsweet**
SVT**
Swannie
Sweetcakes14***
Sweetest Honey
Sweetpeadst***
Syoulee1
Tai*
Taij
Tamala*
Tamika*
Tene***
Tess1913
TJD3*
Tigerlily
Topazz
Tracy
Tru Mind
TSAngel
Umsumayyah*
Val1212
Valerie*
Victory1
Vikkisecret***
Waterchylde*
Whipeffectz1
Whosthatgurl***
Wildchild543**
Winniebread*
YummyC***
Zanibardotcom**
Zora

Last edited:
Hey DSD, :)

I'm doing great. I'm still taking my vitamins and I've uped my washes to 3 times a week instead of two and I hot oil my hair on Thursday nights and wash out Friday night. I no longer oil my scalp every other day anymore. My scalp stays nice and clean.

I wear my hair in the buns Monday-Friday for work and on the weekends it's wig time Baby. :lachen:

Dong great..got a relaxer about a week ago and planning to get my next one in June at 12 weeks (give or take a week). Hair is bottom of b/s...but I'm giving myself until July 1st to be GOOD and there. That was the goal I set for myself last July..I've found that by setting small goals, I feel GREAT about myself because I reach them in a good amount of time! I updated my album with some crappy pics, but they give you an idea of my length. Also, I'm having some scalp issues, but this is the first time in a couple of years, so I can't be too upset about it..Ciao Bellas!

My hair has been doing really well. I'm on week 13 since my last relaxer. My hair is breaking just a little bit, I'm trying to find a conditioner that might help or maybe a good moisturizer. Today I tired Salerm Wheat conditioner mixed with Alter Ego garlic treatment. I also started a hair album that I'm still trying to set-up.

I also hope plan on getting a wash and set at a Dominican salon this month after my touch-up.

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I've been consistent with my routine. Washing, deep-conditioning, rollersetting once per week and taking my vitamins. I even visited a Dominican Salon for the first time in the past month. I really enjoyed my experience there and I think I will include that as part of my regime closer to the time a need a touch-up.

I got a relaxer and rollerwrap on Wednesday and I was a little disappointed. I had a few inches of new growth but didn't achieve as much length as I wanted to overall. It seems to be about an inch and a half.

I still am experiencing a little shedding. I'm starting to think it's the nature of my hair. I do the protein and the deep conditioning, so I'm not exactly sure what it could be.

Brownsugarbabe

My hair is doing good. I'm 10 weeks post relaxer and am scheduled for a touchup at 12 weeks. I've got a insane amount of new growth that I've been dealing with by doing daily conditioner washes. At my last relaxer I was toward the top middle of brastrap. Hopefully after this next relaxer, I'll be at the bottom of brastrap.

I got a relaxer in march for 10 minutes, with affirm mild made sure she used the 5-1 condition. my hair is now at my shoulders. I cut it back in october to my chin to get rid of relax end. Next time I want to try phyto but am afraid maybe another lye relaxer. I will try to post my hair in my avatar soon.

Im going good....

Surging daily, moisturizing daily, and co-washing every other day..Im on a 1 month baggie challenge for my ends...
Taking a little break from weaves...

I had a texturizer I believe March 16 or around there...I have some newgrowth already:grin: ...

Oh Im starting my vits again...NOOOOO HEAT except for deep conditioning, and protien treatments....

I have pics in my growth progress album...of my last texturizer to this one...

I'm still rockin the tree braids. I will take them out for a week and then put them back in for another 6 weeks. Then relax. Since my relaxer 6 weeks ago, I have about 1 inch of new growth when I pull the cornow up from the scalp!:D

Well, I am doing okay on the challenge. I don't see much progress--nothing drastic. I've been slowly trimming the last of my thin hair (about the last inch and a quarter). Other than a lack of drastic progress, my hair is continuing to fill in and it is soft and bouncy now that I'm doing my "back to basics" regimen.

Also a friend of mine noticed that my ponytail was thicker a couple of days ago. I was really shocked because she doesn't even know about my secret hair obsession. It was a real compliment, especially coming from someone with thick, waste length hair.

Keep growin' ladies.

I've been both good and bad.

Ok I'm using Minoval in the back section only and have been doing so for the past 3 days. This is where I had a lot of breakage from a perm color, I'm trying to get this section to play catch up with the rest of my hair. I have every faith that it will in due time. I'm still surging, now twice a day. I've got back onto daily washes which I love and will attempt a deep conditioning treatment this weekend. I've really fallen off the wagon with DC treatments. I must moisturise a lot more though.

As for supplements still on the Freeda 1 x 10mg Biotin, I now take 700-1411mg of Alfafa daily and have gotten back on the Liquid amino acid supplement by Twinlabs. I consume more water these days, avoid caffine and carbonated beverages, drink soy milk,prune juice and carrot juice.

Got a relaxer last Sunday and my breakage has reduced from 10-20 hairs daily to just 2 or 3. I made the switch to lye so I'm thinking that it definately helped, I also got a tiny trim so now my ends are nice and thick.

I plan to shampoo twice weekly, deep conditioning each time and follow with a rollerset. My hair is looking really healthy and I want it to continue that way. Nightly I plan to alternate rollersetting and wrapping.

For now all I've been using for moisture is the Wild Growth Oil, I use it on my scalp and hair every other night.

My hair is doing wonderful, I'm getting so many compliments. People asking what am I doing to get my hair to grow like it is. Some were asking did I have weave in my hair. I got wait to get a camera so I can take pics. I just got a relaxer tuesday and my hair is growing. I had a lot of new growth and I didn't use any surge or my hairever tonic at all. I haven't trimmed my hair in 5 or 6 months and my ends are still in pretty good shape. I just continue to be consistent with my co washes, no heat, deep conditionings, vitamins, protein treatments, etc.

Last edited:
I'm doing good here, for the first time in a long while I have gone a month without breakage. I'm surging everynight and doing CO washes every other night if not daily. I didn't join the bun/surge challenge, but I am doing the baggie method/phonytail/bun for a while to give my hair a break. Right now I am concertaiting on my crown area which is the weakes and the shortest point. I realized that no matter how good my rollerset came out because my crown is so short my set doesn't fell good and doesn't have the bounce that it should.

my hair is FINALLY growing out! yes! i think the braids helped a lot. i wonder what would of happenned if i left them in there for 4 weeks. but anyway. i saw the results of my new press. it's so greasy! ah i hate it, but i know that it's growing now. i think i'm going to do a little snipping next month,, or, i'll just keep it trimmed at shoulder length until it grows out.

i promise i'm workign on getting to walmart for a new camera. my friend has my rinky-dink one. and the cd won't load onto my computer (grr) i thoguht i was going to go today, but i wasn't. one of my friends recommended on geting a samsung. that's all i have to report for now :)

Well I failed the no length check challenge last month because I just had to cut some of my scraggley ends off (1 1/2 inches). I still have more than 2 or 3 inches to go!! Overall, I am really pleased. I don't think it is growing but now that I am 27 weeks post, it is getting thicker. I am considering braiding it because I want to relax it so badly!!!!

I think my hair is doing pretty good. I haven't measured in a while. I'm ticked that my daily defense is discontinued, so that makes conditioner washes harder for me.I hope to have some good growth next time I roller set. We'll see.

Doing good on my end. As long as I continue to see an increase and no decrease in progress I'm happy.

Hey Ladies I just want to say that the progress is going great. I am not sure what my length is because I have micro braids in. I have had the braids since the 11 of March. I have about a half in. of new growth. I am very excited. I am maintaining length.

I have changed my vitamin regimen. I have added GNC’s Ultra Nourishair, and Hair energizer.So I hope to have happy growing.

I switched moisturizers from the carefree curl to s-curl. I am still using my Pantene leave in conditioner. I also want to add surge to my regimen. The surge will be added on the 8th because I am getting my braids touched up for a fashion show.

It is going alright so far....i am having breakage though so i will be relaxing my hair next month... this month i will be putting my hair in corn rows for thee rest of the month, so thats basically it! :)

My ends feel good. no breakage or shedding to report. I havent measured since december and probably wont measure again till the end of spring. currently i'm wearing my hair braided. So far i've had them for 2 weeks and im hoping to keep them for another two. Lets see how long they last.

DSD, you are SOOOO organized and very encouraging!!! :yep:

Anyway, I'm not sure how much growth I have gotten since the start of this year since I've decided not to use heat while I transition to natural. But I know I have a lot of curly new growth (almost 7 months!).

I finally have a regime! :grin: My current regime and products I use can be found here in my journal: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/journal.php?do=showjournal&j=133

Edited to add: I just bought a wig today. I'm going to start wearing it too so I don't have to fool with my hair AT ALL!!! :weird:

Last edited:
So far so good! I am very excited about the health of my hair. I got a relaxer in March (I made it to 12 weeks) and my hair grew since my last touch-up back in December. My regimen is still the same, I continue to moisturize twice daily. The only change is that since I'm working out more, I'm washing 3 times a week and rollersetting. I did try airdrying and I just dont' like the way my ends look when I air dry.

I've continued braiding my hair at night and have started adding a bit of elasta qp mango butter (love it!). I've also started adding coconut cream and shea butter after every wash. Not sure how I feel about this stuff yet - it leaves a residue I'm not used to and I don't like the smell of unrefined shea butter. I've tried to cover it up with EOs but it hasn't helped that much.

For the next month I think I'm going to try straightening my hair once a week. :eek: I hear the horror! :D But it's just another step for me to understand how my hair reacts to different things, like constant to moderate heat.

Happy growing everyone.

I'm Hanging in there I have been really lazy doing my own hair and have been going to the salon to let them do it Dominican Blow outs and I must say I don't see any damage but I'm going to give myself a deeep condition today. My touch up is not due till June so I'm hanging.

Things are pretty consistent. Still wearing my hair in protective styles 5 days a week and down on weekends. I only measure and take pics every 12 weeks to 3 months when I get my touch up so I won't know how much length I've gained for another two months. But my ends are still looking healthy and even, which is great.

Back