Super Growout Challenge ***Update Month 1***

Well, I've been Surging, exercising (for my waistline but it's supposed to be good for hair too :D ), and taking my vitamins regularly. I've modified my regimen to fewer loose washings since I'm at 11 weeks now. I'm going for 17. My hair in the back seems to be growing really fast while the front and sides stay normal, but I'm not complaining. It's more important for me to gain length in the back.

I've been doing alright so far. My hair condition has definitely improved. I need to be more consistent with my conditioner washes and putting my hair up at night. When I got my touch-up in January I was amazed at the growth from just a little better treatment of my hair!

I've been doing pretty good. I've been consistent with my vits but had to slack off because I'm doing a colon cleanse and can't find the time to fit my vits in there. However I've been wearing my hair in a bun and perfecting my regime. I've got tons of growth but refuse to measure my hair until my next relaxer (4/05).

Last edited:
i'M DOING WELL..I'M STICKING WITH SURGING AND BRAIDS. I'VE SEEN A LOT OF GROWTH SINCE I WENT NATURAL, SO BRA STRAP HERE I COME!!!

Hi DSD! :)

January recap- touch up on 01/03/05- sewn in weave on 01/11/05, brought Surge 01/11/05-Taken weave out 01/18/05 (couldn't take the itching)-since 01/19/05 using baggie method. I have been consistent. Shampoo every 3 days- deep condition using heat with every shampoo, followed by a moisturizing shampoo. air drying. I have discovered Sta Sof Fro, Surge, Evoo & porosity control shampoo & conditioner. I love every product. I plan on getting free style braids this weekend for Mardi Gras! I will keep them in until 04/05/05 & touch up on 04/15/05. So far I see a 1/2 inch of growth!! Yeah!! :D Happy Hair Growing Everyone!!! :cool:

Last month was a alright month...i gave in and "texturized" after 15 weeks :(...but it was the longest ive ever gone, so im proud regardless...i took out my sew in weave at the end of the month, and i had some breakage on the left side of my hair but i also did have growth. Im currently at 18inches, and im planning on getting my next text 7 months from now...im trying to get over that hump of shoulder length hair...im also thinking of jumping on the MNT bandwagon...umm i should also be getting braids this weekend and plan to keep that in till early March then get them redone again. Ive also started greasing my scalp with S8 and glovers as well as using the s8,glovers,and surge on my edges, which broke off ALOT for some reason :(

All is well. I keep my hair braided (no extensions). Wash and deep condition weekly.
Use ORS carrot oil daily. I am also trying out surge 1x per day. I haven’t seen any noticeable growth. :ohwell:

Hello Ladies! I am checking in I have medium size ty-zillions in my hair and wont be taking them out until the end of March. I am doing fine I have been surging 2X a day and oiling my scalp with gift of god hair grease it has all natural ingredients in it. So continue happy growing ladies I have pictures from the day I went and got my hair braided I just haven't had time to upload them. GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Checkin in !
I JUST have to remove my braids!!! :ohwell:
I got them done around mid december, and I wanted to keep them up to the end of february, but I've had alot of growth!!!!
My head looks messy, as you can see in the close-up pics of my hair. :look: My braids were very tight when I had them done, but now they're extra loose and some are even coming out!! To cover this up, i just put them in a bun, and looks ok that way :blush:
I'm still trying to decide if I should go for braids again or relax my hair (last relaxer early novermber).
My regimen for this past month was:
*Soft & beautiful botanicals moisturizing braids spray (daily)
*Biomass regenerateur capillaire -to stimulate hair growth (every night)
*amla oil (from time to time).

Attachments

• Copie de DSC05472.JPG
    Copie de DSC05472.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hey Ladies,

I did ok last month

I had a little breakage in the middle from wearing drawstring ponytails too tight and the middle is my weak spot.

Started Surging my nape, edges and middle twice a day.

My regimen has stayed pretty much the same except that I started using mega care shea butter oil on my ends when roller setting.

I had added an extra CO wash to total 2 CO washes a week and 1 shampoo wash, but me exercising more I am thinking about going back to daily CO washes and roller sets. It seems like a lot but my hair loves roller sets. I am going to see how that works out this month.

I did join in on the growout challenge, but I didn't put my name on the list. I have been keeping up with my regimen and I am at 7 weeks post of a relaxer. I have about 1-1 1/2 inches of new growth. I slipped last week by not doing my condition wash, but I will definitely get to it today. My hair has no split ends thanks to the forum and I am wearing a protective style using a draw string ponytail (love this). My hair is a little past my shoulders and my goal is to have my hair somewhere near brastrap by April 2 and doing the growout challenge I will definitely achieve this goal. Thanks to everyone here on the forum

I have been good so far. I am in the Crow and Glory challenge as well. I don't know what my length is yet since I have been wearing braid for a month. I notice the new growth. I will let you know the progress of the length in first week of March after I take the braids out. I have been taking the vitamins on a regularly basis and drinking plenty of water. My routine has consistently stayed with 2 washes a week. 1 deep condition a week and Moisturizers sprays on the braids and Infusium leave in conditioner on the scalp and hair. My ends are great I keep my hair in a bun most days.

I will be posting Pictures soon.

Everything is well with me and my hair. I have tweaked the regimen a little, I rinse every 3 days, and condition the ends daily. I keep them up in my spider sac cloth. Its growing. My cornrows look a mess. One month until I am back in individuals. Happy Hair Growing!

Ny checking in!!

Just started a vitamin routine since I've been sporting micros since the big chop on the 15th. Haven't noticed anything substantial, but I'll keep it up.

Ny, signing off.

My hair is doing ok. It seems like I'm getting a lot of breakage lately and I'm pretty sure it's the S-Curl. So thats disappointing because I really liked how soft it made my hair. I am trying to figure out what vitamins I could take that won't break me out. After my bout with biotin I'm very skeptical...Hopefully by May I'll be armpit length.

The challenge is going good so far. I got a touchup in January after 9 weeks, but I'm going to try to stretch it further to 12 weeksthis time around. My regime is on track and I am taking my vitamins.:D

Hopefully I can have an album ready to actually show sometime soon.

Well I've stuck to my regimen, so far so good. :) I wash twice a week, deep condition once a week and moisturize/Surge daily. I wear protective styles most of the time: buns & braidouts. I've decided that I'm giving up hairstylists. I want to be be completely independent with my hair care, so along with self-relaxing I've also taken up trimming my own hair. I usally trim after every touch up. The only things I have not been good with are taking vitamins and excercise. :( I will definately get better with these things though. ;)

HAPPY GROWING LADIES!
signs003.gif

27029866754_235.jpg
27030007170_235.jpg

Hi Dontspeakdefeat!

First off, can I officially join the challenge?

I'm currently in braids and have been very consistent in how I take care of them. I have also been 90% consistent in taking my B-Complex vitamin and my prenatal vitamin.

However, I'm a little discouraged because my braids have been in for 7 weeks and I don't even have a 1/8 of an inch in new growth (My braids are still tight as if I just got them done!!!) . I'm starting to believe in that slow winter growth theory because it is happening to me. I've started exercising 3 times a week (started about a month ago) but it's not working.

-Ebony

I am doing well so far. I have about half an inch of growth. I am getting tired of braids though. I miss being able to nurture and care for my 'real' hair. I will probably keep the braids in until spring break.

I've been consistant in wearing my buns, and I'm still 100% heat free (3 months now!). I'm 12 weeks post relaxer, and I plan on waiting until week 16 or 17 to relax.

So far, so good :)

Update: I got a salon deep condition and rollerset mid-January.
The shedding from my overprocessing has stopped.
I'll find DDTA to use with MNT for the next conditioner wash and rollerset. I'll stall until Valentine's day weekend to do that, though.

I'm still doing good and being consistent. I cheated :look: and wore my hair down a couple of times. That's it!

Okay, checking in.

I was a little discourage a day or so ago so I didn't want to post my status.

I'm still sticking to my regimen. I'm wanting to add 2 more sets of poo/cond. for my rotation. Have tried Nexxus Therappe and I give it: :up: :up:

Since I underprocessed in December, I think I'll touch up again to get on track. I don't want any unneccessary breakage...I think I'll do a Aphogee treatment and then touch-up. I'm not sure yet.
~op~

i have been consistent with my regimen. i currently am sporting cornrows with a phonypony as a protective style and will be getting a sew-in weave afterwards to help stretch out my relaxer i am going for a 16 week stretch . wish me luck ladies because i feel my hair is at a standstill. it has gotten a lot thicker but i had to cut about 1 to 1 1/2 inches my last relaxer 12/24/04.

For the most part I've been consistent, but I used the curling iron a few times and now I have a little breakage from it. I'm having to switch up my products right now b/c I can't find anything to really moisturize it as of now.

I'm still on the challenge. I have simplified my hair routine a bit, but I'm still hangin' in there. I'm trying not to trim until May; I have about one inch of thinner hair left over from my September cut, but my ends look okay. My progress pic is in my siggy. About 2.5 inches left to go until my first goal.

I've got issues...:ohwell: My hair was doing well. However-about 2-3 weeks ago I was sick and was unable to tend to my hair properly. To make a long story even shorter I lost a lot of hair. I've been afraid to comb it and haven't been doing any conditioner washes lately. Tonight I have "do" hair for a funeral. :look: We'll see how it goes!

Still having breakage. Next time I go to the hairdresser I am going to be getting flexi rod sets and leaving my hair alone until this challenge is over. I have been stressing over my hair way to much

Back