So..are you in an OPEN MARRIAGE? Would you get in one?

Could you be involved in an OPEN marriage?

• YES

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • NO

Votes: 111 84.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 15 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No . . I've been in a open relationship before. Not hot.:nono: Jealousy is in everyone . . .Somebody always gets hurt in the end.:hammer:

After further thought, the only way I could do it is for social/financial reasons, with no expectation of love whatsoever. And we ain't having sex either. :look:

Last edited:
Interesting. What do you do if you really love your spouse. You may have been married for 10 years. But you have been celibate for the past 6 years. I have recently read that there is a HUGE percentage of marriages where celibacy is practiced. Would this be a reason for an open marriage?

Absolutely not. I do not believe that is what God intended for marriage to be at all.

spicing it up...:look:
Spicing it up with dependancy on other people to do that for the marriage? Come on...:look: Work on issues and rely on your HUSBAND or WIFE for your sexual needs to spice things up in the bedroom, not seeking others for that intimacy you should be sharing.

Else you can just date around. Have nothing set in stone. Why stand before God and take the vows of marriage and then seek someone else? Why even TAKE it to marriage?
~*Janelle~*

its just a question...im not agreeing or disagreeing
arent will and jada supposedly in one?....:look:

its just a question...im not agreeing or disagreeing
arent will and jada supposedly in one?....:look:
I know. :lachen::yep: I'm just responding to posts.
They are "supposedly" in a "situation" where if one "hypothetically" wanted to mess with someone else, then they'd get the ok from their mate and if they give it, they're free to go.

Some say that them saying that means they haven't done it but wouldn't say No...I think personally, they've been there, done that.:blush:
~*Janelle~*

i am not in one, but see no problem with it

everyone's definition of "marrigae" is not the same, so the "why get married if you're gonna do that" statement is irrelevant, to me

people get married for different reasons

Interesting. What do you do if you really love your spouse. You may have been married for 10 years. But you have been celibate for the past 6 years. I have recently read that there is a HUGE percentage of marriages where celibacy is practiced. Would this be a reason for an open marriage?

only if the other person agrees to it. i've read about these celibate marriages too and i wonder who these people are. all of the married couples i know have sex :drunk: ............ i guess if there's erectile(sp) dysfunction that could lead to a sexless marriage.

i do have one married friend who has an open relationship. i've asked her to explain it to me on several occasions but she can't or won't.

Wow. I'd probably have to get a divorce. Because, even if you stay married and your spouse agrees to the open marriage -- it will likely hurt him way too much. I'm sure divorce hurts too, but knowing someone is smashing your wife probably hurts in a much different way.

Absolutely not. I do not believe that is what God intended for marriage to be at all.
That would be the intention of both me and God ...

Why get married in the first place?

Let me not into the marriage of true minds, admit impediments. Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, nor bends with the remover to remove.

It is an ever fix'ed' mark that looks on tempests and is never shaken; it is a star to every wandering bark, whose worth's unknown, although its height be taken.

Love's not times fool, though through rosy cheeks and time, its bending sickles compass come.

Love alters not, with its brief hours and weeks, but bears it out until the edge of doom. If this be err' and upon me prov'd, I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

..... William Shakespeare (Sonnet 116) "True Love"

I ask again, why marry in the first place? Why disparage such a sacred union? Why degrade the beauty of a man and woman as man and wife, sharing their love with one another and no other. Why invade their sexual bond and fragrance with the stench of manure?

Is life so miserable to some that they spill their hurt by destroying the beauty of marriage? Making it's value less and void of stance?

Let alone with all of these diseases putting sexual health in jeopardy; so many men and women are not open if they have AIDS/HIV, an open marriage brings the risk of death into the bedroom. The death of the sacred union between man and wife; the death of being One; the death of sole and solid committment to one only another. The death of allowing no impediments.

When a man and woman marry, they become 'One' and they are 'fitly joined' to one another and with God. No outsiders allowed; they forsake all others and cleave unto one another in spirit, soul, and body. No other union in life is so sacred and unseverable.

Children grow up and leave home and pursue lives of their own. Man and wife are designed 'Eternal'.

Marriage has an enemy; a predator seeking to make its existance an endangered species and then exstinction.

Protect her; Preserve her; Keep the Life of her in sanctuary...

Marriage, the most cherished of gifts between a man and a woman. :love2:

I want to hear from the yes or maybe people who voted in the poll.

I voted maybe and said my peace. :look:

Maybe as in maybe I might if the "price was right" since we're speaking hypothetically. I'm not married.

And, for the record, I want a CLOSED marriage.

Last edited:
I voted maybe and said my peace. :look:

Maybe as in maybe I might if the "price was right" since we're speaking hypothetically. I'm not married.

And, for the record, I want a CLOSED marriage.

What do you mean when you say price is right? Does that pertain to circumstances? money? Just trying to understand.:drunk:

After further thought, the only way I could do it is for social/financial reasons, with no expectation of love whatsoever. And we ain't having sex either. :look:

ok I guess that's both circumstance and money?

Last edited:
i am not in one, but see no problem with it

everyone's definition of "marrigae" is not the same, so the "why get married if you're gonna do that" statement is irrelevant, to me

people get married for different reasons

i'm not in one either and i'd never be in one because it doesn't fit in with my personal definition of what marriage entails. regardless, i agree with your post. not everybody in marriage is following the christian/[insert other religion here] definition of marriage or even the one that is the norm in western society. i don't really care what other people do so long as they are not harming anyone.

however, i do think things become complicated if children are involved, adults are equipped to deal with living this kind of lifestyle but i'm not sure what effect it will have on their children if they know everything their parents are in an open marriage. with that said, it may not even have a negative effect at all.

i'm not in one either and i'd never be in one because it doesn't fit in with my personal definition of what marriage entails. regardless, i agree with your post. not everybody in marriage is following the christian/[insert other religion here] definition of marriage or even the one that is the norm in western society. i don't really care what other people do so long as they are not harming anyone.

however, i do think things become complicated if children are involved,

adults are equipped to deal with living this kind of lifestyle

but i'm not sure what effect it will have on their children if they know everything their parents are in an open marriage. with that said, it may not even have a negative effect at all.

They are? :shocked: If they were, it wouldn't be such a mess and a mess it is indeed.

This is a 'sick' world we live in....sick! We have to be aware of the consequences of what we give 'permission' to enter into our lives. There's always a 'price' and a consequence...always! It's not a 'personal' thing when it goes this far into the invasion of other's lives.

They are? :shocked: If they were, it wouldn't be such a mess and a mess it is indeed.

This is a 'sick' world we live in....sick! We have to be aware of the consequences of what we give 'permission' to enter into our lives. There's always a 'price' and a consequence...always! It's not a 'personal' thing when it goes this far into the invasion of other's lives.

my bad, i should have said some adults. clearly, you wouldn't be in an open marriage because you couldn't deal with it and neither could i. however, some couples out there do have open marriages and it's going along fine. there are some that fail and end in a mess but monogamous marriages hardly have a perfect track record either.

if the couple aren't forcing others into sex or deceiving them then i'm not sure how they are invading other people's lives by choosing an open marriage. indeed, we live in a sick world but of all the things i find disgusting about it, open marriages do not really register. nah, i don't believe god meant for us to have open marriage but if all parties agree this is the lifestyle they choose (and no-one is getting hurt) then i'm not condemning what they choose to do. they will have to answer to god only eventually, not me.

Back