Are You Happily or Unhappily Married??

Are You Unhappily Married or Happily Married?

• Happily Married

Votes: 198 70.7%
  • Unhappily Married

Votes: 82 29.3%

• Total voters
I definitely voted unhappily married we've been married 9 years and it feels like 100. We seem to have so many down times it's hard to remember the good times. I can remember two of the best times were when my kids were born.

We've been married 18 years and have two sons. It hasn't always been all rainbows and roses - we are human after all.

We dated for 5 years before we married and in the early days of our marriage, I still felt I didn't know him. We had to grow up and we had to find a rhythm...our own rhythm.

Fortunately, we've had more good days than bad...I'd vote happily.

Hubby and I have been together for 18 years and married for almost 16 now. I would definitely vote Happily:yep:. Marriage is not always rainbows and roses- just the fact that you are two different genders and two different people living under the same roof will make for some 'interesting' times....LOL-like you stated but God we've had way many more good days than bad ones in all these years. We also haven't suffered through any major upsets in our marriage fortunately. We've been blessed:yep:. There is no other way to describe it.

I voted happily. He is my truest friend. We are both in love with each other but we have our days. I guess we both believe in marriage so much, we do what it takes to keep each other happy. We are a team...except when it comes to dirty diapers, 2 AM feedings, and other things. :ohwell: In this case, I just go shopping. But, hey, this is what works for us and we are happy.

My answer: DON'T KNOW. Happy for a couple of months...thinking about leaving the next month! Can't figure this sh*t out!
Been married 5 years and 3 months. How long after the 5 year mark is marriage supposed to become smooth sailing????
We both keep trying...that's what keeps me going.

It feels warm and fuzzy to read about all the couples who are happy. It is soooo encouraging! Thanks for sharing.

Giddily happily married. LOL! And it's not a lot of work. I know how I want to be treated and treat him the same way. We respect and love each other. And when we're mad...we cuss each other out and move on...LOL!

This tickled me I love it!

Hopefully in about a yr I'll be posting in here about how happily married I am!!

Last edited:
I'm happily bored. If that makes any since.:spinning: 20yrs but hey we are happy doin nothing.:grin:

Last edited:
Happily married 6.5 years, however there were days I thought about throwing a pot of hot grits on him :yep:.... Seriously marriage was a difficult adjustment for my husband and I because we married in our mid thirties and had both been independent and single for a long time. However, through ongoing communication, mutual respect, and compromise we have managed to maintain a happy and loving relationship.....it's a lotta work.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:
Funniest thing I've ever read on LHCF!

I think this thread is a sign. Been together for 5 married for 1 year. We also have a 3 yr old, so we were illegitimate for a while.:grin: Anywho, as we speak I am in the living room and he is in the bedroom not talking to me...

We fight so much about me speaking my mind. He always says to just be honest, but when I am, it is a big deal. I don't know if it is because I am not submissive enough? To sum up today, he had been acting funny for about 28 hours. We are going through EXTREME (did I say extreme?) money issues, and he lost something very dear to him. When I tried to help him by asking him a question, he began yelling at me saying my answer was "bogus" and that if I can't just listen and/or give intellectual answers, I need to keep it to myself.:nono:. Then today I brought up that he has been cranky and he says " I am always looking for something to find wrong". I guess I was supposed to just shut up and act like I wasn't hurting? I don't know, I am kind of confused with my role because it seems like he says to be honest and communicate, but I am always being punished for communicating. <----Catch 22

I am having issues with submissiveness I think.. any advice would be helpful, not to hijack the thread. Hell, I don't even know what being submissive means, which I do ALL day, EVERYDAY IMO.

To answer the question, I would vote happy.

Sorry to hear about your pain - I pray that things will turn around soon.

I think this thread is a sign. Been together for 5 married for 1 year. We also have a 3 yr old, so we were illegitimate for a while.:grin: Anywho, as we speak I am in the living room and he is in the bedroom not talking to me...

We fight so much about me speaking my mind. He always says to just be honest, but when I am, it is a big deal. I don't know if it is because I am not submissive enough? To sum up today, he had been acting funny for about 28 hours. We are going through EXTREME (did I say extreme?) money issues, and he lost something very dear to him. When I tried to help him by asking him a question, he began yelling at me saying my answer was "bogus" and that if I can't just listen and/or give intellectual answers, I need to keep it to myself.:nono:. Then today I brought up that he has been cranky and he says " I am always looking for something to find wrong". I guess I was supposed to just shut up and act like I wasn't hurting? I don't know, I am kind of confused with my role because it seems like he says to be honest and communicate, but I am always being punished for communicating. <----Catch 22

I am having issues with submissiveness I think.. any advice would be helpful, not to hijack the thread. Hell, I don't even know what being submissive means, which I do ALL day, EVERYDAY IMO.

As TJ Jakes said "marriage is for grown ups'. Happily married for 8 1/2 years and been together for 11. We have our disagreements on occasion, but we end up talking and working it out. He's the most wonderful man I've ever had in my life. During our marriage I have learn to let the little things so and pick my battles, leaving his socks on the floor or not putting dishes in the sink aren't worth fighting about. We both have our quirks and we've learned to love them or overlook them. God is at the head of our lives.

Last edited:

Aww, hugs, and keep your head up. I'll PM you tonight after work.

Happily married with two kids under 3 years old for almost 4 years. He is my bestfriend. It was rough for the first year, but we made it through our rough time.

As TJ Jakes said "marriage is for grown ups'. Happily married for 8 1/2 years and been together for 11. We have our disagreements on occasion, but we end up talking and working it out. He's the most wonderful man I've ever had in my life. During our marriage I have learn to let the little things so and pick my battles, leaving his socks on the floor or not putting dishes in the sink aren't worth fighting about. We both have our quirks and we've learned to love them or overlook them. God is at the head of our lives.
ITA wonderful post.
I have learned this as well, just recently. Its easier to let the little stuff go, it usually works itself out. It can sometimes be a pain, but I think about everything I may do that gets on his last nerve too, then I am just thankful for him...ok just starting to ramble on and on.:grin:

Not married, with my SO for a year now and it's been tough. I really appreciate you ladies sharing your stories and some of you being so frank.

i would like us to be married but we have a long way to go, I think.

god bless all of u.

Happily married for two years. Marriage is a wonderful partnership. The learning curve is sometimes steep but definitely worth it.

Wooohooo,Happily. I must say that with all relationship there are ups and downs. But when I look back and weigh the good vs bad...the definitely outweigh the bad anyday.

I've been married for about 3 1/2 years now to my best friend of nearly 20 years. The funny thing is that we have a blended family that includes 5 kids and we have none together. (not sure if I want anymore-lol)

We certainly have our moments, but I wouldn't trade him for nothing.....we're gonna make it...

I voted Happily :D!!!
We've been married for only 7 months, with no children yet. BUT we've been together for nearly 8 years. This first year of adjusting to living together and not having to run home to mama is a roller coaster. It's fun though, and we are having good times...ain't we lucky we got em?

How'd this get bumped? In answer happily married for 4 months, together for nearly 5 yrs.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back