Should the man love you more?!?!

Should your husband/SO love you more than you love him?

• Heck Yes

Votes: 128 79.5%
  • No, it should be equal

Votes: 28 17.4%
  • It depends (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.1%

• Total voters
I think it has to be mutual. I think (and this is MY personal opinon) if someone doesn't love someone as much than the realtionship will hit a bump at one point or another. I think there has been so many cases where the man totally loved the woman and she loved him but, not as much and then she found someone that she loved more and then it ends up bad... (Snapped anyone??) I just believe that it should be mutual so you're on the same page.

I think it has to be mutual. I think (and this is MY personal opinon) if someone doesn't love someone as much than the realtionship will hit a bump at one point or another. I think there has been so many cases where the man totally loved the woman and she loved him but, not as much and then she found someone that she loved more and then it ends up bad... (Snapped anyone??) I just believe that it should be mutual so you're on the same page.

See, that's my only problem with this advice because I've been in a situation where the guy was much more into me, but I knew that if someone I liked more came along it would be really difficult for me not to jump ship--and so I didn't let things go further.

I think that men need to feel like a woman is his prize and that he is willing to do anything to get/keep her. In response (after he's pursued), I think a woman should love the man with her whole heart.

I seriously get annoyed sometimes by his advances and how he expresses his love for me. I don't want you to kiss me 5-7 times at dinner with your sister and her friends or in front of your friends- I think it's rude after the first 3 times. I don't know how to respond after I say something and you respond more than 15 times a day AT LEAST "Is that cos' you're sweet?" "You're my lovey-dovey...My sweetest most loving..." :barf: It's like DUDE you are smothering me!!!!!! :help2:
that's cute

I think this term gets misinterpreted because I do love my man just as much as he loves me- he just has a tendency to be more about PDAs then I am. I just got peeved with him this weekend about this. He claims to need my attention at the most inconvenient times- like Sweetie I can't really can't pay too close attention to you or look at you because I'm driving on the DAN FREAKIN' RYAN!!!

I can see if a guy wants to catch a glimpse a several times throughout the whole night but he gets upset when I get annoyed because he wants to stare at me for at least 10 seconds at a time every 20 minutes ... Or what about when I met his sister for the first time and we're all out to dinner with HER friends and he asked like 5-7 times for me to kiss him at the table- not super slob kiss or anything but still damn that's enough pecks already!! :blush:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

i really don't know what it is, y'all...the more you play hard to get - even in marriage - the more the guys are sniffing up behind you trying to please you and possibly figure you out.
crazy...lol!
church!

I think that men need to feel like a woman is his prize and that he is willing to do anything to get/keep her. In response (after he's pursued), I think a woman should love the man with her whole heart.
beautiful!

My dad, and a lot of other men in my family have always told me that when looking for a partner, especially a husband, you should always find a man who loves you more than you love him. Do you believe this ladies? I think I do, to a certain extent.

My momma told me this....I didn't listen with husband #1...best believe I'll be taking this advice with husband #2.

She said that if he is more into you at first and is the pursuer and really wants to make you happy and wants to please you---more than you're worried about pleasing him--- that he'll be so good to you that you'll eventually love him equally. Essentially I think she was saying that a man needs to EARN your love.

All the married women in my family told me this. They are all happily married, no issues. But this is something I have heard growing up....and I believe it.
I want it to be equal, but if he loves me just a tad more....it wont kill anyone. :)

I remember when we had this convo in a different thread.....I thought that the man and woman should love each other equally. Now I don't think that there will ever be an equal type of thing going on. Someone will always love the other a bit more.
With my ex-DH, I loved him so much more. I bent over backwards to please him and he didn't even give me half of what I gave him.
With my current SO....I can tell that he loves me a bit more. And this relationship is soooo much better.

I mean that sounds good and all, but how often do you find a man that loves the woman more than she loves him???

I'm not saying I have yet to see this, I'm just saying...I mean perhaps its the way women are portrayed but 8 times outta 10 she'll love him more.

Bumpidy Bump

I disagree with this. Men go gaga over women but a lot of women reject men who adore them.

That's why this advice is so key. Women tend to be turned off by guys who would drink their bath water and end up with dudes that treat them badly.

My momma told me this....I didn't listen with husband #1...best believe I'll be taking this advice with husband #2.

She said that if he is more into you at first and is the pursuer and really wants to make you happy and wants to please you---more than you're worried about pleasing him--- that he'll be so good to you that you'll eventually love him equally. Essentially I think she was saying that a man needs to EARN your love.

My man has to love me more. I refuse to go above and beyond for a man.

Yes and yes....

I don't know if I posted in here originally BUT this is definitely true! I need to have a man thats loves me more because once the shoe is on the other foot, its a done deal for me.

This thread is on my subscribe list.

My grandma always says make sure whoever u are with loves u more.

I agree with the ladies on this thread because from personal experience I have been seeing this guy for at least 3 months and he's just toooooo nice. My last bf wasn't really the affectionate type per say. So when my new boo is being all love dovey I feel uncomfortable. I feel like I can walk over him and he won't care. it makes me feel guilty. I feel like he is toooooo lovey dovey. i feel bad at times because he is a very good guy but Im not too into him as I was with my ex.

Hmmmmmmmm

this is an old thread, but i believe a man should be more passionate about his woman or the relationship. people who are passionate about their mates and relationships, have more drive for growth and development. they put more time and energy into their mate. they sacrifice more. a lot of women aren't willing to sacrifice like a man would. we will give up our careers for the sake of our children/family, but the man has to be willing to put more money, time, energy, and balance into his family and relationship in order for the woman to do that. we do and give if it benefits us in some way, shape or form. the bible says for women to submit to their husbands, and for husbands to love their wives as Jesus loved the church. that speaks volumes.

My grandmother and grandfather (on mom's side) both told me that. They were married for over 30 years until my grandma passed in 07.

I'm now learning to take that advice.

this is definately true for my husband. i love him- dont get me wrong, he just oes more for me than he would ever allow me to do for him. im getting used to the smothered feeling but he gives me my space when i need it. ive also been the one who loved more in past relationships and its not as secure as what i have now. no one ever gave me that advice... i just noticed it with relationships i grew up around. even my mom says im spoiled...

My interpersonal communications professor explained that in any type of relationship, the person who cares the least has the power in the relationship. In sociology this theory is known as the Principle of least interest.

Back