NATURALS:CURLY 'TIL CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE 2010!

Checkin in: I'm bunning but still trying to find a good reggie for it. So far I have been spraying SCurl on my ends every morning then put in the bun in my siggy. But It's too much manipulation going on. The night before last I had to co-wash because there was some sticky buildup from the S-curl. My hair was so soft and tangle free afterward but I dont have the time to co-wash everyday nor can my hair take so much moisture or it will turn to mush.
Anyone with Ideas on how I can solve this problem?

Thanks for joining the Challenge LadyPBC!

Naturae - I may have changed my mind. You show me how to get a bun like yours and maybe I'll stay in this challenge:yep:. I want to bun for life too! OK well maybe for some of my life!

Naturae - I may have changed my mind. You show me how to get a bun like yours and maybe I'll stay in this challenge:yep:. I want to bun for life too! OK well maybe for some of my life!

Thanks! Its soo easy! I use one of these to create a pony tail and just tuck my hair under neath the bottom section of beads.

0,0,325,51170,300,300,d114d168.jpg

ok Ladies... time to check in! How are we doing fasting from heat?
Struggles / "heat" cravings???

Gimmie the lo-down!

ok Ladies... time to check in! How are we doing fasting from heat?
Struggles / "heat" cravings???

Gimmie the lo-down!

Since I am sportin' a TWA,
I am not missing the heat.
I have fallin in love
& gotten lazy with the WnGs!

I am also clipping relaxed ends
& am afraid if I use a flat/curling iron
I will lose/change the curl pattern.

Plus I will be back in AZ in a couple of weeks
& the WnGs help me to stay cool.

I am ready for some length
so I can do some styles
discussed here.

Still PS'ing...Missjae09 hooked me up once again!!!!

Attachments

• August 3 PS.jpg
    August 3 PS.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 10
4real? Wow - I'll have to get one of those thingys. Not sure my hair is long enough though. I did make an attempt today and I'm pretty proud - give myself a B! The back is in a vertical roll (secured by bobby pins) and the top resembles yours but not as neat. I like it alot so I'm staying in the curly challenge - wasn't gonna leave anyway. I have no desire to use heat (except for DCing). Thanks!

Thanks! Its soo easy! I use one of these to create a pony tail and just tuck my hair under neath the bottom section of beads.

0,0,325,51170,300,300,d114d168.jpg

4real? Wow - I'll have to get one of those thingys. Not sure my hair is long enough though. I did make an attempt today and I'm pretty proud - give myself a B! The back is in a vertical roll (secured by bobby pins) and the top resembles yours but not as neat. I like it alot so I'm staying in the curly challenge - wasn't gonna leave anyway. I have no desire to use heat (except for DCing). Thanks!

Yes! The bun in my siggy isn't nearly as hardcore to put together as it looks lol. Would it help if I did a youtube video on how I do it?? If from my brief discription you can see how I do it then the vid wont be necessary i guess.

I'm fighting the heat urge. One night, I had actually broke out the flat iron, rubbed heat protectant throughout my whole head. Then it hit me!! I'm not supposed to be using heat! :wallbash:

Since then I've done 2 air dryed ponytail rollersets that turned out FABULOUS!! I had this big bodacious body filled hair (that I usually hate) but when I put it in a bun, it turned out like butter baby!

Just checking in!

I'm in!!! I know I'm late but I need this in my life. I was just saying i don't want to use heat until this time but didn't know how I'd hold myself accountable.

I'm fighting the heat urge. One night, I had actually broke out the flat iron, rubbed heat protectant throughout my whole head. Then it hit me!! I'm not supposed to be using heat! :wallbash:

Since then I've done 2 air dryed ponytail rollersets that turned out FABULOUS!! I had this big bodacious body filled hair (that I usually hate) but when I put it in a bun, it turned out like butter baby!

Just checking in!

:spank: Fight that heat urge girl!! Fight it like your life depends on it! LOL
Results like buttery hair should def keep you motivated.

I haven't done anything to my hair in two weeks. I have been wearing it banded underneath a tam. My coworker said she hates my tam so much. She said 'please take that thing off' :giggle:. I'm going to do something with my hair this weekend. I'll post pics if I'm successful.

I haven't done anything to my hair in two weeks. I have been wearing it banded underneath a tam. My coworker said she hates my tam so much. She said 'please take that thing off' :giggle:. I'm going to do something with my hair this weekend. I'll post pics if I'm successful.

Booo! Down with the haters!:whip:
It's funny how people have an opinion for everything when they know nothing about what's really going on!

Friend: ''why are you aways wearing your hair in a bun?!''
Me: "Live long enough & you and my Bra strap will find out" :eyebrows2

:spank: Fight that heat urge girl!! Fight it like your life depends on it! LOL
Results like buttery hair should def keep you motivated.

Trust me! I'm fighting it! I'm fighting it!

I gotta figure something out for the cold months tho...I stayed sick last winter. :nono:

Trust me! I'm fighting it! I'm fighting it!

I gotta figure something out for the cold months tho...I stayed sick last winter. :nono:

For the colder months you can blow dry with a handheld or sit under on the lowest setting.:yep:

I dont want any challengee's getting sick from having wet hair in winter!

Checkin in: I'm bunning but still trying to find a good reggie for it. So far I have been spraying SCurl on my ends every morning then put in the bun in my siggy. But It's too much manipulation going on. The night before last I had to co-wash because there was some sticky buildup from the S-curl. My hair was so soft and tangle free afterward but I dont have the time to co-wash everyday nor can my hair take so much moisture or it will turn to mush.
Anyone with Ideas on how I can solve this problem?
Perhaps you could pour a little bit in a separate spray bottle and dilute with water .The glycerin is the culprit ,it attacts moisture into your hair but also make it sticky and frizzy ,if you need to use it everyday make sure u dilute it so your hair stay moist minus the buildup.Otherwise you could make your own spritz so you can regulate the amount of each ingredient you mix in .:)

ETA:I havent used heat ,the weather has been good and instead of ironing my side bangs i clip em back so they wont get damaged.

Last edited:
Checkin in - bunning and braidouts here. No heat cravings, I haven't used heat since April's length check. My pass will be used in October and won't be straightening again, MAYBE until next April. We shall see! This is the best challenge ever. I'll actually stick to it!!

Glad you guys are still going strong!

This may help you from reaching for the flat iron/press comb, etc...
Create a weekly reggie plan. I have a huge wall calendar that I have up in my walk in closet (DH wouldnt let me pin it in the living room) but on there i have pre-planned what I am doing to my hair each day. detailed with what product and what hair accessory.
Also, I have given my sister my other heat tools and promised myself that If i stuck to this challenge until the end, I would reward myself with a new maxiglide.

Now you see how bad my heat cravings are, which is why I started this challenge to begin with. But I am doing well. 2 weeks post heat and going strong.

"Hi my name is Naturae....and I am a heatoholic"
there I said it!!! whew!

Last edited:
Just checking in ladies! I've had a couple of instances where I wanted to put heat in my hair, but I managed to resist the temptation so far! I'd been wearing my hair in my beloved fluffed out afro puff, (like the last pic on my siggy) but as I continued to do this for weeks on end, the SSKs came out to play, and them bastards wasn't playing around! :nono::perplexed

So, I've been forced to go to the opposite end of the spectrum. Instead of stretching my hair in any way, I'm now wearing shrunken curls! (like the middle pic on my siggy) I'm gonna keep my hair in WNGs using Eco styler gel, probably until late October, depending on how the weather holds out.

For me, WNGs are somewhat protective cause they reduce manipulation and keep the hair from tangling so much. :spinning:

Just checking in ladies! I've had a couple of instances where I wanted to put heat in my hair, but I managed to resist the temptation so far! I'd been wearing my hair in my beloved fluffed out afro puff, (like the last pic on my siggy) but as I continued to do this for weeks on end, the SSKs came out to play, and them bastards wasn't playing around! :nono::perplexed

So, I've been forced to go to the opposite end of the spectrum. Instead of stretching my hair in any way, I'm now wearing shrunken curls! (like the middle pic on my siggy) I'm gonna keep my hair in WNGs using Eco styler gel, probably until late October, depending on how the weather holds out.

For me, WNGs are somewhat protective cause they reduce manipulation and keep the hair from tangling so much. :spinning:

Excellent idea for warm weather (WnG's) I just did one a few minutes ago with shea butter for the first time. It came out really well and it actually looks like I have 3c hair!
I'll post a pic in my siggy in a few minutes. My comp is acting up and doesnt want to load the pics. :perplexed

Hi ladies... checking in. I just removed my last install... thanks for the advice on the S-Curl, it was a life saver when taking out my braids. I'll have to try that trick with diluting it w/ water and maybe adding some of my own ingredients. The glycerin was intense... my only complaint. Plus I haven't really gotten to the co-washing phase w/ an install... I'm still working on that... baby steps. I took my install out on Friday and got a new one put in on Saturday. No heat in between... most air dried my hair and a little blast from the blow dryer to help it along. Attached is a picture of my latest and greatest install. Yippeeee... I can cure my urge for heat w/ socking all the heat I want to this remy!

Attachments

• coco.jpg
    coco.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 8
Hey guys check out my Wash n Go in my siggy. I just did today! I had been avoiding trying shea butter like the plague for some reason!! But I absolutely love it and it will be a product staple for lyfe!!!! See my album for before and after of this wash n go!

Hey everyone...just checking in. I've been bunning for the last two weeks. Today I wore a wash and go just to give my hair a break. (Using HEHH and Olive Oil) No urges to use heat yet!!!

not feeling the urge to use heat just embracing the curls...wash n gos are my bff!
:)
idk what im gonna do when the weather starts getting cold but i figure i'll cross that bridge when i get to it

Hey ladies! I just did a roller set... for the first time ever (I think). I'm ok with the results.. it's not the cutest, but I think I can work with it and I think it will get better the more I do it.. one thing is for sure and that is, I really need a trim. I'm trying to hold out till december or january though...

Oh BTW, I let this hair dry.. I slept on the rollers. I don't really recommend that but I would probably do it again.

Attachments

• IMG_1097.jpg
    IMG_1097.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1098.jpg
    IMG_1098.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1100.jpg
    IMG_1100.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1104.jpg
    IMG_1104.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Hey ladies! I just did a roller set... for the first time ever (I think). I'm ok with the results.. it's not the cutest, but I think I can work with it and I think it will get better the more I do it.. one thing is for sure and that is, I really need a trim. I'm trying to hold out till december or january though...

Oh BTW, I let this hair dry.. I slept on the rollers. I don't really recommend that but I would probably do it again.

I really like your rollerset Missjae. It is very inspiring.

I have been wanting to try it but I'm afraid that all that effort will go to waste since I'm not that talented with styling my hair. :nono: lol

I really like your rollerset Missjae. It is very inspiring.

I have been wanting to try it but I'm afraid that all that effort will go to waste since I'm not that talented with styling my hair. :nono: lol

Thank you so much! :woot:

Honestly, I didn't take me any longer than it would take me to cornrow or flat twist for a braidout or twist out. I'm hoping this will last longer than my braid/twist outs.

Back