NATURALS:CURLY 'TIL CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE 2010!

My hair is probably gonna b braided up for the rest of the year to grow n I would love to join this challenge. Please count me in!!

I'm going to join... :sad: cuz I just got my bangs cut and I was going to leave them out for this new installment I'm getting but I guess I can put them away.

I would have been all in for this one and that is all I was doing but now I am only doing cornrolls until dec trying to get to APL

Im IN!! I haven't put any direct heat to my hair since april 10th and i dont plan on putting any heat (flat ironing) any time soon cuz im super lazy!!

but im IN!! 100%!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Sign me up! I haven't used direct heat since last July and I am hoping i can make it another year!!!
Wait... I just saw we could only use cold setting! So we can't use low heat when deep conditioning? If not then I am going to have to back out of this challenge bc my deep conditioning doesnt seem the same without heat. :nono:

Last edited:
Sign me up! I haven't used direct heat since last July and I am hoping i can make it another year!!!
Wait... I just saw we could only use cold setting! So we can't use low heat when deep conditioning? If not then I am going to have to back out of this challenge bc my deep conditioning doesnt seem the same without heat. :nono:

SB - If you are deep conditioning under a heated dryer (with a plastic cap on i hope) you may use it but only on the lowest setting.
You can still deep condition and get the same results without adding material heat but it you will just have to leave it on a little longer. For the sake of the challenge I will let my DC "marinate" for 2 hours or more using only the natural heat that comes from from my scalp. :yep:

Welcome to the challenge if you choose to join!

sign me up. I will post pics later. I am 2 inches from BSL, so hopefully this will get me to FULL BSL by Xmas.

Thanks

Alright... so this is my first challenge and first journal entry. My hair is now in a sew-in w/ my bangs out in the front so I'm applying no heat as much as humanly possible. This is my installment:
CurlySue.jpg

and this is my starting point ( I guess I need to get this into my avatar at some point )
angrytweet1.jpg

I'm already in the summer no heat challenge. Might as well extend that challenge with this one. At this rate I'll never use heat again. :lachen:

I'm already in the summer no heat challenge. Might as well extend that challenge with this one. At this rate I'll never use heat again. :lachen:

Hey, you never know...some naturals have been able to avoid heat completely! --- I'm not sure I have the will power on that...baby steps! welcome Miryoku!
Alright... so this is my first challenge and first journal entry. My hair is now in a sew-in w/ my bangs out in the front so I'm applying no heat as much as humanly possible. This is my installment:
CurlySue.jpg

and this is my starting point ( I guess I need to get this into my avatar at some point )
angrytweet1.jpg
Congrats on your first challenge and welcome SoFlyy!

I'm in!!! Newly natural, and I'll be half-wiggin'/weaving until next spring:)
I got you on my list now --congrats on going natural! :drunk:

I'm in. I haven't been using heat thus far anyway. Sign me up!

This should be easy for you then! Welcome to the challenge
sign me up. I will post pics later. I am 2 inches from BSL, so hopefully this will get me to FULL BSL by Xmas.

Thanks
You should def get to BSL by Christmas then...can't wait to see results...welcome to the challenge NT!

Count me in please! I straightened in May and plan not to again until before the New Year to see whether I've met my APL goal. Hopefully this challenge will help get me there.

I'm in. I hardly use heat anyway, straighten my hair like once every three months so this should be cool. :)

I'm in. I hardly use heat anyway, straighten my hair like once every three months so this should be cool. :)
I have you on the list now. Welcome to the challenge Sheena!
Count me in please! I straightened in May and plan not to again until before the New Year to see whether I've met my APL goal. Hopefully this challenge will help get me there.
I hope so to! Welcome to the challenge!
How did I miss this? I'll join!
Welcome Ms. C!

I'm in.
I was already on a personal challenge of this sort.

My pass will be used in October for engagement photos. Then no further straightening probably until Feb/March.

Just wanted to check in...I'm wearing my hair in a PS, I'll come back and post pics soon. Missjae09 flat twisted and 2-strand twisted my hair on Monday and so far it's been holding up very well. I'm also in the Hide your Hair Challenge- So far, so good!

Just wanted to check in...I'm wearing my hair in a PS, I'll come back and post pics soon. Missjae09 flat twisted and 2-strand twisted my hair on Monday and so far it's been holding up very well. I'm also in the Hide your Hair Challenge- So far, so good!

Sounds good Janet. I am also doing a "hide your hair" personal challenge. It's easier to do bunning then i thought it would be.
3 :cheers: for PS!

Back