The Catalyst for Your Obsession? * LONG*

Okay, I clicked on the link and it's the same one that comes up in my search but it says you must be a member...and I don't know how since the group is no longer "alive"...

[ QUOTE ]
Lanelle said:
Okay, I clicked on the link and it's the same one that comes up in my search but it says you must be a member...and I don't know how since the group is no longer "alive"...

[/ QUOTE ]

i know, thats what happened to me...maybe ask someone that was a member of that club to give you access to it if its accessible even for the actual members...i dunno. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

OH! And maybe BHCAB means "Black Hair Care And Beauty"...former members of the club, is that right???

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
OH! And maybe BHCAB means "Black Hair Care And Beauty"...former members of the club, is that right???

[/ QUOTE ]

It actually stands for Black Hair Care and Body - discussions on hair care, as well as fitness, weight, etc. Adrienne is one of the founders.

nurseN98 said:
I had a similar experience as Lanelle, I had long hair before joining the hairboards but when I moved, it started falling out due to the hard water (which I didn't discover till waaaay after the fact) So after so much of my hair falling out, I started looking for ideas to regrow my hair and I stumbled across this wonderful, magical hair board!
clap.gif
How did you deal with the hard water NurseN98?

My catalyst was pure and simple common sense. My hair wouldn't grow past a certain length, yet, I seemed to be getting about 3/4 in. of new growth every 4 weeks. It was maddening. And then, the more I retouched and kept my hair silky and flowing (by virtue of the blow dryer and curling iron), the more folks began to ask me...."Did you cut your hair?" I knew something had to be done and I started surfing the web for vitamins, techniques, poos and conditioners, anything I could find. LOVE LHCF the best of all though! :D

uniquev11 said:
The catalyst for me was Wanakee's advertisement in either Essence or Ebony magazine.
It showed the picture of her with waist length hair and had the words - No Extension, No Weave, No Kidding - on it.

Me too!:) I loved the way her hair looked, and wanted mine to get past below my shoulders.

I got started with Wanakee back in 1998. Moved on to BHC.com where I learned of BHSGO, where I was a regular. Next stop was BHCAB, and now I'm HERE :-D

Thank you for bumping this. I was looking for it a couple of weeks ago!
Bookmarked the thread for safe keeping!

MonaRae

I started my hair journey with growafrohairlong.com....I think it's the crown and glory method.

Though I never held on too strongly to the braided or twisted style, I did keep them in once for 6 months (refreshing frequently and shea buttering a lot too) and my hair thrived! I just get tired of one style every single day. :ohwell:

Back