NATURALS:CURLY 'TIL CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE 2010!

Checking in:

I will be wearing my sew-in for awhile so there will be no heat used for at least another month or two.

I really want a hooded dryer to deep condition with...

Checking in:

I will be wearing my sew-in for awhile so there will be no heat used for at least another month or two.

I really want a hooded dryer to deep condition with...

Now remember Ms. C, hooded dryers are allowed but just on the lowest setting. You can always opt to DC the natural heat way by letting it "marinate" for a couple of hours w/plastic wrap and no heat. I always get better results that way...but it's up to you.

I want to join since I'm already doing something similar. I haven't straighten my hair since I BC back in April and will start back wearing my wigs once it cools off a bit...currenly wearing a bun.

I want to join since I'm already doing something similar. I haven't straighten my hair since I BC back in April and will start back wearing my wigs once it cools off a bit...currenly wearing a bun.
Welcome to the challenge Mrs. Houston :grin:
Ive tried doing wigs as a PC but they never last long, even the human hair ones. :(

Welcome to the challenge Mrs. Houston :grin:
Ive tried doing wigs as a PC but they never last long, even the human hair ones. :(

I luv them, it's just too hot and humid and I love my cool wet buns. Hopefully it'll cool down a bit in September for me to wear them again.

I luv them, it's just too hot and humid and I love my cool wet buns. Hopefully it'll cool down a bit in September for me to wear them again.

Once i move to Florida i know i will have to deal with the same humidity (if not worse) than where you are. So my regimen may have to change to wet bunning as well. How do you do your wet buns?...?
I just thought of something too...when you said cool wet buns i thought of adding a little peppermint oil to my leave in spritz to actually give it that "cooling" effect. :yep:

:cry: Well, I just took my sew in out...I will get it put back in by a professional this weekend. The cornrows I did were not tight enough and were starting to loosen up. I am going to clarify my hair and deep condition and wear a wet bun this week.

I will be bunning until I get it put back in...I miss that weave already!

:cry: Well, I just took my sew in out...I will get it put back in by a professional this weekend. The cornrows I did were not tight enough and were starting to loosen up. I am going to clarify my hair and deep condition and wear a wet bun this week.

I will be bunning until I get it put back in...I miss that weave already!

Aww thats messed up! Thats why i have to do my own cornrows. you can gauge how tight/loose they are on your own head.

Checking in. Right now I am bunning. Actually, I plan to continue to bun for the next year as a personal challenge for added growth retention. I will post pics when i get home tonight!. What PC are you guys doing during this challenge?

P.S. if you havent subscribed to this thread please give me the honor of doing so!

The hardest thing about being natural for me so far is coming up with a regimen/products for my hair. I have to learn all about co-washing, sealing, etc. Ugh... so much to learn, so little time.

I wanna join ! Sounds like a good challenge .I ll use my pass when I ll straighten my hair to go to a wedding in aug .I'm trying to be good with heat use it only for 5 mins once a week ,that's becuz I have 3C hair that absorb a lot of water and take ages to dry ,having wet hair on your head for hours (especially in the colder months) can give u a serious arthritis in the future .

I wanna join ! Sounds like a good challenge .I ll use my pass when I ll straighten my hair to go to a wedding in aug .I'm trying to be good with heat use it only for 5 mins once a week ,that's becuz I have 3C hair that absorb a lot of water and take ages to dry ,having wet hair on your head for hours (especially in the colder months) can give u a serious arthritis in the future .

sounds like a plan. Welcome Kindheart! :grin:

The hardest thing about being natural for me so far is coming up with a regimen/products for my hair. I have to learn all about co-washing, sealing, etc. Ugh... so much to learn, so little time.

True there is a lot to learn but thats the best part! Trying out things to find out what works for you!

I completely forgot to post my PC style the other day. It's in my siggy. I haven't managed to perfect it with this hair comb thingy....but I'll get it right. I just got to!

I'm stilling hanging in here with no heat. Just trying to find low mani styles for my natural hair that don't cause too much shedding.

Back