NATURALS:CURLY 'TIL CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE 2010!

Naturae

:yay:CALLING ALL NATURALS!:yay:

SHORT AND SWEET: THIS IS A "NO DIRECT HEAT" CHALLENGE

ETA:
THE WEATHER IS COOLING DOWN...TIME TO SWITCH FROM WET BUNNING AND WNG'S TO ROLLER SETS, SILK WRAPS, BRAIDS, TWISTS, AND OTHER 'DRY' STYLES. I DON'T WANT ANY OF YOU LADIES CATCHING PNEUMONIA FROM GOING OUT WITH DAMP HAIR IN FALL/WINTER.
REMEMBER YOU CAN USE HIGH HEAT UNDER A HOODED DRYER FOR: SILK WRAPS, DEEP CONDITIONING

STICK TO THE CHALLENGE, RELY ON THIS THREAD FOR ENCOURAGEMENT..YOU CAN MAKE IT!

ONE PASS FOR STRAIGHTENING IS ALLOWED - REMEMBER YOUR HEAT PROTECTANT!!!

Last edited:
hmmmm - very interesting. I could prolly do this - I normally hide my hair when it gets cold outside. OK

OP,

What about sitting under the hair dryer- that's not direct heat...If you will allow the hair dryer- I'm in...Oh, and what about any passes? Do you allow for passes- for example, I am going to be in a wedding in October and she has already told me that she wants me to get my hair straightened, lol!

Maybe I just shouldn't try to join this challenge, I might have too much going on...

A Pass?! You guys are breaking me...lol OK - I've added that to the original terms in my initial post.

YOU ARE ALLOWED ONE PASS FOR STRAIGHTENING - USE WISELY - POST REGIMEN HERE AFTER YOU STRAIGHTEN

@ JANET - IF YOU WISH TO SIT UNDER A HOODED DRYER IT MUST BE ON COOL/WARM SETTING ONLY - HOT NOT PERMITTED

@ caligirl2385 - YES! TRANSITIONERS ARE WELCOME!!!

WELCOME TO THE CHALLENGE LADIES!
The gate is still open to join the challenge if you are new to viewing this thread!

A Pass?! You guys are breaking me...lol OK - I've added that to the original terms in my initial post.

YOU ARE ALLOWED ONE PASS FOR STRAIGHTENING - USE WISELY - POST REGIMEN HERE AFTER YOU STRAIGHTEN

@ JANET - IF YOU WISH TO SIT UNDER A HOODED DRYER IT MUST BE ON COOL/WARM SETTING ONLY - HOT NOT PERMITTED

@ caligirl2385 - YES! TRANSITIONERS ARE WELCOME!!!

WELCOME TO THE CHALLENGE LADIES!
The gate is still open to join the challenge if you are new to viewing this thread!

Alright!!! I'm in!!! Thanks, OP!

I'd like to join this challenge. I hadn't planned on using heat until December to do a length check anyway. I am wearing twists right now and may keep them in for the rest of the summer.

Alright I'm in! I was going to blow my hair out in September and then flat iron in November, but I think I can push myself to wait another month! :yep:

:eyebrows2:eyebrows2 Please add me to this challenge!! this is perfect for me and my in between hair that forces me to be restricted to braid and twist outs!

I want to join. My first challenge!
Welcome to the Challenge CA!
:eyebrows2:eyebrows2 Please add me to this challenge!! this is perfect for me and my in between hair that forces me to be restricted to braid and twist outs!
You are officially added Missjae!
I would love to join this challenge
Congrats on joining us krisalexs!
Alright I'm in! I was going to blow my hair out in September and then flat iron in November, but I think I can push myself to wait another month! :yep:
Sianna, I know you can do it, welcome to the challenge!

I wanna join. I'm trying to avoid heat anyway since I BCd and want to retain as much length as possible.

Count me in!!

This will allow time for the rest of the
relaxed hair to grow out
then I can gain some length.

This is just the motivation I need!

Did a braidout today and Im in love...The patchouli method of dcing...As stated by westindian beauty is super duper moisturizing to my hair

I would love to join this challenge. (I tried the rollersetting challenge earlier this year and it didn't work for me!)

I currently straighten once every two to three months. (So far this year Jan, April, June). I think I can hang until Dec 26th! :)

Sounds good to me. I was planning on straightening my hair in Sept. for a length check, but I'll just push it back a few months. Hopefully this will help me reach APL by the end of the year.

OOOh sign me up please :D
Weclome to the challenge PW!

I would love to join this challenge. (I tried the rollersetting challenge earlier this year and it didn't work for me!)

I currently straighten once every two to three months. (So far this year Jan, April, June). I think I can hang until Dec 26th! :)
You shouldn't have any problems with this Challenge ( 5 months) but if so, post away your troubles! Welcome Donyale!
Did a braidout today and Im in love...The patchouli method of dcing...As stated by westindian beauty is super duper moisturizing to my hair
Oooooo pease tell us your braidout reggie. Welcome to the challenge africanqueen!

Sounds good to me. I was planning on straightening my hair in Sept. for a length check, but I'll just push it back a few months. Hopefully this will help me reach APL by the end of the year.

You go girl - APL is the beez neez! Welcome to the challenge NNA!

Back