NATURALS:CURLY 'TIL CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE 2010!

Hi Ladies,

I did a length check yesterday and since I am using my "pass" for a wedding in October...That means that I have failed this challenge! I will be cheering you on though! I have been really obsessed with whether or not my hair has been damaged from my color (whether I had lost any length, major breakage, etc)...So, I gave in and straightened so that I could see...

Keep it curly ladies!

I used my pass to straighten my hair for the first time ever. I hated it, so you won't have to worry about me failing the challenge, lol!

Checking in..
i have absolutley no desire to straighten my hair.

since i bc'd in july i have notice my hair has grown quite a bit!

my hair is now touching my ears when i wng
and i have a lovely litttle shag thing goin on at the nape of my neck.

curly til christmas!!! :D

**UPDATE**

I have to admit, I am a little disappointed that a few of you ladies have given in to the heat! :( But we all have our monsters. Mine happens to be PJ'izm. I have gone to the BSS 8 times within the last 4 weeks to buy random knick-knacks and conditioners that I don't need so I am working on keeping my products down to a miniumum and struggling against the temptation to go to Sally's during my lunch breaks.
I have done some micro two strand twists (no extensions) yesterday which I will post pics of when I get home tonight. They came out really well and I hope they will last until after I move to Florida in 2 weeks. I sprayed the ends this morning with Aphogee leave in pro-vitamin cond. and bunned the twists. I'm still bunning so this will make my morning reggie much easier. If this works out then I will be redoing the twists in 3 weeks.

For those still going strong in this challenge...

KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK!

The weather is cooling down so it's time to switch from wet bunning & WnG's to roller sets, silk wraps, twists and braids, and other 'non-wet' styles! I dont want any of you ladies catching pneumonia!

Remember: you CAN ALWAYS use a hooded dryer as long as it is not on HIGH HEAT DIRECTLY ON YOUR HAIR.
FOR SILK WRAPS & DEEP CONDITIONING TREATMENTS YOU MAY USE HIGH HEAT SINCE IT IS INDIRECT HEAT.

Just checking in. I haven't used heat since Mother's Day weekend. My hair has definitely gotten thicker and longer. I think I have conquered my shedding problem with the tea rinses, but I won't know for sure until a couple of weeks and a few more rinses from now. I am seeing less hair in the tub after washing and/or co-washing and my hair feels softer yet stronger.

Checkin in on my Curly sistas! I've been having problems being able to post my pics to my replies.. any of yall having the same issue? Anyway, 'm still in my first install of micro two strand twists, moisturizing daily and bunning. I need to start sealing too b/c my ends are drying up faster than usual. May need to lay off the Knot Today and switch to something thick like Giovanni Direct.

HHG!!

OK - I forgot the rules and during my experimenting I TRIED to flatiron my hair on braided airdried hair - didn't work. Guess I used my 1 pass but ... I am trying it again this weekend so that I can decide if I want to keep the MaxiGlide I bought or send it back. 4give me please. After that I plan to go back to roller setting, and protective stylin' til Santa comes a callin'!

Be encouraged: I did a semi length check yesterday (while my hair is in micro two strand twists) and it appears as if I have already retained 2 inches since the beginning of this challenge! I should be full BSL by Christmas, just in time for a maxliglide length check and pics. I am so exited, ya'll. This is the first time that I have been dedicated to a hair challenge for this long. By the grace of God I am reaping the benefits!
Hats off to those of who are still going strong!!!

I'll join. I wasn't planning on straightening until December anyway, so this will work for me! :yep:

quailbird @ your siggy....For me Elbow length = HL!! LOL which is why it is taking me sooooo long to get to BSL. I'm 5'10 so it is taking me an extra 2 years to reach my goal.. lol :) oh well...hhg!

I don't know what got into me this weekend, but I was obsessed with straightening my hair...so I did. Needless to say, my heat pass has been used. The results? an okay blow out...I want my curls back! LOL!

No desires to straighten, but it's about 60 degrees now so I think I'm going to buy a hooded dryer to use on low. My hair takes FOREVER to dry (low porosity) and when I go outside with wet hair I feel like I'm dying!

No desires to straighten, but it's about 60 degrees now so I think I'm going to buy a hooded dryer to use on low. My hair takes FOREVER to dry (low porosity) and when I go outside with wet hair I feel like I'm dying!

Ooo yes please get a hooded dryer. Wouldn't want you to get sick! My hair is funny... I have low porosity in my roots but high porosity on the length of my hair. All in all, I wont go out with a wet head of hair in any of the cooler months.

That's it! I'm giving in and joining. Curly 'til Christmas here I come!!!! My hair thrived this summer with wet bunning & no heat, and I want to make BSL by the end of the year. I have about an inch to go. Can I join pretty please? :)

I think I may use my heat pass for my birthday (Oct 15th).

Also, would it count as a heat pass if I blowdried on low heat, low speed? Is the pass just for flat irons?

Can I join too? I just straightened for a length check but have decided to stay away from any heat until Christmas.

I cant remember if I joined this challenge but I think I did..So does diffusing my hair disqualify me..Cause I diffuse b4 church on Sundays..I can't have ppl sitting behind me get drenched from drippies..

Hah Qtee. Yea, if we can't diffuse I think I failed too. I hate my hair dripping on my clothes now that it's longer so I've been diffusing for a few minutes (not even until dry) just to stop drippies, sometimes on high, sometimes low.

diffusing is allowed but not on high heat! :)

Hah Qtee. Yea, if we can't diffuse I think I failed too. I hate my hair dripping on my clothes now that it's longer so I've been diffusing for a few minutes (not even until dry) just to stop drippies, sometimes on high, sometimes low.

I cant remember if I joined this challenge but I think I did..So does diffusing my hair disqualify me..Cause I diffuse b4 church on Sundays..I can't have ppl sitting behind me get drenched from drippies..

I think I may have failed this challenge on accident. I had an install in that allowed all of my hair to be braided... took it out two weeks ago and got it re-done. However, this install (due to issues w/ finding the lace front weave piece I needed) has about 2inches of my natual hair out in the top for a part. Of course, I have to flat iron it to go w/ the texture of the extensions. Whoomps -____- I have been rolling my natural hair and curling the weave as not to put much heat on it but it is inevitable (in that spot) w/ this style. I will continue on in memory & when I re-up on 11/15 I'll definitely go for a better style.

Attachments

• retouched1.jpg
    retouched1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 3
  • retouched2.jpg
    retouched2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 4
Taren916's method. I applied a little bit of Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie in 2 sections. Then I put quick curls over top in 4 sections. I diffused my hair on low speed, low heat. My hair has like no shape to it really. It's just blah. So, I pulled back the one side with bobby pins, and put a flower in. I made the flower.

It's NOVEMBER 1ST!!!

Just checkin in on my curly ladies! I put my hair in braid extensions last night. (DH helped). I just moved to Florida about a month ago and my hair is NOT adjusting well! (Which is also why I have been away from the forum for a while) I Tried a roller set and I looked like a troll after I was done, it was HORRIBLE. So to avoid any heat I just did braids. Will be moisturizin with my special sulfur concoction. These braids should last until after Christmas!!!!

Hope everyone is finding it easy to go without heat... only 1 month and 25 days left!!!!!

This one...I have failed. I blew out my hair (on low heat) for Halloween and had already used my pass, and sometimes I diffuse for a few minutes on high. My hair is just too thick/low porosity - when I diffuse on low it takes way too long for the drippies to go away, even if i never diffuse to make my hair dry, only so it's not dripping all over the place. I lose. Good luck to the rest of you!

Just checking in. Still going strong. I will probably straighten my hair a day or two before Christmas for a length check and because I will be cooking for Christmas and won't have time to fuss with my hair on Christmas.

Today is December 1st only 24 days to go for those who are straightening on Christmas. How is everyone doing?

Boy, I forgot I was in this challenge. I used a heat pass last weekend. I wanted my hair out for our family Christmas picture. No more heat until Christmas.

Haven't updated in a while. Still curly haven't even used my heat pass yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Back