NATURALS:CURLY 'TIL CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE 2010!

Hey ladies! I just did a roller set... for the first time ever (I think). I'm ok with the results.. it's not the cutest, but I think I can work with it and I think it will get better the more I do it.. one thing is for sure and that is, I really need a trim. I'm trying to hold out till december or january though...

Oh BTW, I let this hair dry.. I slept on the rollers. I don't really recommend that but I would probably do it again.

I love the results of the rollerset. The way that you pinned it up is too cute as well. What don't you like about it?

PS'ing my way so as not to focus on what length I'm NOT at...

ETA: Please excuse the greasy forehead...Ugh!

Attachments

• cornrow.jpg
    cornrow.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 11
  • cornrow2.jpg
    cornrow2.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 9
I love the results of the rollerset. The way that you pinned it up is too cute as well. What don't you like about it?

I don't dislike it per se, It's ok.... I just think need more practice. I rolled the sides back but the next time I will roll the front half of my hair forward. overall though, I'm satisfied.

checking in... and checking on my challengies.

Bunning with Fantasia IC sparkle lites and Knot Today by KK. I love this reggie. I dont have to touch my bun but in the moring to spritz some glycerin. So far this style has held up for 3 days strait. Tomorrow is my co-wash day then back to bunning after air dry.

I am itching to do a length check but I'm going to wait until after the challenge....

Hey Naturae,

Right now my hair is in 6 big plaits...I'm trying to save this pitiful braidout, lol!

Okay, this is my first challenge on LHCF and I'm super excited for the extra motivation. I've been doing a personal no-heat challenge since June, but didn't have an end goal. Now I do. Let's go!

Washing my hair tonight...gonna do a dc (even though my steamer hasn't arrived yet) and going to attempt a rollerset...We shall see.

Washing my hair tonight...gonna do a dc (even though my steamer hasn't arrived yet) and going to attempt a rollerset...We shall see.

Good luck with your rollerset! I did one for my sis yesterday before she went off to college and it came out great.

Is anyone using Cantu Shea Butter still?

Last nights reggie:
On damp sectioned off hair apply KC's "Knot Today"
Denman brush each section
Apply Cantu Shea Butter
Bun

This morning was some soft and moisture sealed locks! Sad I had to bun those suckers..lol I'm sticking to my PC no matter what

I have added some WGO to my cantu shea butter and I like it as a leave it.. it makes me feel good to know that i'm using ceramides in my leave in. it serves it's purpose. I love Knot Today as well..that's a great leave in.

Is anyone using Cantu Shea Butter still?

Last nights reggie:
On damp sectioned off hair apply KC's "Knot Today"
Denman brush each section
Apply Cantu Shea Butter
Bun

This morning was some soft and moisture sealed locks! Sad I had to bun those suckers..lol I'm sticking to my PC no matter what

what kind of rollers did you use ?

I used the snap on rollers in medium.

ETA: Whats funny is she was like "I'm gonna sleep in them with a satin cap on so they can dry over night". I was like 'if you say so"... she called me at 1am going "These things hurt, I can't sleep!!"
I knew it would happen but she is stubborn which is why i kept my mouth shut to begin with. I offered for her to sit under my dryer for 20 min but noooooooo. I know you didnt ask for all that but I felt like sharing :lachen:

Last night I set my 2strand twist on flexi rods.. it's really curly but it's growing on me.. and I really think with style will last for days! :-)

My first likeable twistout!!!! I (ahem, we- Thanks Missjae09) switched up products and it made a world of difference!!!

Attachments

• My Braid Out 008.jpg
    My Braid Out 008.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 23
  • My Braid Out 009.jpg
    My Braid Out 009.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 18
  • My Braid Out 007.jpg
    My Braid Out 007.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 18
I have to say I'm loving my banded ponytail :grin:

I don't think I can go back to the bun now :nono:

Attachments

• banded hair.jpg
    banded hair.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 21
Hi natural mamis! :)

I hope you all have a FANTASTIC weekend! I will be posting more pics of my coilouts this weekend! ;)

Be blessed & CURLY! :)

Back