NATURALS:CURLY 'TIL CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE 2010!

I cornrowed the front and 2 strand twisted the back... then braided the twists (as best I could) we'll see how long this lasts...

Rocking a rollerset that Missjae09 did for me last night...I'm liking the idea of the rollerset, I really am!!!

ETA: I did sit under the hair dryer under the "cool" setting:yep::yep:

Attachments

• Rollerset 036.jpg
    Rollerset 036.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 11
  • Rollerset 042.jpg
    Rollerset 042.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 11
Rocking a rollerset that Missjae09 did for me last night...I'm liking the idea of the rollerset, I really am!!!

ETA: I did sit under the hair dryer under the "cool" setting:yep::yep:

I am loving this rollerset! The color also adds demention to the curls. Like one of those twisted lolipops you get at Disneyworld!!!!

Good job Missjae!:yep:

Here's a picture of my PS for the next few days.. this is my first time trying this style (we're working on style options!! ... it's all about options!)

Attachments

• IMG00041-20100823-2130.jpg
    IMG00041-20100823-2130.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1140.jpg
    IMG_1140.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 17
Nice MissJae09! I wish I had skills like that! :grin:

I just twisted my hair up and am rockin' some fun wigs, just getting into protective styles.

Attachments

• 23aug.jpg
    23aug.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 11
Here's a picture of my PS for the next few days.. this is my first time trying this style (we're working on style options!! ... it's all about options!)

Hey, that first pic is my house, lol:spinning::spinning:!!! Love the look!!!

P.S., I see your steamer in the background, lol!!!

I am in! I need one straightening pass for my birthday (10/12), but everything else seem to be good.

Btw, I have been on a personal challege this whole summer and did not place any direct heat on my head. I've been and will continue to use a mixture of Mix Chicks and Miss Jessie's products.

Thanks!

Just a little update: my main style will be bantu knot outs :yep: But I failed to receive 2nd day hair today :nono: I need to find a method to achieve this! Any tips??)

:nono: sorry i don't...

Any of you ladies have bantu knot -out tips?

Bri -- if all else fails just do a LHCF forum search :yep:

Plz count me in... I may use may pass to straighten my hair for my braider, I do not trust her with heat in my head...

oh, and I may be a week shy of Christmas because my vaction starts on the 17th and I want to BTK for the inlaws

Plz count me in... I may use may pass to straighten my hair for my braider, I do not trust her with heat in my head...

oh, and I may be a week shy of Christmas because my vaction starts on the 17th and I want to BTK for the inlaws

Ok you're in! welcome

Just checking in!

I'm still hanging in there! I'd wanted to blow my hair out next month but now I think I'm going to do an air-dry rollerset followed by a silk wrap under a warm dryer! That doesn't violate the challenge right?! :look: :lachen:

It'll be my first attempt at roller setting so I hope it goes well! Any tips or product suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Right now I plan on using EVOO on freshly co-washed hair and foaming wrap lotion. :yep:

Just checking in!

I'm still hanging in there! I'd wanted to blow my hair out next month but now I think I'm going to do an air-dry rollerset followed by a silk wrap under a warm dryer! That doesn't violate the challenge right?! :look: :lachen:

It'll be my first attempt at roller setting so I hope it goes well! Any tips or product suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Right now I plan on using EVOO on freshly co-washed hair and foaming wrap lotion. :yep:

Thanks for checking in! ---
I did a rollerset on my sister a couple of weeks ago with foaming wrap lotion and cantu shea butter on damp hair. I used the snap on rollers in medium and she let it air dry. The results were very soft but long lasting curls which she loved. Good luck on your roller set, Sianna. Let us know how it goes and post pics if you like!

I did two strand twists 2 nights ago bc I am taking a break from using my Fantasia Gel shingling. But since the length of my hair strands are not dense or thick the twists look severely 'anorexic' with the exception of my new growth. My new growth has always come in very very thick and puffy. It looks horrible! I am too embarassed to take pics and show yall so, sorry! But I AM LOVING THE BUTTERY SOFTNESS.
Here is what i did:
Clarify with Suave Rosemary Mint poo
Rinse condition with Mega Tek 1x
Rinse condition with Suave Almont & Shea Butter 1x
towel blot dry
Apply ample amnt of Knot Today leave in con.
Section hair that I am twising and slather on Cantu Shea Butter
Denman brush it through
Appy a pinch of KBB Butter Love( in Vanilla Latte) to that section
Twist & move on to next section

My hair came out so buttery soft that I havent needed to spritz moisture on the last two days. However If only my hair was thicker these two strand twists would be so rockin!

Last edited:
Just checking in - I had a moment last week where I was sooo tempted to blow dry my hair and flat iron it and be DONE with it for the week. My wash n go's felt sooo dry and I was just generally tired of my curly "look." BUT, I hopped on to LHCF and looked through the boards and found inspiration to continue. The last few days I've been applying a mixture of water and conditioner and sealing with castor/evoo oil mix, then braiding my hair in six braids, and sleeping in a silk bonnet. This seems to have fixed my heat urge :)

Ladies, It is with a heavy heart I am posting today. I have FAILED this challenge... I broke! I am no longer curly... I couldn't take it any more. My hair is short I ran out of style options and I wanted to wear my hair straight. I will continue to cheer you ladies on from the side lines.. and I will continue to wear my curly styles but I will have to take little breaks in between. I'm so sorry I feel like I have let the team down. Anyway, I'm sure you ladies will carry on!

Ladies, It is with a heavy heart I am posting today. I have FAILED this challenge... I broke! I am no longer curly... I couldn't take it any more. My hair is short I ran out of style options and I wanted to wear my hair straight. I will continue to cheer you ladies on from the side lines.. and I will continue to wear my curly styles but I will have to take little breaks in between. I'm so sorry I feel like I have let the team down. Anyway, I'm sure you ladies will carry on!

I'm sorry, but I must concur (did i spell that right?? lol) My hair has been dry, brittle, shedding, and matting...MATTING!! My hair has never matted on me before! I had to do it.....I'm sooooo sorry! But seriously, I wish you guys luck. You have far more discipline than me.

Checking in.
still curly. Don't feel the urge to straighten my hair because I would probably look retarded with only 3 inches of hair. Getting sick of wash n gos though.

I've finally perfected my bantu knot outs! :grin: It was a lot of trial and error but I did it! Basically at first what I decided to do was co-wash my hair every other day (between my weekly wash and DC) and re-tie my bantu knots and take out the next morning. The only problem was that it takes a LOOONG time for them to dry so the next morning when I would have to go to work I'd take out the knots and be left with curly wet hair that would frizz up the minute I hit outside :nono:

So now what I am doing and redoing my bantu knots before I go to bed :yep: I spray my dry hair with a leave in and the next morning my curls are fresh (and my ends are protected :yay:)My goal for December 26th is to have the longest part of my hair reach my nipples :look: Hopefully it can be done with this challenge! *crosses fingers*

Back