Katarina Phang's Dating Philosophy

So what do you ladies make of modern-day relationship advice that encourages women to initiate contact with men (not ask him out, just walk up and say hi)? Can a woman be completely aloof (yet still kind/charming) and still have quality men approach, or does she have to take initiative with this generation of men? It feels a lot like leaning in to me and it is something I'm not comfortable with.

Even on online dating apps, I don't approach men. If I do, it's because they have approached first and I'm just continuing the dialogue from previously. 9/10 they have noooio problem approaching you in person or online. My cousin approached her guy and literally had to carry the relationship up until the altar. Her complaints are now that she feels she has to do everything. Sweetie you were doing it before ?!

Are any of you ladies using law of attraction/subliminal messaging? If so, has it been working? I watch a few on youtube and try to watch daily but I can say I'm getting approached online by more quality men and I've gotten numbers and respectful conversations lately lol.

I

Are any of you ladies using law of attraction/subliminal messaging? If so, has it been working? I watch a few on youtube and try to watch daily but I can say I'm getting approached online by more quality men and I've gotten numbers and respectful conversations lately lol.

I
Which ones have you watched?

Which ones have you watched?

It would be nice if I had posted them lol

I watch this almost daily

This a few times a week

Now I recently found this and will try to watch daily:

I mostly listen when I'm not distracted and try to close my eyes and visualize a relationship, how he will court me, his looks , and our dates while its playing.lol

I also journal what the guy will look like, his qualities, etc.

I also try to maintain my relationship with God and continue to pray and build my relationship with Jesus. I don't feel like it's one or the other but I feel like we can incorporate both. I was always journaling about getting married way before the law of attraction

I'm a little against leaning back when it comes to initial contact. I'm a friendly extrovert, so it would be weird for me not to strike up a convo with strangers. A few weeks ago, I spotted a cute guy at a cafe sitting outside studying. After I bought food, I sat a comfortable distance away and asked if he was studying for the bar. That started a in-depth convo that led to numbers being exchanged and a place on my rotation. There's a balance, I used some of the techniques from MDLWLY for initial contact, but and leaning back now so he can show me who he is.

I'm a little against leaning back when it comes to initial contact. I'm a friendly extrovert, so it would be weird for me not to strike up a convo with strangers. A few weeks ago, I spotted a cute guy at a cafe sitting outside studying. After I bought food, I sat a comfortable distance away and asked if he was studying for the bar. That started a in-depth convo that led to numbers being exchanged and a place on my rotation. There's a balance, I used some of the techniques from MDLWLY for initial contact, but and leaning back now so he can show me who he is.
I'm on the fence about this one because I do think the "is this seat taken" line is a good one. It gets his attention and he notices you and all you had to do was sit down. However, I would not engage him in conversation as I have to really wonder (for myself) if he would have bothered if I hadn't talked first. That's just me though and I want to avoid overthinking so I wouldn't do it to myself. Being a friendly extrovert is good (I'm not one and generally avoid talking to people lmao) but I think it's apples and oranges when it comes to striking up a convo with a random stranger vs. striking up a convo with a man you are interested in. I'm glad it worked out for you. So umm... you gonna come on over to the single ladies thread and give us deets ma'am!

I'm on the fence about this one because I do think the "is this seat taken" line is a good one. It gets his attention and he notices you and all you had to do was sit down. However, I would not engage him in conversation as I have to really wonder (for myself) if he would have bothered if I hadn't talked first. That's just me though and I want to avoid overthinking so I wouldn't do it to myself. Being a friendly extrovert is good (I'm not one and generally avoid talking to people lmao) but I think it's apples and oranges when it comes to striking up a convo with a random stranger vs. striking up a convo with a man you are interested in. I'm glad it worked out for you. So umm... you gonna come on over to the single ladies thread and give us deets ma'am!

This is the hard part for me. I'm a lot like @*~*Afrolicious*~* in that I often strike up conversations with strangers. Since I've been moving around a lot, it becomes the only way I can meet new people. But right now I'm still trying to heal from some rejection I've gone through recently, so even starting an innocent conversation with a cute guy doesn't feel empowering to me. I just want to relax and be chased. Even when there is the perfect opportunity to talk to a guy and then lean back-- I don't even want to take the first step. He could have just as easily spoken to me.

This is the hard part for me. I'm a lot like @*~*Afrolicious*~* in that I often strike up conversations with strangers. Since I've been moving around a lot, it becomes the only way I can meet new people. But right now I'm still trying to heal from some rejection I've gone through recently, so even starting an innocent conversation with a cute guy doesn't feel empowering to me. I just want to relax and be chased. Even when there is the perfect opportunity to talk to a guy and then lean back-- I don't even want to take the first step. He could have just as easily spoken to me.

I had a guy tell me that I initiated and pursued him to my face when we were having problems. He wasn't even all that and didnt have much to offer....Never again.... from then on, i had the guys do 90% of initiating abd pursuing.

There is a article she wrote that states that mean appreciates more what they work for

I had a guy tell me that I initiated and pursued him to my face when we were having problems. He wasn't even all that and didnt have much to offer....Never again.... from then on, i had the guys do 90% of initiating abd pursuing.

There is a article she wrote that states that mean appreciates more what they work for
What did you do that gave him the impression you pursued him? Was it something as simple as saying hello to him? I tend to over think things when I do something that I normally wouldn't do and even a hello would have me second guessing whether he would have initiated if I didn't.

I hear you, but I do think it's important to make sure not to completely change one's personality, in the effort to get a husband. I've had people approach me when I was in my own little world that I wouldn't have noticed otherwise(when I space out, I ignore everything around me lol). My dude was nose deep in a book, a good looking woman such as myself was a nice distraction. He even invited me over to his table shortly after I initiated contact. Striking up convos with men I talk to men I find attractive the same way I talk to anyone I meet. It takes more than a handsome face to get me emotionally invested lok. I think it's a little insane to not consider that men get preoccupied and busy when they're out and about and to not initial natural contact/communication if you see a cute guy.

*Excuse typos/grammar

Last edited:
I hear you, but I do think it's important to make sure not to completely change one's persinality, in the effort to get a husband. I've had people approach me when I was in my own little world that I wouldn't have noticed otherwise(when I space out, I ignore everything around me lol). My dude was nose deep in a book, a good looking woman such as myself was a nice distraction. He even invited me over to his table shortly after I initiated contact. Striking up convos with men I talk to men I find attractive the same way I talk to anyone I meet. It takes more than a handsome face to get me emotionally invested lok. I think it's a little insane to not consider that men get preoccupied and busy when they're out and about and to not initial natural contact/communication if you see a cute guy.

I'm like this too. Today I was in the airport and a guy ahead of me (older in his 50s) was selecting a line that seemed shorter so I said "yeah I'm going to follow you" :lol: and then when it turned out it was shorter I said "wow, good choice." Not crazy but I say random stuff out loud. In the end, he got picked up my containers for me for the TSA check and smiled.

I don't see the point in changing my behavior bc it's who I am and how I interact with the world. I think pursuing a guy looks different though but I don't mind asking out a guy friend for drinks but he knows he is in the friend zone. They typically pay for me anyway

Can someone explain the courses/coaching products Katarina offers and at what cost and format. I initially saw the ebook that comes with the coaching and I thought that price was reasonable but I'm actually more interested in the journey inward program and the prices on those packages are huge? If I can understand the format of the course I may be willing to organize another group purchase for that. PM if interested or you have more info.

What did you do that gave him the impression you pursued him? Was it something as simple as saying hello to him? I tend to over think things when I do something that I normally wouldn't do and even a hello would have me second guessing whether he would have initiated if I didn't.

Girl I did everything wrong. He initiated first and I sort of took over! Calling him, planning things, inviting myself over, etc. Complaining that he doesn't contact me etc

I hear you, but I do think it's important to make sure not to completely change one's persinality, in the effort to get a husband. I've had people approach me when I was in my own little world that I wouldn't have noticed otherwise(when I space out, I ignore everything around me lol). My dude was nose deep in a book, a good looking woman such as myself was a nice distraction. He even invited me over to his table shortly after I initiated contact. Striking up convos with men I talk to men I find attractive the same way I talk to anyone I meet. It takes more than a handsome face to get me emotionally invested lok. I think it's a little insane to not consider that men get preoccupied and busy when they're out and about and to not initial natural contact/communication if you see a cute guy.

I think it has more to do with letting the man lead. Not moreso initiating the first contact or conversation . The falling and texting, asking us out on dates, planning dates,letting him state his intentions and not assuming or trying to persuade him ,etc

Last edited:
If you're an extrovert (or an extreme extrovert like I am :lol:) then you talk to everyone when you're out and about. I don't think the lesson is not to approach men and talk to them first. The lesson is what is your INTENTION when you do that. If you're an extrovert then you don't even notice when you're doing it. You're just being you. That's fine. It's when you're forcing yourself to approach him because he didn't notice you or show any interest in you that things start to get wonky. You tend to be in your masculine energy then cuz you're the hunter now. Honestly if you're cool with that go for it. Drop him a hanky, let him pick it up and lead from there. You gotta do what works for you.

Can someone explain the courses/coaching products Katarina offers and at what cost and format. I initially saw the ebook that comes with the coaching and I thought that price was reasonable but I'm actually more interested in the journey inward program and the prices on those packages are huge? If I can understand the format of the course I may be willing to organize another group purchase for that. PM if interested or you have more info.

Her website is a little challenging: https://products.katarinaphang.com/

She has the e-book, a monthly live coaching call series, individual classes you can purchase (from these previously recorded monthly calls), goddess interview series, journey inward course, leaning back series and the feminine magnetism coaching (most $$ but I believe combines all the programs). I could be missing a few things. I believe these are previously recorded classes (except the monthly call) and depending on which cycle you get (older vs newer), the price varies. I am really intrigued by her Journey Inward series but at the same time, I think her prices are too high and she's not a licensed professional to my knowledge. I feel like self-help books can help with the inner stuff that needs to be worked out YKWIM? HTH!

It would be nice if I had posted them lol

I watch this almost daily

This a few times a week

Thank you for sharing! I hear music but also like a static-y sound (I guess the person speaking the messages). Am I supposed to hear that? Or is my volume up to loud? Are you supposed to listen to these with headphones?

I enjoyed the High Value Woman audio. Nothing groundbreaking but I liked the delivery.

In a nutshell, the key to relationship success is overcoming anxiety. That's pretty much the basis of all of her teachings. The anxiety issue might not only be relationship-related, if you struggle with anxiety in your day to day life, it will affect the ease in which you enter and thrive in relationships. The less you worry about the outcome of anything in life, the more likely you are to attract great things. Women who don't deal with anxiety are high value by default. They aren't invested in the outcome of anything, and that makes them magnetic in all aspects of life.

Anxiety makes us lose faith in our feminine essence. Anxiety and worry is for men. Feminine energy cannot thrive in an environment where there is concern about the future. We have to tap into our masculine energy for work and finance-- because the future is important in that areas of life. But in relationships, women are intended to relax, receive, and allow things to be without resistance. Modern women struggle with making that switch. Your experience as a woman will be more rewarding if you learn how to lean back in your dealings with men.

She shares a breakthrough moment she had while attending a wine tasting event with her partner. This breakthrough brought her to tears.

The secret to being desirable, cherished, and the object of affection for every man you come across is this...

You don't have to do anything. The less you do, the less you worry, the less you care... the better the result.

It's so simple. Care less, think less, worry less... and you'll get more. You have to have faith in your desirability and just allow things to be. Surrender and everything will fall into place. Of course a woman should put some effort into things like building her rotation (getting out there, creating online dating profiles, being open minded, etc...), but most of her time should be spent taking a backseat and letting the man put in the work.

The more you resist what is, the more you will struggle with getting what you want out of life.

Qualities of High Value Women (HVW)

High value women do not cling to people or experiences. They are happy within themselves regardless of the outcome. They are happy if they are single, married, or unmarried. They are full inside and a relationship only adds to that fullness. They enjoy what is in the moment. When the experience ends, they go on with their lives. They understand that nothing is constant but change, so they are committed to being happy regardless. Women who are happy for no reason are high value by default because such women are rare. Once you become full inside, you will become a goddess that no man can ever leave.

A high value woman doesn't cling to men who aren't committed. She doesn't want a man who doesn't want her. Her default mode is to never get ahead of any guy. She is always observing while enjoying the experience. If through observation it is clear that he isn't as invested as she would like him to be, she removes herself from the situation. Emotional investment in a guy who hasn't proven himself and hasn't committed is leading with masculine energy. Enjoy his company but observe while remaining emotionally detached.

High value women are easy to lose. They don't waste time on wishy-washy men. She might date a man who is unsure, but since she keeps her options open, and once he no longer brings value, he's cut off. Katarina likens this to leaving the scene of a crime with no emotional entanglements. It seems like common sense but most women do not operate this way. As soon as a man shows uncertainty, the woman jumps into fix-it mode and starts having talks with him, nagging, and doing everything in her power to get him to act right. The less interest he shows the more she wants him. On the flipside, a HVW takes the path of least resistance. Most women suffer and are not happy because they expend so much energy trying to move a mountain. That's not our job. Let him move the mountain. A HVW is always on the same page as the man. If he's wishy-washy, she is wishy-washy, too. If he's not sure, she's not sure either. If he's dating others, she's dating others. Even if he says he isn't dating others, if he only sees her once a week, she still dates other men. :look: She inspires any man who finds her attractive to always want to come to her with more because she doesn't demand or expect, she's happy with what is, and when she's no longer happy, she bounces. She keeps a detached attitude with men who aren't committed. She will keep some uncertain men around if they bring value because she has nothing to lose since she is always seeing others. Once they stop bringing value, she drops them. Savage.

High value women have options. They build rotations and don't stop seeing other men until they have a commitment (not just verbally, but through his actions). Having options isn't selfish-- in fact, it makes her relationships better. She is not as anxious or dependent on a man when she has a rotation. She is cooler, more free, and more fun when she isn't banking on one man who hasn't decided if he's ready to commit. It's easier to lean back when you have a rotation. It's easier to observe and know if a man is the one when you have other men to compare him to. Women with options more easily radiate in their goddess energy. She is taking care of herself first without apology. They feel powerful and in control. Such a woman is rare and thus high value by default.

High value women vibrate at a higher frequency. There is no worry, anxiety, lack, or insecurity. Her life is easy. She's an inspiration to men because her energy is always light and joyful. She doesn't force expectations onto men, she's easy to please, and for that reason men want to please her more. They are motivated to give. Guys are hooked on her fullness and happiness.

High value women accept or reject. That's it. They don't fix men. She observes, takes notes, and chooses the path of least resistance. She doesn't try to convince or sway men. Men either suit her or they don't. Grown men act right with the women they want to act right with. If he does stuff she doesn't like and she can be at peace with it, she keeps him around for as long as he brings value. If she can no longer be at peace with it, she walks away. No nagging or trying to fix it. This is how she keeps her life happy and stress free. HVW don't demand, they inspire through being easy to lose.

High value women have fun whenever they can without guilt. Fun is a HVW's main priority. It is a way of life to her. HVW are greedy. They don't worry about guilt or societal expectations. They are above it. They keep their emotional tank full at all times, and they don't need a particular guy to make them happy. She is fine no matter what because her happiness comes from within. She trusts herself. She trusts her feelings, and she is always true to herself. She doesn't follow the definitions of right and wrong that people assign to her. She comes first.

In conclusion, being high value is about mindset. Your mind can be your greatest ally or enemy. If you are consistently having issues with men it is time to look within and analyze how your thinking patterns influence your behavior. Most women have been wired to think obsessively about relationships. Our minds are always searching for answers and certainty. We never enjoy the moment because our minds feel like the present is boring. We are addicted to conflict and self-loathing because it gives our minds a challenge. Let it go. There is power in surrender. Be fun, free, unbothered, and so in love with yourself and your life that you are joyful regardless.

Thank you for sharing! I hear music but also like a static-y sound (I guess the person speaking the messages). Am I supposed to hear that? Or is my volume up to loud? Are you supposed to listen to these with headphones?

Lol.

The person is repeating the affirmations in the background. Scroll down for more info and you will see what they are saying. Someone also posted in the comments what the affirmations are as well. Headphones are even better.

As far as results. Once I started listening to it , I have been meeting better men for me. I met some guy online last night who seems to be on my page career and intelligent wise. We were supposed to meet for lunch but he flaked lol. I'm not mad but it reminds me to continue having my boundaries and not settle for less and have a clear direction of what I want. Including doing inner work, prayer, journaling,etc.

I also met two other guys online and.I let them know what I expect. One wants to impress me so bad that he is offering to take me to a very nice pricey restaurant. I know it's not in his budget but oh well lol. I'm also not entertaining bullsh.... online and in real life. I don't have time to waste.. I feel more empowered after starting to invest in myself

Ladies men do want to impress us and we have to be clear of what we dont and do want. I can see now that being firm, assertive, and having self respect will get you far. My niceness got me nothing but heartache . I see zaynab as an inspiration. She recently got remarried!

Lol.

The person is repeating the affirmations in the background. Scroll down for more info and you will see what they are saying. Someone also posted in the comments what the affirmations are as well. Headphones are even better.

As far as results. Once I started listening to it , I have been meeting better men for me. I met some guy online last night who seems to be on my page career and intelligent wise. We were supposed to meet for lunch but he flaked lol. I'm not mad but it reminds me to continue having my boundaries and not settle for less and have a clear direction of what I want. Including doing inner work, prayer, journaling,etc.

I also met two other guys online and.I let them know what I expect. One wants to impress me so bad that he is offering to take me to a very nice pricey restaurant. I know it's not in his budget but oh well lol. I'm also not entertaining bullsh.... online and in real life. I don't have time to waste.. I feel more empowered after starting to invest in myself

Ladies men do want to impress us and we have to be clear of what we dont and do want. I can see now that being firm, assertive, and having self respect will get you far. My niceness got me nothing but heartache . I see zaynab as an inspiration. She recently got remarried!

I figured that LOL. I just wasn't sure if I was supposed to be aware of the talking. Maybe I'll try turning the volume down and zoning out a bit so I'm less distracted by the "static." I also downloaded the friendship generator video and I loved the music! :lachen: Found myself happy and grooving. Congrats in the male attention/energy. I have been getting more attention since I started RR and I'm sure these videos won't hurt either.

Lol.

Wait are you suppose to listen to this awake or asleep? :perplexed:

Back