IT'S HERE AT LAST!!!!!!! KIMMAY'S FLAT IRON VID!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
her retention is great! but i wonder what happened to her edges? that should be her next project!

She and I have the same edge dilemma, no matter what I do my edges look like that, it's not tension, it's not chemicals....arrrgh! :pyro:

Ok I'm done :lol:

Her hair looks really good. She's so little lol. I learned a LOT about hair pH from Kimmaytube so while I can understand why people don't particularly care for her demeanor, I've got a wealth of information from her channel, even as a relaxed head :yep:

Here hair is nice and long and super thick lookin!!!.

Maybe it was the products or technique she used that made it look "sticky" to some, it was a little clumped, maybe she just used some heavy products?

She looks SOOOOOOO happy about her hair!!

Personally I like to get my strands super duper straight when I flat iron, but maybe she likes a more textured look?

Side eye to alla the negative commenters because i've seen worse flat iron results posted in our forums and only good comments were left for those. :grin:

This is key. She is happy, and as long as she is happy then that's the most important thing as she is the one that has to live with what she has every day. Not that this is a hardship imo!

She's not stupid, she's well aware of her weak/problem areas, that have already been documented here. I'm sure she'll deal with them.

Last edited:
I'm not up on Kimmay...lol Is she a member here? The pics/vids are inspiring.. good job! but does anyone know that jazz she's playing in the background? It literally puts my agitated infant in a trance!!! I've played that video like 5 times and he hasn't made a peep! Minute it goes off he's crying.. I need this song in my life. Thanks!
She mixes her own music. You might ask her, she might give it to you if you let her know why you want it and promise you aren't using it for $$$.

Hmm, so you don't think if she went to a professional she wouldn't have shiny, bouncy hair? :perplexed She has a head full of healthy hair. I've seen far worse go in and come out looking brand new.

Maybe. Maybe not. I could swear I already posted in my original comment that clearly you can't compare her results to that of a professional & I said her hair looks nice.

The truth is that it does look stiff and it does look dry and the look of her hair is not my preference. There's nothing to debate about.

I think it looks good and good job. I know I can't flat iron well on my hair. I like the textured look and she has retained well. I have learned a lot from her and her knowledge given in regards to ph as it has turned the health of my hair around.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Long Hair Care Forum App

Her hair looks good, she is proud of it and it shows:yep:.

I think she flat ironed for length check, not for beauty. I think everyone does something like that.

Also, mwedzi has beautiful hair, BUT those delicious shots she gave us was done by a professional. I am sure if Kimmay went to one for aestetic reasons, her hair would be stunning!

I think I've stated before that I'm NOT a fan of her personality. I think it often-times sucks, especially for a supposed business woman.

BUT.......

please stop these comments that imply that she has issues with her hair. If she was an LHCF sis with a great personality who posted these results after a 2 year HHG-journey, she'd be the new Lady P or Sylver2 with challenges started in her honor. Her regimen, retention and commitment have been inspiring, and the proof is clearly in the pudding.

Don't let her stank attitude detract from that.

Last edited:
Something, I don't know what it is, but something tells me she is going to wear her hair like that more. Maybe it was the shock and look in her eyes. I can't wait to get to APL and BSL.

Undoubtedly Kimmay has had awesome retention and an absolutely stellar regimen but with all of the hoopla surrounding the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus type build up ultimately leading to the big reveal it now seems like much ado about ……….. Arguably, she is an outstanding marketing guru.

Had to go see what all of the excitement was about.... I am impressed by Kimmay's knowledge and willingness to share this valuable information. What I have learned since Aug. 2010 from her and others on this board who are willing to share is amazing. I enjoy watching her videos and seeing her confidence as she discusses each topic in detail. I don't find her attitude "stank" at all, however I do see her as unapologetic about her decisions, knowledge etc. She is appears to be armed and ready to do battle if confronted with negativity--much the same as I or others on this board would be if confronted with similar situations. Heck I am docile with a calm demeanor but if I am pushed in a corner I am coming out fighting and will fight until I'm bloody.

I am so geeked when I see a sister doing her "thang" and I always support. We have enough haters from those who think we have an attitude, too strong, to this, to that, so please let's examine our behavior... and I'm not speaking about those who have an opinion because we are all entitled to one, but if you are just being outright mean or hating just know that someone may be hating on you.

Her hair looks nice and healthy. Yeah it's a bit stiff but I'm sure she was more concerned about protecting her hair so she probably layered on product. Her hair is just as nice a some of the women on this site.

Maybe. Maybe not. I could swear I already posted in my original comment that clearly you can't compare her results to that of a professional & I said her hair looks nice.

The truth is that it does look stiff and it does look dry and the look of her hair is not my preference. There's nothing to debate about.

I'm not debating your personal opinion of her hair. I happen to disagree, but that's fine. I'm debating your implication that her hair is dry and stiff because there is something wrong with her hair, that something else is going on besides improper technique and/or product.

If it is not one of those two things that caused her hair to turn out as bad as you think it did, I'm curious to know what you think her problem is...

I think the negativity comes from the fact that she touts herself as an expert and is building a following based on her achievements. And many of us are not impressed. If she's an expert, we expect expert-like results and her flatiron job ain't silky. That's a #fail. She elected herself spokeswoman of natural hair cuz she got a hook into Essence. Lol. Um, no boo-boo.

Is she informative? Yes. Is she reaching others who need a lil direction? Sure. I'll give her that. But that's about it.

We can appreciate the time and effort to grow 4 type hair but the salty attitude and antipation buildup just ain't justified by a long shot. She can take her 'tude and saggy tittays and saddown somewhere. (oh come on, thats funny)

My take on this lady and her hair.

In before the :padlock2: and poof! :lol:

Last edited:
Forreal!

smh.....

Here hair is nice and long and super thick lookin!!!.

Maybe it was the products or technique she used that made it look "sticky" to some, it was a little clumped, maybe she just used some heavy products?

She looks SOOOOOOO happy about her hair!!

Personally I like to get my strands super duper straight when I flat iron, but maybe she likes a more textured look?

Side eye to alla the negative commenters because i've seen worse flat iron results posted in our forums and only good comments were left for those. :grin:

I think I've stated before that I'm NOT a fan of her personality. I think it often-times sucks, especially for a supposed business woman.

BUT.......

please stop these comments that imply that she has issues with her hair. If she was an LHCF sis with a great personality who posted these results after a 2 year HHG-journey, she'd be the new Lady P or Sylver2 with challenges started in her honor. Her regimen, retention and commitment have been inspiring, and the proof is clearly in the pudding.

Don't let her stank attitude detract from that

Great retention. She is very good at what she does in building anticipation!

I found it all rather amusing! :lol:

Worst part is I think most (all) of the hype was built on here. I'm subscribed to her channel and watch her videos from time to time (on mute because I don't like her slow speaking, never noticed a stank attitude though, maybe because I mute her?) and didn't realise she'd be flat ironing.

I only heard about the flat ironing from here and I guess I would've seen that video eventually but wasn't really something I kept in the back of my mind. If it wasn't for the super long, locked, pouffed threads, then new threads mentioning the poufed, locked threads, I would've never known she was doing anything, kanyeshrug.

Either way, I think her hair looks nice, and yeah, if she was a member that started a thread here people would be singing her praises. I know I suck at flat ironing and people have told me, oh no it's not bad, it looks lovely :lol:

Last edited:
Had to go see what all of the excitement was about.... I am impressed by Kimmay's knowledge and willingness to share this valuable information. What I have learned since Aug. 2010 from her and others on this board who are willing to share is amazing. I enjoy watching her videos and seeing her confidence as she discusses each topic in detail. I don't find her attitude "stank" at all, however I do see her as unapologetic about her decisions, knowledge etc. She is appears to be armed and ready to do battle if confronted with negativity--much the same as I or others on this board would be if confronted with similar situations. Heck I am docile with a calm demeanor but if I am pushed in a corner I am coming out fighting and will fight until I'm bloody.

I am so geeked when I see a sister doing her "thang" and I always support. We have enough haters from those who think we have an attitude, too strong, to this, to that, so please let's examine our behavior... and I'm not speaking about those who have an opinion because we are all entitled to one, but if you are just being outright mean or hating just know that someone may be hating on you.

girl as i prepare for a non-membership renewal:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

thank u for reminding me why:yep::yep::grin:

thanks for stating

as stated by others. she used too much prod. i love the thickness of the hair and i dont think her hemline is bad at all. i would like to see her edges come in but if that's truly genetic, there's nothing that can be done (like me trying to get more density).

i've only watched a total of maybe 3 of her videos including this one and the one where she took her blown hair out of braids and was screaming for hubby to come see.

i think i saw one other video that i really cant remember what it was about.

so i have no hate or love for her. i just enjoy watching all the hoopla here :D

Hmm, so you don't think if she went to a professional she wouldn't have shiny, bouncy hair? :perplexed She has a head full of healthy hair. I've seen far worse go in and come out looking brand new.

she would..... and it would start bouncing right off over time & continued Dominican FRY .......i mean Salon visits

Not according to the lhcf gospel.

If it ain't silky straight, it ain't worth jack. So boo to her, her waistlength hair and retaining skills.

sooooooo..... question??? if my HEALTHY HAIR recoils to MBL but is full waistlength when stretched am i MBL or am i Waistlength?

i don't understand... as long as I'm not doing the gangsta lean, chin up or chin down... leaning to the left or right or simulating a back bend or split

would my hair be WAISTLENGTH if stretched to such??:look: :yawn: :look::yawn: :look: :yawn: :look:

awwwwwwwww neva mind..... heyellllll I haven't really seen my waist in a while anyway

off to buy P90X after staring at this chic's arms

sooooooo..... question??? if my HEALTHY HAIR recoils to MBL but is full waistlength when stretched am i MBL or am i Waistlength?

i don't understand... as long as I'm not doing the gangsta lean, chin up or chin down... leaning to the left or right or simulating a back bend or split

would my hair be WAISTLENGTH if stretched to such??:look: :yawn: :look::yawn: :look: :yawn: :look:

awwwwwwwww neva mind..... heyellllll I haven't really seen my waist in a while anyway

off to buy P90X after staring at this chic's arms

"doing the gansta lean, chin up or chin down".......You are a comedian!!!!! LMBO!!!!! Love your threads!

As I have said before, Im a bit turned off by her personality but that doesnt take away from the fact that she did an awesome job at retaining length. Her hair has come a long way and im happy for her.

Great Job!!

"doing the gansta lean, chin up or chin down".......You are a comedian!!!!! LMBO!!!!! Love your threads!

girl I"m actually SERIOUSLY wondering?????

SO DO I have to be able to TUCK and ROLL my hair into my drawz to be able to claim waistlength??? I won't be able to post soon so I need answers:yep::yep::look::grin:

I think she may have used a little too much product, but it looks fine. I think the shots of her blown out hair with texture (looked like loose braids taken out) suits her more.

I'm not debating your personal opinion of her hair. I happen to disagree, but that's fine. I'm debating your implication that her hair is dry and stiff because there is something wrong with her hair, that something else is going on besides improper technique and/or product.

If it is not one of those two things that caused her hair to turn out as bad as you think it did, I'm curious to know what you think her problem is...

Sigh.........when/where did I say that her hair was dry and stiff because "something is wrong with her hair"????? Something like what? I never said her hair was unhealthy or damaged or anything like that at all.

You're so busy being defensive that I don't think you even read what I wrote. I said that she probably used a sticky product or waited too long between blowdrying and flat-ironing. Since you clearly didn't read my original post, I re-quoted it below:

Her hair looked stiff and dry as a board. Maybe she waited too long between blowdrying and flatironing. Or maybe she tried to use her leave-in (too sticky) before blowdrying. I don't think it's fair to compare her hair to Mwdezi's since Mwedezi had hair straightened by a professional.

Overall, nice length, but I'd rather have shorter, bouncy, shiny hair than long, dull hair.

ETA...and the rest of my posts in this thread (in none of which did I say there was anything wrong with her hair besides it looking stiff and dry.)

If you say so...:look:

The way some of y'all act, you would think ole girl was splitting her paycheck with you.

Last edited:
girl I"m actually SERIOUSLY wondering?????

SO DO I have to be able to TUCK and ROLL my hair into my drawz to be able to claim waistlength??? I won't be able to post soon so I need answers:yep::yep::look::grin:

I am crying laughing....DH thinks I have lost my mind! He already thinks I am too obsessed with this hair stuff, calls it my hair voo doo ha ha ha. Hopefully you will get an answer to your question soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back