IT'S HERE AT LAST!!!!!!! KIMMAY'S FLAT IRON VID!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her hair looks good!
It's a bit sticky-looking and she could use some flat ironing lessons, but the length and thickness is pretty.

I still think she stank as hell though.

kb9clt.jpg

It's ok, but Mwezdi's was betta

Last edited:
Oh, no maam. Besides Macherie is relaxed. But I can get it pretty straight without using a blow dryer and flat iron. And no, it doesn't cause your hair to revert. My avatar is a silk wrap

i gotta try that one day then... please let a sista know if u ever make a silk wrap video
never forget to smize

her hair looks dull and dry to me like she flat ironed on dirty hair ..i know she didnt but to me the hair looks loaded with product IMO :ohwell:

but congrats to her on retaining

her hair looks dull and dry to me like she flat ironed on dirty hair ..i know she didnt but to me the hair looks loaded with product IMO :ohwell:

but congrats to her on retaining

i'm kinda thinking she just used shea butter or something... looks nice
don't know what i will use one day... probably chi or some wrap lotion & spray like tressemme

who knows... i won't be using heat for a few years anyway

Last edited:
She did mention (in the information section) that she has no desire to trim her hair because she does not and will not be wearing her hair flat ironed; she wears her hair kinky/curly 99.9% of the time so trimming it is pointless. I am proud that she reached her goal, her and people who have done the same are certainly inspiring. As far as the "build up and/or hype" ...I think people are the ones who created that, nobody said you had to get excited and anxious about the prospect of her flat-ironed head. I remember her mentioning it but I honestly didn't care either way, I think her natural curly fits her better. A obvious dislike for her (though I don't understand it) makes people nitpick and create unreal expectations. I watch hair videos purely for informational reasons and for the life of me couldn't understand why people had so much animosity toward her. It also helps to stay out the comment section in youtude videos, women can be catty and drama filled. Anyways, good job to her!

Last edited:
Great retention. She is very good at what she does in building anticipation!

I found it all rather amusing! :lol:

I have pics...brb lol

eta...nvm lol her legal team might come get me :sekret:

but umm good for her...she has length I dont think she is WL lol it seems like WL is the new MBL around here soo i'm soo confused on what WL is...

Last edited:
I'll be back!

ETA: Sigh... Disappointing. I didn't like her hair at all. It looked stiff. Great thickness but she also needs a trim. I guess what made me dislike it was that we all waited just for... that. :ohwell:

Last edited:
I have pics...brb lol

eta...nvm lol her legal team might come get me :sekret:

but umm good for her...she has length I dont think she is WL lol it seems like WL is the new MBL around here soo i'm soo confused on what WL is...
To me she's full MBL, it will take another 2 inches for WSL.
If she's WSL then I'm claiming MBL.
Heck even Mwedzi claims MBL but her hair looks even longer than kimmytube.

Last edited:
I have no idea why people were so adamant that she flat iron her hair. I honestly think it looks better in its natural curly state or blow dried. It just suits her.

She did mention (in the information section) that she has no desire to trim her hair because she does not and will not be wearing her hair flat ironed; she wears her hair kinky/curly 99.9% of the time so trimming it is pointless. I am proud that she reached her goal, her and people who have done the same are certainly inspiring. As far as the "build up and/or hype" ...I think people are the ones who created that, nobody said you had to get excited and anxious about the prospect of her flat-ironed head. I remember her mentioning it but I honestly didn't care either way, I think her natural curly fits her better. A obvious dislike for her (though I don't understand it) makes people nitpick and create unreal expectations. I watch hair videos purely for informational reasons and for the life of me couldn't understand why people had so much animosity toward her. It also helps to stay out the comment section in youtude videos, women can be catty and drama filled. Anyways, good job to her!

I (still) don't have a thanks button on this app so I had to post a huge thank you for what you said.
It's far from being a silky flat iron and yes it looks stiff but all I care about is the length that she managed to retain. That alone makes that black woman worth subbing to.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

It looks ok.. but it takes PRACTICE to do a good flat iron. With a good trim and some curls it'll be nice..also it looked like it was already reverting..Maybe she ironed on a low temp

I think her hair looks beautiful!! I liked the ponytail style with the braid in the front.

For those of you who said it was stiff, it's hard to get "swang" if you flatiron yourself. My hair is very coarse and unless I go to the salon, which I don't, it's not going to look perfect. I'm sure she'll hit tailbone next Jan since she's already waist length. Had she used a rollerset I think it would have came out even nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'm not up on Kimmay...lol Is she a member here? The pics/vids are inspiring.. good job! but does anyone know that jazz she's playing in the background? It literally puts my agitated infant in a trance!!! I've played that video like 5 times and he hasn't made a peep! Minute it goes off he's crying.. I need this song in my life. Thanks!

Finally!!!! Although she did say she uploads usually on Fridays/Sundays.

It's alright. I still love the great job she has done growing out her hair. Her progress is amazing but the flat iron vid pt 1....meh! A little disappointing...not movie quality like the rest of her vids. but love that healthy head of hair!!! :) jmho

ETA: when flat ironing, you have to use the right products/iron and iron small sections at a time. it can be a task if you have the time and patience.

can someone pm me on what happened in our other kimmay thread....i had a dream it was locked and sure enough I woke up to a locked thread...is this done on purpose?

Last edited:
lol aww@ the two pigtails. they were cute, she looked so happy! go her. i'm glad she continues to brush the haters off cause after reading some of these posts... smh

Her hair looked stiff and dry as a board. Maybe she waited too long between blowdrying and flatironing. Or maybe she tried to use her leave-in (too sticky) before blowdrying. I don't think it's fair to compare her hair to Mwdezi's since Mwedezi had hair straightened by a professional.

Overall, nice length, but I'd rather have shorter, bouncy, shiny hair than long, dull hair.

Here hair is nice and long and super thick lookin!!!.

Maybe it was the products or technique she used that made it look "sticky" to some, it was a little clumped, maybe she just used some heavy products?

She looks SOOOOOOO happy about her hair!!

Personally I like to get my strands super duper straight when I flat iron, but maybe she likes a more textured look?

Side eye to alla the negative commenters because i've seen worse flat iron results posted in our forums and only good comments were left for those. :grin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back