I knew He Was Broke when....

-When I shared with him my story (which I thought was funny btw) of how the unemployment officer tried to get me apply for a job stacking tires for $4.25 per hour and he hollered out, "Shhhheeat...$4.25 per hour?! I'll take it!" with glee in his eyes.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

When he borrowed gas money from his daughter.

Just trifling, I can't even laugh at this.

When we pulled in the drive thru and I asked him what he wanted and he replied "just give me mine in cash".

When I sent him to the store for diapers and he came back with two single diapers that he borrowed from his sister.

I knew his cash flow was short when:

Fool #2: While at the movies, he said he was hungry and was going to get something to eat. He came back with a sample size container of popcorn in some little paper cup. I didn't even know theaters did that. I can only imagine what he said to get it.

:eek: :dead:

......when he called me one night, I looked at the caller ID...noticed the last name, but the firs name was different from his....I said who is Darius...dis bama had da nerve to tell me it was his son!! and Darius is like 3 years old:wallbash:

Again this is just trifling and I can't even laugh. I hate folks like that. :wallbash:

.....we were on the phone talking and all of a sudden we were interrupted by an automated voice that said.."your balance is low...re-up your pre-paid minutes by calling virgin mobile from your touch tone phone or......" I just hung up:ohwell:

....he went back and stole the tip money off the table...

...i was at the mall one day, and I saw dude pulling his rims out of the back of his truck and rolling them into the pawnshop. i never mentioned that I saw him....a few days later, he told me they were stolen:perplexed...

:lachen::lachen:

he asks if im hungry, I say yes, then this foo pulls a DOUBLE CHEESBURGER out of his POCKET!!!!!!!! wth?!

:dead: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: I refuse to believe... I just refuse to to believe it lol

...he told me he was broke
...he asked me to pay when we went out for dinner b/c he didn't have enough money

When he called to tell me that the sheriff had put his worldly belongings on the sidewalk.

When he showed me his lovely abode and it was his momma's basement.

-When I shared with him my story (which I thought was funny btw) of how the unemployment officer tried to get me apply for a job stacking tires for $4.25 per hour and he hollered out, "Shhhheeat...$4.25 per hour?! I'll take it!" with glee in his eyes.

$4.25/hour? Is that LEGAL???? :nono:

When he begged me for weeks to have lunch with him and when I finally said yes he took me to Taco Bell. WTF. This was a 40 year old man. I don't know if he was broke but he was definitely CHEAP.

$4.25/hour? Is that LEGAL???? :nono:

This was back in '91 when minimum wages were $4.25/hr (I believe).

He thought that was an opportunity of a lifetime and I was a fool to not apply for the job.

Every tingly sensation that I had for him beforehand flatlined after his reaction. I knew then that we were on totally different train tracks.

Why does it seems like all the broke guys, just aren't that into you. Is it because if he's into you, he'll try to make sure you don't know he's broke?

sorry, I tried to make this short

...when he invited me over to his place and asked me if I wanted a drink. We had to drive to his friends house to get the Seagrams Gin he had left there the night before. Unbeknowst to me his friends house was across state lines which was about 30 - 40 minutes away.

He picked up the bottle which only had about 3 swallows in it and we head back to his place. Before we got back to his place he asked me if I wanted something to mix with it...(uhm, yeah?!) because he didn't have anything at home. (suprise, surprise)

So, we stopped at a convience store and he looks over at me and says, "um...uh...I was gonna buy a cheeseburger at Micky D's and I only have $2.00...so...". So I look over at him and gave him the Ninja Please look. I jumped out of the car and go into the store and that ninja is right on my heels. I bought the smallest orange juice I could find (the individual size) and went back to his place and drunk his ish up.

3 hours of my life for 1 drink. :nono:

Last edited:
I'm bumping this because the input is just so hilarious and I need a laugh between bridal gown fittings today. These Valentine brides(Mothers) are getting on my nerves!

:eek: :lachen::lachen:

:thud:

......when he called me one night, I looked at the caller ID...noticed the last name, but the firs name was different from his....I said who is Darius...dis bama had da nerve to tell me it was his son!! and Darius is like 3 years old:wallbash:

.....we were on the phone talking and all of a sudden we were interrupted by an automated voice that said.."your balance is low...re-up your pre-paid minutes by calling virgin mobile from your touch tone phone or......" I just hung up:ohwell:

....he went back and stole the tip money off the table...

.....it was around the first of the month and he said he was waiting on the mailman because "someone" owed him some money....

...i was at the mall one day, and I saw dude pulling his rims out of the back of his truck and rolling them into the pawnshop. i never mentioned that I saw him....a few days later, he told me they were stolen:perplexed...

...this guy in front of me at the corner store pulled out a ziplock bag full of changed to buy a pack of cigarettes:wallbash:

When he saw my apartment and marveled at how many folks I should be able to fit in the space. It's a one bedroom with a den.

When we went to the movies. He went up to the window and said "Two for blah blah movie" then stepped back and out of the way when they said the price.

When I caught him snooping through my purse, talking bout he's looking for hand lotion. Since when does hand lotion reside in a wallet?

when i was on unemployment and making more than he was. He was 21 and a sacker at Sunfresh
the reason for the majority of his calls were for a ride somewhere

Different dude:
He was tryna holla at me while walkin down the street and was like "Ay aint you the girl who drive that tan ford focus? Whassup wit u!"

- He took me to the PX citing "this is my favorite place to eat" yes, for a date:rolleyes:
- He told me "could you call me back, this is my daytime minutes" on our FIRST phone conversation. I never called back.
- He had a throw away cell phone
- He didn't have a credit card/bank account

I knew he was broke when..

-When he couldnt afford to get a motel room in between apartments and had to live out of his car.

-He asked me how i felt about bootleg movies..:rolleyes:

-He put a $50 cap on what he could spend on me at the mall because he dont get paid til friday.

-He actually told me up front that he just paid his child support and bills for the month and only had $800 to his name...PERIOD.

-I knew he was cheap when i visited his apartment and he was sleeping on an air mattress, didnt own a microwave, and instead of hand soap, he would collect all his soap chips from the shower and mush them together..thats your hand soap.

-Knew he was cheap whenever i went over to his place and had to plug up all the appliances before using them.

-When he couldnt afford to get a motel room in between apartments and had to live out of his car.

-He put a $50 cap on what he could spend on me at the mall because he dont get paid til friday.

-He actually told me up front that he just paid his child support and bills for the month and only had $800 to his name...PERIOD.

-I knew he was cheap when i visited his apartment and he was sleeping on an air mattress, didnt own a microwave, and instead of hand soap, he would collect all his soap chips from the shower and mush them together..thats your hand soap.

-Knew he was cheap whenever i went over to his place and had to plug up all the appliances before using them.

:eek::eek::eek: :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I just remembered one. This wasn't a date, more like a FB. He called me with some sob story about how he hadn't gotten paid in weeks and didn't know where he would get money from...blah, blah, blah.

I cut the conversation short with, "Good luck with that. Let me let you go, I have company."

:nono::nono::nono::nono:

These were all from the same jerk. He started off being super sweet but then he showed himself to be a real loser. Most of thse incidents all took place, during 1 weekend when I flew down to see him. Some of the longest 2 days of my life. Of course I dumped his sorry a$$ after that weekend.

When he called Domino's to order the 5-5-5 deal and he actually asked the lady "Is it exactly $5 or is there extra fees?"

When he took me to Ihop and the diner and was acting like he really took me some place nice.

When he asked me for gas money to come see me.

When he ran out of toilet paper and told me to use paper towels instead of going to the store to get some more.

When he bought brand name waffels instead of the Walmart brand and genuienely UPSET that he wasted $2.

When he took me to an ATM and asked me to take out $ to help him with his rent.

And can you believe he still has the nerve to try to contact me?

Last edited:
Insisted that we should walk around the mall or in the park for our first date :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back