I knew He Was Broke when....

I knew he was broke when he got arrested for a warrant for not paying child support and I loaned his Mama $200 and drove her to the credit union to get the rest of the money from her SAVINGS ACCOUNT to get him out. Then he asked to borrow $100 from me so he could buy some bud to "flip it" to pay me back with.

...when we went to the matinee and he couldn't afford the .50 cent price increase in the previously 5 dollar ticket. He was short 1 dollar...
...when we went to this cheap Thai restaurant and he left a 2 dollar tip on a 50+ bill AFTER I had given him like 25 bucks to contribute to the meal...
...when he cooked me dinner cuz he gave his psuedo-ex-gf money for her new apt, and tried to play it off like he was helping a friend...

Thank goodness I cut off each and everyone of those busters.

...when we went to the matinee and he couldn't afford the .50 cent price increase in the previously 5 dollar ticket. He was short 1 dollar...
...when we went to this cheap Thai restaurant and he left a 2 dollar tip on a 50+ bill AFTER I had given him like 25 bucks to contribute to the meal...

Thank goodness I cut off each and everyone of those busters.

:lol::lol::lol:

When he asked to borrow 10g's to make his payroll, but was online the same night telling some chick "I know you got a bill I can pay".

When he borrowed gas money from his daughter.

When we pulled in the drive thru and I asked him what he wanted and he replied "just give me mine in cash".

When I sent him to the store for diapers and he came back with two single diapers that he borrowed from his sister.

When he asked to borrow 10g's to make his payroll, but was online the same night telling some chick "I know you got a bill I can pay".

When we pulled in the drive thru and I asked him what he wanted and he replied "just give me mine in cash".

When I sent him to the store for diapers and he came back with two single diapers that he borrowed from his sister.

:giggle: Should have made him walk home.

...when I super sized my McDonald's value meal he gave me a speech as to why I didn't need to do that. Since we were eating there I could have all the drink I wanted from a medium sized cup.

When I explained I did it for more fries he raised an eyebrow and told me to drink more soda to get full.

... When he approached me at the mall, gave me his number and told me to call after 6 :ohwell:

... When he approached me at the mall.. found out where I was from and asked me to buy him a pair of shoes (true story) :spinning:

... hm, can't think of anymore.. I'll be back if something comes up

When we got ready to leave the movies I mentioned I was hungry(bc I met him right after work) and he told me he had already ate.

Once again when he couldn't afford my dang chai tea at Starbucks. I was so embarrassed. I had walked off an everything. Thinking he was gonna have it. You should have seen how those people looked at him AND me when I had to come back up there and chip in.

When we were suppose to go to the movies, but instead he shows up at my black with some fuzzy looking bootlegs.

Those were the only brokies I've dated.

I knew his cash flow was short when:

Fool #1: He told me he only puts $5 worth of gas in his car each time he needs to go to the gas station. He said he couldn't stand to put a whole $30 in at once. Not only is this illogical, but clued me in that he wouldn't do too much unnecessary driving. I'm not trying to make it a habit of dating out of his residence.

Fool #2: While at the movies, he said he was hungry and was going to get something to eat. He came back with a sample size container of popcorn in some little paper cup. I didn't even know theaters did that. I can only imagine what he said to get it.

Fool #3: He bragged about not liking to waste money on buying clothes. I was like okay, most guys aren't into that sort of thing. Well, he felt the need to verify what he told me.
He shows me his closet, and I'll be damned if he didn't have all his clothes (winter, fall, spring, summer) in one closet (not a walk-in, but a regular sized apartment closet) that wasn't even full.

I knew he was broke when he said he won $12,000 from the lottery last August and that "it was a blessing." When I asked him what he did with it he said he blew it on gambling, but "yeah, that was a blessing."

I knew he was broke when he said he couldn't afford to buy me a single rose.

I knew he was broke when he said he worked overtime but blew his paycheck on clothes and still had items on layaway.

......when he called me one night, I looked at the caller ID...noticed the last name, but the firs name was different from his....I said who is Darius...dis bama had da nerve to tell me it was his son!! and Darius is like 3 years old:wallbash:

.....we were on the phone talking and all of a sudden we were interrupted by an automated voice that said.."your balance is low...re-up your pre-paid minutes by calling virgin mobile from your touch tone phone or......" I just hung up:ohwell:

....he went back and stole the tip money off the table...

.....it was around the first of the month and he said he was waiting on the mailman because "someone" owed him some money....

...i was at the mall one day, and I saw dude pulling his rims out of the back of his truck and rolling them into the pawnshop. i never mentioned that I saw him....a few days later, he told me they were stolen:perplexed...

...this guy in front of me at the corner store pulled out a ziplock bag full of changed to buy a pack of cigarettes:wallbash:

lol@him coming home with two diapers :rofl::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I knew he was broke when:

He bragged about the $5 he saved by parking five blocks away from our destination. I had on heels so I was pissed.

I went into his room to change clothes and couldn't find the light. When I asked him where the light was he came in the room and turned on the closet light. Okaaaay.....

His 40 year old a** told me how he told his roommate he had to find somewhere else to stay for the night.

We went to his car and he had me open the door from the passenger side because his door handle was broke and when he rolled the windows all the way down while we were on the freeway because he didn't have air. He didn't have a radio either. His story was he didn't like to waste his money on material things, because he believed in investing his money in property. This is the same man who had a roommate to make the mortgage.

When I heard a loud buzzer sound in the background. I asked him where he was, he said oh I am the laundromat.

Last edited:
......when he called me one night, I looked at the caller ID...noticed the last name, but the firs name was different from his....I said who is Darius...dis bama had da nerve to tell me it was his son!! and Darius is like 3 years old:wallbash:

.....we were on the phone talking and all of a sudden we were interrupted by an automated voice that said.."your balance is low...re-up your pre-paid minutes by calling virgin mobile from your touch tone phone or......" I just hung up:ohwell:

.....it was around the first of the month and he said he was waiting on the mailman because "someone" owed him some money....

...i was at the mall one day, and I saw dude pulling his rims out of the back of his truck and rolling them into the pawnshop. i never mentioned that I saw him....a few days later, he told me they were stolen:perplexed...

...this guy in front of me at the corner store pulled out a ziplock bag full of changed to buy a pack of cigarettes:wallbash:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

When he saw my apartment and marveled at how many folks I should be able to fit in the space. It's a one bedroom with a den.

When we went to the movies. He went up to the window and said "Two for blah blah movie" then stepped back and out of the way when they said the price.

When I caught him snooping through my purse, talking bout he's looking for hand lotion. Since when does hand lotion reside in a wallet?

- When I asked him if he wanted to stop and get something to eat a burger king and he replied "Can you pay mine too".......ummm ..no.

- When he talking about how his uncle was a big time dealer and was going to hook him up with $1500 if he held something for him ....(hell. to. thee. naw.)

Same guy, 1st date with no subsequent dates thereafter

:lachen::lachen::lachen: out of control

omg, are you serious?!:lachen: "give me mine in cash"? two diapers? is this all the same dude?

When we got ready to leave the movies I mentioned I was hungry(bc I met him right after work) and he told me he had already ate.

Once again when he couldn't afford my dang chai tea at Starbucks. I was so embarrassed. I had walked off an everything. Thinking he was gonna have it. You should have seen how those people looked at him AND me when I had to come back up there and chip in.

omg, that is soo embarrassing. :blush:

When you go to the movies and when it's time to buy tickets he pulls out a checkbook only to "discover" that they don't take checks and then is like "I don't have any cash". So embarrassed I just hurried up and paid.

When he had had just enough gas to bring me to his place but not enough to take me back and I had to give him $5 "cuz his replacement atm card is gonna take a week to arrive". :rolleyes:

2 different dudes, 1 just that one date and 1 for the first half of last summer. shooo, i'm done.

he pulls up the gas station, looks at me and asks if i have any money to fill up HIS tank.

he asks if im hungry, I say yes, then this foo pulls a DOUBLE CHEESBURGER out of his POCKET!!!!!!!! wth?!

When I asked for popcorn at the movies and he squenched in face up something terrible and said "dang, aint we going to dinner after this?" :nono:

Back