i hate online dating

Can you recomend a good matchmaker? I signed up for that tough love (VH1) since they are in Philly, but they never responded. I have realized that if I want to be in a happy relationship, I have to do more than I've done before (which was nada).
Have you tried a dating coach and/or a matchmaker?

I have a profile on blackpeoplemeet and seem to get a lot of attention.

After reading a few people's profiles I saw that many either opted not to put anything, or wrote a book that basically complained about what all the people they'd met before onlilne did, which was a turn off to me. Like, "PLEASE NO FLIRTS, I LIKE HEALTHY WOMEN BUT PLEASE DON'T TELL ME YOUR BLAHBLAHBLAHBLABH .." you get the idea. Or it would be full of errors.

I decided to write one sentence or two in the section for me and the section for the mate I am looking for.

I wonder if that may help? I think when you leave it breezy and simple they interest is piqued.

I put up a profile on plentyoffish a couple weeks ago. I didn't have a picture at first, but I was contacted by only white guys. Once I put up a pic, that's when I started getting responses from the black dudes. Unatrractive, thugged out, and fluent in Ebonics. The white guys are no better. I just want to give up but I promised myself I'd hang in there until December or January. I have a white co-worker who's on pof and she's having more success. The men who contact her are professionals (lawyers, physicians, professors, etc).

Why are you dating online? That's for people like me, divorced, with kid, newish in town, demanding work schedule... The best way to meet guys is to go out and live/enjoy your life offline. But if you must be online stop joining free sites full of cheap men looking for cheap thrills. I've met great men on eharmony, match.com and a meetup group for single parents. And I started dating a fabulous guy I met on an easter egg hunt with all the kids in tow. Great guys are out there, just stop looking and you'll be ok.

Why are you dating online? That's for people like me, divorced, with kid, newish in town, demanding work schedule... The best way to meet guys is to go out and live/enjoy your life offline. But if you must be online stop joining free sites full of cheap men looking for cheap thrills. I've met great men on eharmony, match.com and a meetup group for single parents. And I started dating a fabulous guy I met on an easter egg hunt with all the kids in tow. Great guys are out there, just stop looking and you'll be ok.

I agree... I dabbled in online dating, met some amazing guys... (only white guys though??!) But it wasn't for me :nono:

..18 months ago I noticed a guy on my commute and struck up the guts to ask him for a drink...we have been semi-attached at the hip ever since:infatuated:

Knowing my sweetie...as technology declined as he is (ex:29 and still uses a checkbook for bills) I would have NEVER met him and all his amazing online... Has all of his teeth, Bachelors degree...Mom and Dad love him but I think they just were geeked he was Black...lol

I get panicked sometimes like if i had stayed online like "oh wheres my catch"...we wouldn't be together!! eek!

Summing my rambling...There are plenty of amazing, single, handsome men... not online...and you CAN make the first move... Actually guys prefer it, my SO was in week 3 of pumping himself up to approach me... if i had not...I'd be single still! Lol...

*hugs* and best wishes!!!

I put up a profile on plentyoffish a couple weeks ago. I didn't have a picture at first, but I was contacted by only white guys. Once I put up a pic, that's when I started getting responses from the black dudes. Unatrractive, thugged out, and fluent in Ebonics. The white guys are no better. I just want to give up but I promised myself I'd hang in there until December or January. I have a white co-worker who's on pof and she's having more success. The men who contact her are professionals (lawyers, physicians, professors, etc).

yeah.... i get emails from guys of all races. mostly white. the black ones are usually thugs or old or strange... or all of the above.

my friend is on OKcupid(and white) and she got an email from a match who is a doctor. i think the reason she gets more responses is because she's cute and she's white... she says she got 15 emails the first day she used it. i'm lucky if i get 1-3 emails. this is why i'd like to cut it out entirely. online dating is very superficial and i've never had a serious relationship come from a match.com type of site.

I agree... I dabbled in online dating, met some amazing guys... (only white guys though??!) But it wasn't for me :nono:

..18 months ago I noticed a guy on my commute and struck up the guts to ask him for a drink...we have been semi-attached at the hip ever since:infatuated:

Knowing my sweetie...as technology declined as he is (ex:29 and still uses a checkbook for bills) I would have NEVER met him and all his amazing online... Has all of his teeth, Bachelors degree...Mom and Dad love him but I think they just were geeked he was Black...lol

I get panicked sometimes like if i had stayed online like "oh wheres my catch"...we wouldn't be together!! eek!

Summing my rambling...There are plenty of amazing, single, handsome men... not online...and you CAN make the first move... Actually guys prefer it, my SO was in week 3 of pumping himself up to approach me... if i had not...I'd be single still! Lol...

*hugs* and best wishes!!!

love that. i hope something like this happens to me some day. internet blows....

i feel you. i put up a profile on OkStupid not too long ago and i've gotten nothing but duds. half of the messages i can't even decipher because the grammar is so horrible. i even had to ask a guy if english was his first language. i may have given him a pass if it wasn't. :nono:

lmao @ OkStupid. So perfectly fitting.

i wonder what's up with the bad grammar? i had a guy write me an email using Us and 2s in place of real words and then he writes these articulate essays on the government. short form is not attractive!

lol, Im thinking of making a blog about the weirdos that hit me up online. I was reading OkStupid | Date Wrecks: The Bottom Of The Online Dating Barrel | Online Dating Horror Stories | My Worst Date | Dating Ads | OkCupid | Match.com | EHarmony | POF | Plenty of Fish | Craigslist | Personals | Bad Emails | Scary Dick Pictures | Snarky | and decided to make a joke profile and put up a pic with my face not being too clear.

Interestingly enough I got A lot of responses off that joke profile. It seems guys respond to my sense of humor I suppose though I've gotten some weird ones and the ones who seem halfway interesting arent cute to me. Im about to delete it though because one can only answer "What do you do for fun?" but so many times before it just gets boring.

I created a profile on speeddate.com years ago on a whim and totally forgot about it...... I randomly logged back on the other day and I get alot of interest instantly (like to the point that I have to log off because its too much) but I think most of the people on there are all about sex. Then again I have an issue with men being way too sexually aggressive with me IRL as well:ohwell: I have no problem attracting guys....but they wanna jump on top of me from day 1:perplexed and I date men from all various nationalities. I think I'm seriously gonna start a thread on this asking for some pointers and honest advice on if I'm sending the wrong message with my dresses (no I would not wear a dress like my siggy dress on a first date:lol:).

Last edited:
BMP, I saw one of the pics you posted where you wearing this sexy *** dress (but still covered up) on the subway and you said men kept hitting on you. I'm like duh! :lachen:

idk what you girls are complaining about. theres plenty of decent guys online, and plenty that exclusively dates blk women. dont believe me? look at this gem of a man that i found on CL. im gonna write him and snatch him up before anyone else gets to him. wish we luck ladies!! :grin:

Want a black woman ONLY

I posted here before and it might have been rude. So here I go again. I want a black preferably darker black woman. I noticed the dark black ones are solidly put together and can take hours and hours of banging til the late hours. I would like to take you out for a Mick Dee's lunch date for a couple of them McRib sandwiches. I know some of you readers are wondering why McDonalds? I'll tell you why. Black chicks love Mickey Dee's and now that Mcrib is back, you gonna see droves of black babes in there to eat that McRib sandwich. Then after the McRib, maybe out to the movies if we like each other. Please don't bring any children. If you do, then I will just sit there and eat alone in front of you and your kids. SO BE BLACK OR DARK BLACK ONLY SEND ME A PIC OF YOUR FACE AND BODY. NO INVITATIONS TO THEM STUPID DATING SITES. And please no cracker, spic,slank-eyed chink or a-rab b*tches. BLACK WOMAN ONLY. Thanks for reading.

Peace out, my n*ggas.

idk what you girls are complaining about. theres plenty of decent guys online, and plenty that exclusively dates blk women. dont believe me? look at this gem of a man that i found on CL. im gonna write him and snatch him up before anyone else gets to him. wish we luck ladies!! :grin:

Want a black woman ONLY

I posted here before and it might have been rude. So here I go again. I want a black preferably darker black woman. I noticed the dark black ones are solidly put together and can take hours and hours of banging til the late hours. I would like to take you out for a Mick Dee's lunch date for a couple of them McRib sandwiches. I know some of you readers are wondering why McDonalds? I'll tell you why. Black chicks love Mickey Dee's and now that Mcrib is back, you gonna see droves of black babes in there to eat that McRib sandwich. Then after the McRib, maybe out to the movies if we like each other. Please don't bring any children. If you do, then I will just sit there and eat alone in front of you and your kids. SO BE BLACK OR DARK BLACK ONLY SEND ME A PIC OF YOUR FACE AND BODY. NO INVITATIONS TO THEM STUPID DATING SITES. And please no cracker, spic,slank-eyed chink or a-rab b*tches. BLACK WOMAN ONLY. Thanks for reading.

Peace out, my n*ggas.
LMAO !!! :lachen::lachen::rofl::rofl::dighole:
That is for real :lol::lol::lol:

It sucks you are not having much luck with it. Are you getting out to meet people IRL too? Sometimes when we concentrate our efforts in only one area and things are not working out how we would like it can cause a lot of dissatisfaction. Online dating is only a really small percentage of how I am meeting people. Your 29 so don't give up yet. Try dating at 35 it really sucks lol.

Well ladies, try it at 51!!! I have not been at it (in earnest) long, but I do see where I'll have to watch adopting some of the attitudes I am reading here. I get and see that the sisters are ttyyyyrred, LOL. You know, maybe we should, first of all, quit reading stats. Seriously, they are grim and depressing and NOT helping us get what we want, right? I mean, hey, my thought is: I only need "1" man/husband, ONE. That's it. I am told there are 4 million folk out of work, I have had three jobs in the past 11 months!!!! If I listened and BELIEVED stats, humph, I'd be sitting somewhere with my head tucked. No, their stats are not our stats ladies. So, let's pull up our big girl panties and get on with the BUSINESS of allowing God to bring us to our MAN from whatever source, IRL, CYBER, whatevuh.

Anybody down for dat?

Juicy girl, I'm trying to figure your exact flow on this one, honey. Are ya for it or no? It seems you are for those that fit the bill in sentence 1. Did I get it right?
lol.gif
The reason I ask is because I am seriously considering adding it to my repertoire. I've been purposely dragging my feet about it. . . basically working to become a better me. You see, I fit the bill in your first sentence. The main thing about that description is that I am new in town and have not a friend, support system here. Yet, I've still claimed marriage within 400 days, but that's another subject, another thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/relationships/508766-im-going-get-married-thread.html .

IThe white guys are no better. I just want to give up but I promised myself I'd hang in there until December or January. I have a white co-worker who's on pof and she's having more success. The men who contact her are professionals (lawyers, physicians, professors, etc).

I'd like to know . . . these days IS THERE A SITE FOR FOLK SPECIFICALLY INTERESTED IN DATING INTERRACIALLY? That way everybody know what's up with everybody.

Yearrss ago, before it was extremely popular and before java, LOL, I started a site: "Ebony and Ivory Together: A Site Dedicated to Women of Color Interested in Interracial Relationships" and oh my god you would NOT believe how successful it was even in it's crude state. There has GOT to be something similar, on the up-and-up today. Right??? :blush:

BMP, I saw one of the pics you posted where you wearing this sexy *** dress (but still covered up) on the subway and you said men kept hitting on you. I'm like duh! :lachen:
:lachen::rofl: I was lounge-hopping on a girls night out in that dress!!:lol: it wasn't a first date dress. The grey dress with the chains hanging down was what I wore on a recent first date......which prolly wasn't the best idea:look: I was dressing a little too va-va-voom on first dates......my cousin said the same thing to me so now on my latest first date I wore these really cute skinny jeans, a tunic top, a long jacket and booties and I had less of an issue with sexual aggressiveness from the guy:yep:

Although men are still really forward with me, even when I'm fully covered up, I think my brother said its a vibe I give off, I'm beginning to think I'm a little too approachable:ohwell: Sometimes its flattering, other times its uncomfortable.....I'll find the balance one of these days...

I'm not really taking this online dating thing seriously right now but now after reading the comedy in this thread I wanna start accounts just so I can have jokes:lol:

Last edited:
Juicy girl, I'm trying to figure your exact flow on this one, honey. Are ya for it or no? It seems you are for those that fit the bill in sentence 1. Did I get it right?
lol.gif
The reason I ask is because I am seriously considering adding it to my repertoire. I've been purposely dragging my feet about it. . . basically working to become a better me. You see, I fit the bill in your first sentence. The main thing about that description is that I am new in town and have not a friend, support system here. Yet, I've still claimed marriage within 400 days, but that's another subject, another thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/relationships/508766-im-going-get-married-thread.html.

Hi LovinLocks, I'm for it, but I think offline works better for me. The online was a good way for me to get back in the swing of things after the divorce and it's also just another option since I don't have a lot of time to go out. Since most other single parents are in the same situation it just seems to work for me. None of the great guys I've met online have been Black, which is fine with me as I don't care about race, and I'm only interested in guys that are divorced.

Want a black woman ONLY

Peace out, my n*ggas.

BWAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Want a black woman ONLY

Peace out, my n*ggas.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

welps, i sure hope that was a joke. but craigslist is full of crazies.

Well ladies, try it at 51!!! I have not been at it (in earnest) long, but I do see where I'll have to watch adopting some of the attitudes I am reading here. I get and see that the sisters are ttyyyyrred, LOL. You know, maybe we should, first of all, quit reading stats. Seriously, they are grim and depressing and NOT helping us get what we want, right? I mean, hey, my thought is: I only need "1" man/husband, ONE. That's it. I am told there are 4 million folk out of work, I have had three jobs in the past 11 months!!!! If I listened and BELIEVED stats, humph, I'd be sitting somewhere with my head tucked. No, their stats are not our stats ladies. So, let's pull up our big girl panties and get on with the BUSINESS of allowing God to bring us to our MAN from whatever source, IRL, CYBER, whatevuh.

Anybody down for dat?

I'm down with you Lovin Locks.

I feel the same. Well, I got a surprise. I initially listed myself as other. Well, I started posting to the guys i thought were cute. Well, one had pics on his profile and he asked to show him mine. My response was :" Let's not waste eachother's time. I'm black... Nice talkin' to you! bye"

Well a few month s later, Mr sneeky appeared again sending me Instant messages. Mr. Sneeky took his pics off his profile. We started chatting and I remembered his user name. We talked and joked. He thought I forgot who he was. He then says:" In your profile it says you're black" I said yes I am. He then asked me if I was only looking for black men? He also said why no broaden my horizon since there are so many men in here. I might miss out. He also told me to not assume first, I should give doubt first. I was a bit stunned. We've become good friends. Not my type but he is a good person.

i don't know why i bother. first of all, okcupid released results of a survey saying i'm the least attractive of all women and therefore the least desirable.

so, because of that i don't list my race on these websites.

secondly, the only guys who write me are old creepers. i'm 29. i don't wanna hear from a 46 year old man from some town in new jersey i've never heard of who's wardrobe closely resembles that of my dad's.

so i decide, fine... i will write to the guys that i find interesting, attractive and within my age group.

those tards never write back! so why the F do i bother?

is there some magical recipe for having an alluring online profile?

i don't get it. i post close up pics, full length shots, smiling... i try to sound positive in my description without it being too long or too short. i don't list my salary. i don't list my zodiac sign. i don't have any crazy red flags.

it's already bad enough that i have not a single solitary dating prospect or even a CRUSH on any guy at all in real life...

am i supposed to settle and date some loser from the edge of brooklyn or some old guy or someone who doesn't have a high school education and can't spell out full words when they type???
:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

and don't tell me i'll meet someone. mr right probably died in 9/11 if he ever existed at all.

I feel the same. Well, I got a surprise. I initially listed myself as other. Well, I started posting to the guys i thought were cute. Well, one had pics on his profile and he asked to show him mine. My response was :" Let's not waste eachother's time. I'm black... Nice talkin' to you! bye"

sry maybe im slow but im not understanding y u said what you said when he asked for ur pic. n do you mind sharing y you listed urself as 'other' instead of blk

sry maybe im slow but im not understanding y u said what you said when he asked for ur pic. n do you mind sharing y you listed urself as 'other' instead of blk

Well, I put other since "N/A or I'll tell you later" was not a listed option. From my experience on that particular site, men would run away the minute they discover that I was black.

He caught me at the wrong time. I was discouraged and unhappy. I just decided to be doing the turning down instead of being turned down.

Well, I put other since "N/A or I'll tell you later" was not a listed option. From my experience on that particular site, men would run away the minute they discover that I was black.

He caught me at the wrong time. I was discouraged and unhappy. I just decided to be doing the turning down instead of being turned down.

oh i see, and this was on okcupid?

I am still on POF.

I changed my ethnicity to black from "other".

all i get now are emails from thugged out guys who can't spell or who write in all caps. who wear sports jerseys that are too big for them... and take shirtless pics in the bathroom mirror.

it's very aspirational of them to write me and think that i'd bother to write back but.... i'm out of their league, on another planet. might sound b*tchy but... i would never date that in 1,000 years. there has to be better. this is terrible.

im happy. ive been getting a ton of luck on pof lately. okcupid..not so much =/ im considering deleting my profile.

the thing w. pof is, the more you're on there, the more often your profile gets viewed, so the more msgs you get.

Back