ATEYA GOT SPONSORED BY MOTIONS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ifigured this thread would go down hill quickly...

i just dont get how she got a deal on hair care.. but then againit is motions.....

they left me with brittle hair

Does anyone know how a sponsorship works? sorry, I have no clue. She said it's for a year. I bet this will open the door for her to some many more companies. She is going to be real big time in a minute. I love it.

DISCLAIMER: I KNOW ATEYA HAS GOT A LOT OF LHCF HATERS.... I'M JUST SHARING THE FACT THAT SHE WENT BIG LEAGUE... THAT'S IT. REALLY NO NEED FOR NEGATIVE COMMENTS AND I KNOW ALOT OF YOU WON'T CARE... SO DONT WASTE YOUR TIME POSTING COMMENTS THAT DON'T MATTER TO YOU).

:lachen:@ your disclaimer. Smart move on Motions' part, since so many sistas that relax are willing to do/buy whatever she does/buys.

I think Ateeya is cool. I'm just confused - why is she still at shoulder length after two years???:look:

she's made it clear that she loves length so i don't get it. *kanyeshrug*

She lost a big chunk of it a few months back after a bad weave takedown. She made a vid about it.

It just doesn't.

Her hair is beautiful. She's beatuiful. She's got Motions. She's doing great.

All y'all haters can keep hating.

But it doesn't matter.

and this is why stuff gets heated and escalated. are u really serious with this..c'mon now:ohwell:
every1 gave her kudos..wth u come in with that for...

Did she change her background because of what some posters were saying on here?

I think so.
People were talking about how raggedy those 2 doors behind her looked and someone even went to the extend of talking about how her kitchen looked (when she does cooking tutorials) :nono:.

I wish such people would show pics of their homes.

I think Ateeya is cool. I'm just confused - why is she still at shoulder length after two years???:look:

She had setback when her hair became matted after taking down a weave. It's actually grown quite a bit since then

She lost a big chunk of it a few months back after a bad weave takedown. She made a vid about it.

She had setback when her hair became matted after taking down a weave. It's actually grown quite a bit since then

Yeah I know - I saw that vid - but it wasnt the ends of her hair that was affected....at the end of the day she just ended up cutting some random pieces in the middle....

so my question still remains.....with hair that pretty why is it still at shoulder length after all this time???

Losing a couple inches in the crown doesnt account for that.

I'm not even being mean - I am genuinely confused by her lack of growth considering all the pampering and protective styling she promotes.

From this vid:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...07/lyUmztQEPWA

to the original one posted in this thread (that is featured for Motions) - it doesnt look like 2 yrs of growth at all.

Maybe I'm the only one who finds this odd.

Last edited:
I noticed that too :( Those comments went a bit too far, IMO.

I think so.
People were talking about how raggedy those 2 doors behind her looked and someone even went to the extend of talking about how her kitchen looked (when she does cooking tutorials) :nono:.

I wish such people would show pics of their homes.

Ugh, sad face indeed. Her house is very clean and decent. Shes a real person not an episode of "cribs". I hope her feelings didn't get hurt, shes so lovely.

Ateyaa is my hero. She was the first "hair care" guru I found about a year ago, and she changed my (hair) life. From there I ended up here.

However... if she shows up on a "Celebrate Black History Month" Relaxer display, I'm going to have something to say! :)

Yeah I know - I saw that vid - but it wasnt the ends of her hair that was affected....at the end of the day she just ended up cutting some random pieces in the middle....

so my question still remains.....with hair that pretty why is it still at shoulder length after all this time???

I'm not even being mean - I am genuinely confused by her lack of growth considering all the pampering and protective styling she promotes.

From this vid:

to the original one posted in this thread (that is featured for Motions) - it doesnt look like 2 yrs of growth at all.

Naw, you're not. :look:

And her damaged area wasn't just her crown, it was the back of her head, too.

Her popularity has more to do with her personality than her hair practices, IMO. She's never struck me as someone I needed to emulate as far as my hair was concerned. However, she does seem like a nice young lady, so I wish her well.

From this vid:

She also used to do glue in weaves so that might have contributed. Ateya's videos where not really about hair growth in the first place. She was just sharing what she does to achieve bounce and shine. Why does it even matter about her hair growth? She recently started protective styling and using less heat.

Last edited:
It looks like to me that she has been taught the proper way from the Motions video. I think she did a good job and even addressed overlapping and the conditioning leave in treament which I am sure was a very important point Motions wanted to mention.

Surprisingly, her Motions relaxer tutorial is much much better than the one she did on her own last year :yep:. *Hopefully* she's learning.

baby steps.....

SHe definitely did a better job with this motions video. I see her hair getting some progress in the future.

Ha-ha :giggle:. I caught that, too. :wink2:

Me 3! LOL

Ateyaaa has had a few set backs. We actually started on practically the same length hair, After I BC'd and grew mine back, I found her video and thought it was so funny we had similar lengths loved the same products and relaxed the same October day! :)

When I first saw her on Youtube, I knew she would do "bigger" things. She has a great personality.

Ditto, she has such a vibrant personality.

It's wonderful to see a young sista's hard work paying off! This is a great experience for her and can lead to so many other media opportunities. I wish her much success and many blessings!

She also used to do glue in weaves so that might have contributed. Ateya's videos where not really about hair growth in the first place. She was just sharing what she does to achieve bounce and shine. Why does it even matter about her hair growth? She recently started protective styling and using less heat.

Ok...so let's be very clear - I didnt say it "mattered" I was simply asking a question about something I didn't understand. I'm still allowed to do that respectfully on this board non?

Thank you for your response to my question.

Naw, you're not. :look:

And her damaged area wasn't just her crown, it was the back of her head, too.

Her popularity has more to do with her personality than her hair practices, IMO. She's never struck me as someone I needed to emulate as far as my hair was concerned. However, she does seem like a nice young lady, so I wish her well.

I wish her well too. :yep: She seems like a really nice person. I was just hella perplexed. Let's hope her new practices get her the growth I'm sure she would love.

tiger-s.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back