ATEYA GOT SPONSORED BY MOTIONS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well she's advertising for their relaxers, etc right? She gets great bounce/shine and apparently has improved her technique for applying relaxers. It's not like they named her their 'official uber health growth expert extraordinare'. Better a woman with her own hair than someone with 100lbs of weave telling me that a product is great.

Congratulations Ateya. Love the relaxer tip half of the video.

tiger-s.gif
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Im glad to see that they didnt change her personality during the presentation. They let her be herself. Thats all shes good for.

I am very proud of her. I do'nt frequent her videos much because I'm not relaxed but I am very aware of her videos and her popularity. That is awesome- This might open the door for some of us other black hair YouTubers to get endorsements. YouTubers have a huge impact on what people buy...she's been making all these companies THOUSANDs of dollars for years by talking about their products..Im sure now she is happy that she is getting monetary compensation.

YAY!!! Her video was great. Few mistakes but she is still learning.

Seriously though if I saw her hair before and after I wouldn't be convinced to by that relaxer.It's obvious she overprocesses her relaxers based on thinning and the fact she relaxed with a centimeter of NG. But to each their own. i don't like the finished product. It was quite thin, limp, and stiff. Guess I'm hating cause my hair doesn't look like that though. Anyways she looked beautiful and her makeup was on point as always I just can't get with that hair. I hope they are using her in hopes to create some type of before and after project for her, cause I still think her hair looks a HAM.

I am very proud of her. I do'nt frequent her videos much because I'm not relaxed but I am very aware of her videos and her popularity. That is awesome- This might open the door for some of us other black hair YouTubers to get endorsements. YouTubers have a huge impact on what people buy...she's been making all these companies THOUSANDs of dollars for years by talking about their products..Im sure now she is happy that she is getting monetary compensation.

Wow, your hair in your avatar is gorgeous!!!!

I think it's interesting and exciting how YouTube fame is opening doors for talented people such as Ateya. With her bubbly personality, charm and her ability to do instructional video's, she is an excellent choice for sponsorship.

Awesome opportunity! :grin:

I was thinking the same thing with that 0.25cm of new growth...

Seriously though if I saw her hair before and after I wouldn't be convinced to by that relaxer.It's obvious she overprocesses her relaxers based on thinning and the fact she relaxed with a centimeter of NG. But to each their own. i don't like the finished product. It was quite thin, limp, and stiff. Guess I'm hating cause my hair doesn't look like that though. Anyways she looked beautiful and her makeup was on point as always I just can't get with that hair. I hope they are using her in hopes to create some type of before and after project for her, cause I still think her hair looks a HAM.

Think about the typical relaxed heads you see on the streets... that's their target audience. To the vast majority, her hair is dream hair. The general population will not apply LHCF standards.:grin:

I had to lean in into the monitor to look for the NG :perplexed.
She barely had any to touch up.

Here we go............................................................................:ohwell:

Look, I can go 4 weeks, 8 weeks, 6 months without a relaxer and I guarantee you, you're not going to see a thick bush of new growth on relaxer day. MOST people who wear their hair straight are not going to not straighten it just because they are going to get a relaxer soon. She probably followed her regular routine the week before and straightened her hair, and that is why you don't see a bunch of bushy new growth.

I mean, really. I hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttteeeeeee when people say stuff like that, "You don't even need a perm." How are you (not literally you, but anybody) going to be all up in my head trying to see if I need a relaxer or not or how much new growth I have. Across a computer screen, especially?

Ok, I'm sorry this is supposed to stay a positive thread and I already said my congrats, but I get so tired of ppl criticizing youtube videos. People who are making those videos are just trying to help other people on their journeys instead of sitting there tearing other women down.

Im glad to see that they didnt change her personality during the presentation. They let her be herself. Thats all shes good for.

That's all she's good for????? :perplexed Seriously?

That's bold - I guess not too bold since it was written in white. Now, if I was a mean person.........................

nevermind. It's not even that serious.

I think Ateeya is cool. I'm just confused - why is she still at shoulder length after two years???:look:

she's made it clear that she loves length so i don't get it. *kanyeshrug*

I'm confused as to why people can't see that her hair has grown. It was at or right above SL when she started and her longest layers were APL on the last vid I looked at with her real hair. She also trims regularly.

Not everyone in the world needs long hair to boost their self-esteem. Not knocking hair growers, seeing as how I am one.

:lachen:@ your disclaimer. Smart move on Motions' part, since so many sistas that relax are willing to do/buy whatever she does/buys.

Have you seen how many natural-hair followers she has??? The majority of people on youtube that have made response videos or tried out the "Ateeya regimen" actually have natural hair.

I don't see the difference between buying everything Ateeya uses versus buying everything that is suggested on LHCF. (See PJ threads)

Ok, I've said my two cents.

Wow@ the all of the arguing in this thread.:arguing: I will be surprised if this thread doesn't get :padlock2: tonight.:nono::nono:

Anyway, I don't always agree with Ateya's hair care practices but I think she has a great personality. I'm happy for her.:look:

Last edited:
Damn ya'll go hard. I agree with Gemini girl. Her hair does look thin and limp. I hope the protective styling helps her regain some of her thickness back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back