ATEYA GOT SPONSORED BY MOTIONS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
just popped in to say i'm glad SVT removed some of the gifs. i enjoy them, but some people have crappy computers that slow waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down with all of that. :look: :lol:

*continues reading thread without bashing keyboard in anger because excess gifs that slow down computer* ♥

Have you seen how many natural-hair followers she has??? The majority of people on youtube that have made response videos or tried out the "Ateeya regimen" actually have natural hair.

I don't see the difference between buying everything Ateeya uses versus buying everything that is suggested on LHCF. (See PJ threads)

Ok, I've said my two cents.

Um, I don't think the good folks that make Motions relaxer are concerned with her natural followers. But if they are.....then does that mean their diabolical plan is to use Ateya to persuade her natural fanbase to come back to the creamy crack????:blush::lachen::lachen:

BLESSED IS THE PEACEMAKER!

I can see it... while everyone is busy :arguing:

Ateyaaa is laughing STRAIGHT to the bank singing:

♫ Oh they want me to fall (fall),
Fall from the top (top),
They want me to drop (drop)
They want me to stop (stop)
They want me to go (go),
I’m already gone (already)
The sh-t that I’m on
I’m already home
(Hey, I’m already home yeah) ♫

Think about the typical relaxed heads you see on the streets... that's their target audience. To the vast majority, her hair is dream hair. The general population will not apply LHCF standards.:grin:

:grin::grin: Yea your right, I just don't see why they don't choose people with beautiful relaxed hair. They are out there. We(African American and other black races) can have thick relaxed healthy hair with bubbly personalities.

That's all she's good for????? :perplexed Seriously?

That's bold - I guess not too bold since it was written in white. Now, if I was a mean person.........................

nevermind. It's not even that serious.

I'm confused as to why people can't see that her hair has grown.

Ok, I've said my two cents.

:lachen::lachen::lachen: Thanks for you two cents. Sorry your right her hair has grown...UMMMM 1/4- 1/2 inch in two years. YYAAAAAYYYYY ATEYYYAAA YAAAAYYY!!! LOL Girl Bye, I don't care if you want to be mean. boo boo this is the Internet not my life. nothing you can say is going to pay my bills, feed me or clothe me and mines, so do you!

Now I didn't want to have to get ugly cause that's not my style but I just wanted to say that. Also I wrote that in white to keep the thread nice like OP asked. I stated my opinion. I don't have a problem with Ateyya. Not a fan or a stan but I don't have a problem with her, I just talk about her hair when it comes up since this is a hair board and all. We critique lots of videos. Who cares?

Now in order to keep this thread civil like OP wanted I will refrain from arguing in her thread. So back to OP.

I am happy for Ateya? That is so cool that she got this opportunity! I hope that she has many more successes come her way. She could def do some form of modeling or even makeup behind the scenes I'm sure.

Last edited:
Ateya's got a bubbly personality and she turned me on to Aphogee. I don't subscribe to her hair care methods but I'm happy for her anyway.

LOL!!! You ladies ALWAYS come through!! I haven't been posting here like I used to but I just watched the video and immediately logged on to see what's poppin off :lachen:

Congrats to her BTW....she looks great w/o makeup.

Last edited:
:grin::grin: Yea your right, I just don't see why they don't choose people with beautiful relaxed hair. They are out there. We(African American and other black races) can have thick relaxed healthy hair with bubbly personalities.

:lachen::lachen::lachen: Thanks for you two cents. Sorry your right her hair has grown...UMMMM 1/4- 1/2 inch in two years. YYAAAAAYYYYY ATEYYYAAA YAAAAYYY!!! LOL Girl Bye, I don't care if you want to be mean. boo boo this is the Internet not my life. nothing you can say is going to pay my bills, feed me or clothe me and mines, so do you!

Now I didn't want to have to get ugly cause that's not my style but I just wanted to say that. Also I wrote that in white to keep the thread nice like OP asked. I stated my opinion. I don't have a problem with Ateyya. Not a fan or a stan but I don't have a problem with her, I just talk about her hair when it comes up since this is a hair board and all. We critique lots of videos. Who cares?

Now in order to keep this thread civil like OP wanted I will refrain from arguing in her thread. So back to OP.

I am happy for Ateya? That is so cool that she got this opportunity! I hope that she has many more successes come her way. She could def do some form of modeling or even makeup behind the scenes I'm sure.

I agree 100%

I love Ateyas personality but thats it! And i think its funny how ppl are look down at if they do not like her hair, and "shouldnt" say anything..but everything else is fine & dandy:ohwell:

I dont care who gets mad at me, i paid my money and im going to say what i want & when i want too! This aint my job, im not kissing no body's butt to fit in!

I do not like her hair, i do not think she retains that much length at all..yeah maybe an inch or so..but thats it! I do not get why she is being sponsored, and i think she needs to be sponsored by a wig company because her wigs are always looking busted..including the one in this video!! Plus why is she getting sponsored by motions?? doesn't she USUALLY wear wigs??

I actually came in this thread to find out the reason why she is being sponsored:ohwell:, i still dont get why!..Because honestly..:lachen: Ateya is the last person..:lachen: I should be get sponsored then:lachen:

Her hair is already straight in the video though. :shrugs: I don't get it. What is she relaxing?

One of the ladies already touched on this...think about Motions' target audience. The average woman who relaxes is not like us and will stretch for 6 months at a time! I can't speak for anyone else here, but I know I definitely was relaxing every 6 weeks before I read Cathy Howse's book and came to LHCF...which means that my hair PROBABLY had about the same amount of NG as Ateya when she was demonstrating her relaxer technique. ITA with you...she definitely doesn't have enough NG to relax without damaging the previously relaxed hair...she definitely was overlapping...however, the women they are targeting this product to probably have the same hair care practices. To each their own...there was a woman on here with BSL hair and she relaxed every 6 weeks...worked for her...although I think she got fed up with defending her relaxing technique and left...

:lachen::lachen::lachen:
Lets make a bet yall, I bet two jars of coconut oil that this thread will be locked before it hits the 30th page....
Yall so silly,lol

P.S. congrats ateya​

there was a woman on here with BSL hair and she relaxed every 6 weeks...worked for her...although I think she got fed up with defending her relaxing technique and left...

ohhhhhh!!!!
I don't remember her handle but I miss her, I know exactly who you are talking about. I think she was close to MBL...
I'm so sad she left... :sad:

I don't think she actually relaxed her hair. That was just a media shoot. They switched out the relaxer for some condish. Her hair had clearly already been relaxed with Motions professional line weeks earlier. They then just blow dried her roots and styled it. I am glad she now has a sponsor bc maybe her hair can get back to the swanging days and hopefully she can get some good hair tips she can pass on to her subbies.

Also at no point has Ateeya professed to be a professional stylist etc.

Motions chose her bc she is just a regular black woman getting her hustle on and because of her dynamite personality. The power of Youtube as a marketing tool cannot be disputed.

I myself admit that even as a media / marketing savvy person that if I see something demonstrated on youtube I might be tempted to get it. It's one thing to see people raving about a product on a hair board but when you actually see them using it that gets my attention more.

I don't think she actually relaxed her hair. That was just a media shoot. They switched out the relaxer for some condish. Her hair had clearly already been relaxed with Motions professional line weeks earlier. They then just blow dried her roots and styled it. I am glad she now has a sponsor bc maybe her hair can get back to the swanging days and hopefully she can get some good hair tips she can pass on to her subbies.

Also at no point has Ateeya professed to be a professional stylist etc.

Motions chose her bc she is just a regular black woman getting her hustle on and because of her dynamite personality. The power of Youtube as a marketing tool cannot be disputed.

I myself admit that even as a media / marketing savvy person that if I see something demonstrated on youtube I might be tempted to get it. It's one thing to see people raving about a product on a hair board but when you actually see them using it that gets my attention more.
ITA...great post!

I hope your right about that conditioner. i think Ateya threads are so controversial cause we at LHCF can't get with her hair practices. No matter what, even people on this board, even her STANS, no one follows that regimen yet they wanna STAN for her like we are wrong for our opinion. I think the only people that would follow her regimen to a T would be those in YT land that no nothing of hair boards.

It would be a shame if the thread got locked, since no one is arguing. *shrugs*

I don't follow anyone exactly. I take a little from a lot of people. Ateyaa was my first inspiration and she's the only one who I consistently watch every week. I'm not that interested in wigs, and I don't wear make up as she does. But for some reason she's incredibly entertaining.

I don't follow anyone exactly. I take a little from a lot of people. Ateyaa was my first inspiration and she's the only one who I consistently watch every week. I'm not that interested in wigs, and I don't wear make up as she does. But for some reason she's incredibly entertaining.

I completely agree with every word you wrote. I said in a post last year how much I love her personality. There are two people that I'm pretty sure would be in my inner circle of friends that I follow on you tube. Ateyaaa is one and that crazy nut Traciemae is another. She is hiLArious, loud (like me)and very outgoing.

I remember subscribing to her when I was learning how to do my eyebrows, I never really watched for her hair vids but I do remember watching one a while ago and thinking how professional her hair came out. I'm happy something good came from her videos, she's very pretty and confident, that's what companies want in a spokesperson.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:
Lets make a bet yall, I bet two jars of coconut oil that this thread will be locked before it hits the 30th page....
Yall so silly,lol

P.S. congrats ateya​

Look, you just trying to make me cause trouble. I looooooooooooove coconut oil :look:.

Now I know all of you have rolled your eyes at someone's 'progress pics' or 'I claim X length!' threads at least once and no one thinks you're a hater. Some people think her hair is the bomb and her practices are amazing and some people are more...quantitative. Ateya's bank account is still laughing at all of us so who cares, :lachen:

Because people would just think it was weave anyway...like it's been said on this board before that the girls on the relaxer boxes have weave. And how is that a known fact? lol (not directed towards u)

I agree 100%

I love Ateyas personality but thats it! And i think its funny how ppl are look down at if they do not like her hair, and "shouldnt" say anything..but everything else is fine & dandy:ohwell:

I dont care who gets mad at me, i paid my money and im going to say what i want & when i want too! This aint my job, im not kissing no body's butt to fit in!

I do not like her hair, i do not think she retains that much length at all..yeah maybe an inch or so..but thats it! I do not get why she is being sponsored, and i think she needs to be sponsored by a wig company because her wigs are always looking busted..including the one in this video!! Plus why is she getting sponsored by motions?? doesn't she USUALLY wear wigs??

I actually came in this thread to find out the reason why she is being sponsored:ohwell:, i still dont get why!..Because honestly..:lachen: Ateya is the last person..:lachen: I should be get sponsored then:lachen:

that's it!

I'm happy for her. She gives her audience videos on a regular basis and she's fun to watch. I think she deserves her recognition and her money, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back