2018 Relationship And Dating Thread

We're here at the cabin vacay and I finally slipped away from him for a few mins.

Getting here was a rocky start we had to drop the dogs off in two different places, drop my son off and then go grocery shopping for food at the cabin. We ended up getting here around 1:30am. The airbnb host however was/is absolute amazing he called to make sure we weren't lost in the woods. Then extended our check out Sunday to whenever we feel ready instead of 11.

I forgot whoever suggested I get red/sexy lingerie that has easy access but I love you lol :bighug:I brought two different ones and he loves them.

Needless to say this trip is exactly what we needed to unwind, relax and color in peace. Plus the view is beyond amazing.

We're here at the cabin vacay and I finally slipped away from him for a few mins.

Getting here was a rocky start we had to drop the dogs off in two different places, drop my son off and then go grocery shopping for food at the cabin. We ended up getting here around 1:30am. The airbnb host however was/is absolute amazing he called to make sure we weren't lost in the woods. Then extended our check out Sunday to whenever we feel ready instead of 11.

I forgot whoever suggested I get red/sexy lingerie that has easy access but I love you lol :bighug:I brought two different ones and he loves them.

Needless to say this trip is exactly what we needed to unwind, relax and color in peace. Plus the view is beyond amazing.

AHhhhh!! That sounds amazing! A cabin in the woods! Have fun!!!

Have fun! How did you find the cabin that you decided to go with? I've always wanted to do a solo cabin trip.

Another weekend with betabeau. This joker is becoming my best friend again. Just when I try to break away, he pulls me closer.

1. Pull over on the highway and got it in...(that was exhilarating)
2. Road tripped to tour a new city
3. Went to a couple bridal boutiques (which wasn’t my idea but I was happy to oblige) and tried on some dresses.
4. Roamed around all of Saturday and part of today — with cell phones off (sooo nice)

Good food, good paynus, lots of jokes, and exploring.

Another weekend with betabeau. This joker is becoming my best friend again. Just when I try to break away, he pulls me closer.

1. Pull over on the highway and got it in...(that was exhilarating)
2. Road tripped to tour a new city
3. Went to a couple bridal boutiques (which wasn’t my idea but I was happy to oblige) and tried on some dresses.
4. Roamed around all of Saturday and part of today — with cell phones off (sooo nice)

Good food, good paynus, lots of jokes, and exploring.

I love weekends like that especially with the cell phones off, sounds like you guys had fun again.

I love weekends like that especially with the cell phones off, sounds like you guys had fun again.

Yeah we are :lol: I think he’s really good at pulling through the lull moments. Whereas I’m used to calling it quits.

He woke me up at like 3am talking about one of the dresses and how my face lite up when I saw myself in the mirror. He was like “I’ve never seen your face light up like that it really hit me”. Now yes I did have a moment with th dress, I could’ve cried because I really did look like a princess. But I held my feelings inside and that’s where I guess he was able to read through my eyes.

I told him that I saw what he did, which was to pull me back into the idea of marriage. Effective for sure. BUT I’m still staying in my girlfriend only lane doing girlfriend only things—-which are not that of a wife. I ain’t cooking for you, sending you home with food, cleaning your house, etc etc. I’m still going to be the bad girlfriend who you gotta wait on to get ready, never wants to eat in, you gotta fold my clothes (because I’m too busy to get to them), and rather spend more time “cuming and going” than chilling. :lol:

#resist

We colored last night and it was beyond amazing but prior to that we had a great talk about the future. SO wants to start looking at houses together and at first I was against that but I told him I would consider it if there was an understanding we would get married. Which he agreed and said that was understandable. He wants to start looking sooner rather than later but I think i'm going to hold off and revisit this conversation later.

Other than that things are still going amazing I honest can't wait until he gets home from work. Yesterday I heard his mustang coming down the street so I opened the door and me and the dogs stood there dancing (well I danced) screaming daddy's home lol i'm sure my neighbors think i'm crazy but he had the biggest smile on his face and the dogs were excited.

This drive!!!! Ughhh

I want another set of tires for my birthday.

OAN—Tomorrow we’re going to work on the line dance for lemon. I’m only here for that...:lol:

What can you do? Information like that puts you on the defensive trying to prove yourself which isn’t fair. Unless you have done something awful to this person in the past I would take the statement as manipulation.
Not him, but someone that he knows. I didn't know this, but apparently the running joke in their circle is that I broke this other guy's heart so badly he ran off to Afghanistan because he enlisted immediately afterwards. :rolleyes: But you're right, that isn't fair to me. I'm going to ignore it for now but be on the lookout to see if he says/does anything else that can be taken as an attempt at manipulation.

So my SO likes to tease me because Im "thrifty" with buying certain items. I was so happy when I found some knock off Uggs in the thrift store for less than $10.
When I say he has been teasing me for the past 3 months behind these shoes! Calling them Luggs and Duds :lol:
My birthday was earlier this week and we decided to celebrate this weekend instead. Tell me why he showed up with a pair of genuine black Uggs. I died laughing. I thought it was such a thoughtful and sweet gesture.
Sorry for being so long winded, you guys but I wanted to share.

Last edited:
So my SO likes to tease me because Im "thrifty" with buying certain items. I was so happy when I found some knock off Uggs in the thrift store for less than $10.
When I say he has been teasing me for the past 3 months behind these shoes! Calling them Luggs and Duds :lol:
My birthday was earlier this week and we decided to celebrate this weekend instead. Tell me why he showed up with a paid of genuine black Uggs. I died laughing. I thought it was such a thoughtful and sweet gesture.
That wasn’t long winded at all and very sweet. Happy Bday fellow Pisces.

My birthday was earlier this week and we decided to celebrate this weekend instead. Tell me why he showed up with a paid of genuine black Uggs. I died laughing. I thought it was such a thoughtful and sweet gesture.

That was super duper sweet :love2:

Not him, but someone that he knows. I didn't know this, but apparently the running joke in their circle is that I broke this other guy's heart so badly he ran off to Afghanistan because he enlisted immediately afterwards. :rolleyes: But you're right, that isn't fair to me. I'm going to ignore it for now but be on the lookout to see if he says/does anything else that can be taken as an attempt at manipulation.

The “my friends said” is a smoke screen. Let’s reverse it—-how many times has a woman went to a man and said “my friends said xyz”?

And what she’s really tying to say is “I have an insecurity and YOU need to do something about it”.

Unfair and most times men will say “What does that have to DO with me” — meaning what are you expecting me to do now?

Keyword: action

So basically he’s hinting that YOU need to do something — which could mean either: 1) there’s a hidden expectation he has about you that you are unaware of or 2) he’s deflecting something within his behavior (he may be guilty of) on you.

Either way it’s exactly what hopeful said: a manipulation tactic.

You can’t successfully keep an eye out on what you may not know. So if you’ve read this, great! If you haven’t, I’d encourage you to get smart on these tactics we ALL do intentionally or unintentionally. There’s a book called: 30 covert emotional manipulation tactics (by Adelyn Birch).

Yasssss!!!! I thought the same. Manipulation technique 101.

Instead of enjoying the relationship and watching him and learning more about him it shifts to the woman watching her every move and trying to prove she is good and kind, etc., trying to earn his approval versus what women deserve as I stated—enjoying the relationship and watching and learning him. Being more relaxed and comfortable. Not saying OP would do this, thinking more in general terms.

Instead of enjoying the relationship and watching him and learning more about him it shifts to the woman watching her every move and trying to prove she is good and kind, etc., trying to earn his approval versus what women deserve as I stated—enjoying the relationship and watching and learning him. Being more relaxed and comfortable. Not saying OP would do this, thinking more in general terms.

Amen! I am so glad you’re on this forum

I was gonna go to NYC with some friends for my birthday in March. But I decided to uninvite my friends :look: and go by myself instead lol.

FH bought my ticket to the play I want to see while I'm there: Spongebob Squarepants, the Broadway musical!! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh who lives in a pineapple under the sea?! :lol: soooo excited!

This was so good! Broadway does it again! The thespians, the acting, the dancing, the singing, the set, the lighting. The were bubbles and streamers at the end! Plankton had a hip hop number and Squidward had a tap number!

The cast was about 40% black, too! Some numbers were 90% black! Sandy was black! With a gorgeous fro! Pearl was black! And y'all. The thespian who played Pearl can saaaaaang. She got the loudest applause at the end. More than the guy who played Spongebob! :lol: Her name is Jai'Len Christine Li Josey. An 18yr old from Atlanta. And this is her Broadway debut! I hope to see more of her everywhere!

They had really diverse and great song writers, too! Plain White T's, David Bowie, Panic!, Cyndi Lauper, Yolanda Adams, Sara Bareilles, Aerosmith, Lady Antebellum, John Legend, just to name a few.

Mean Girls and Harry Potter are debuting on Broadway this month I think. I shall be back for them.

This was so good! Broadway does it again! The thespians, the acting, the dancing, the singing, the set, the lighting. The were bubbles and streamers at the end! Plankton had a hip hop number and Squidward had a tap number!

The cast was about 40% black, too! Some numbers were 90% black! Sandy was black! With a gorgeous fro! Pearl was black! And y'all. The thespian who played Pearl can saaaaaang. She got the loudest applause at the end. More than the guy who played Spongebob! :lol: Her name is Jai'Len Christine Li Josey. An 18yr old from Atlanta. And this is her Broadway debut! I hope to see more of her everywhere!

They had really diverse and great song writers, too! Plain White T's, David Bowie, Panic!, Cyndi Lauper, Yolanda Adams, Sara Bareilles, Aerosmith, Lady Antebellum, John Legend, just to name a few.

Mean Girls and Harry Potter are debuting on Broadway this month I think. I shall be back for them.

I want to see mean girls! Love Tina Faye.

So my feelings are mellowing out a bit and his are growing. Is this normal? Early on I did feel like I was ahead of him in my feelings but I kept my investment low. Now it seems like the tables have turned and he's ahead of me. In the past I was always in short, hot and heavy courtships that fizzled quickly. This is a little different and takes some adjusting.

Back