2018 Relationship And Dating Thread

I couldn't sleep so I was up watching Cheaters reruns. This girl was 20 and pregnant with the cheater's baby. She told the show "I think something must be going on because he doesn't make me ramen noodles anymore like how he used to." Is that really all it takes for some people? Some noodles?

And then at the confrontation the other woman burned his clothes and the girlfriend went into labor. Her water broke and they asked the other woman for a chair for a girl. She said "Nah, that b can sit on the ground somewhere." :nono:

Wow :lol:

Now I do know someone who divorced her husband because he stopped picking up the postage stamps. She said that’s when she knew he was cheating. I met her around the time I separated and you know how we divorsees get: “when did you know it was over?” We were at a work lunch with other coworkers and she said “when he came home one day with no stamps”. :lol: I was like damn just went I thought I was an insensitive person....this woman is a savage. She said she was right though. :ohwell:

I got a type 4a sew-in (similar to my hair type) recently. Yesterday, FH goes 'how do you have gray hair in the front?' (I have leave out in the front and have some gray hairs there) I tell him that part is my real hair. He's so confused :lol:

Which is really weird because I twist my leave out at night....and have it twisted all day around him.....and my tracks clearly show, soooo :lol:

:rofl: you know he loves you twist in the front and all!!!

SO wants to go visit his parents today which i'm ok with but I told him i'm bring my homework so I can get my hours in. He claims I always sit in the corner and do homework when we go visit them. In all honesty it may actual be true but I have assignments to turn in and a degree to finish so.....

Plus all they do is sit there, talk and watch movies.

Tip: Just remember to check up on them periodically. I got stoned by betabeau mama for not checking on her because she couldn’t rationalize the fact that I rather twerk in the bathroom instead of watching countless reruns of law and order. It was a debacle.

So he called me last night to come over and watch the NBA All-Star game with him and another couple. It was sweet because both couples were cuddled up on the couch. After they left, one thing led to another and we ended up coloring. It was amazing and I knew it would be. :2inlove:

So last week Valentine's Day dinner was great. The weekend date not so much. It was horrible really. I ended up in tears and storming out of his place ready to call an Uber.

He is controlling and admits it. He told me I can accept him and his rules or we can go our separate ways.

He has 2 rules, no personal male friends (like soon to be ex DH) and no going out to bars late at night without him. And of course he would abide by the same rules as me and not talk to any other women.

This really upset me since DH and I are on good terms and I never had such restrictions. But I see Prince Charming's point on me not spending time at DH place helping him put together furniture from ikea. DH's girlfriend doesn't want me hanging out with DH either. It's not that I want to hang out with him, I just worry about him and want to make sure he is doing ok with the transition to nonmarried life. I know he's struggling with it since he doesn't take change well.

So last week Valentine's Day dinner was great. The weekend date not so much. It was horrible really. I ended up in tears and storming out of his place ready to call an Uber.

He is controlling and admits it. He told me I can accept him and his rules or we can go our separate ways.

He has 2 rules, no personal male friends (like soon to be ex DH) and no going out to bars late at night without him. And of course he would abide by the same rules as me and not talk to any other women.

This really upset me since DH and I are on good terms and I never had such restrictions. But I see Prince Charming's point on me not spending time at DH place helping him put together furniture from ikea. DH's girlfriend doesn't want me hanging out with DH either. It's not that I want to hang out with him, I just worry about him and want to make sure he is doing ok with the transition to nonmarried life. I know he's struggling with it since he doesn't take change well.

You’ve only known this guy for like 5 weeks, right?

This sounds scary.

At the very least: It's definitely not keeping it casual, as you want. He offered you an out. Take it.

giphy.gif

Too much headache so early on. He doesn't sound worth it nor does he sound like Prince Charming. Abort mission!! Exit stage left!!

Yeah I had decided to let him go after I stormed out of his place. He is so serious about me and I'm not ready and I don't want that right now. I wish he would have just stuck with the casual dating because it was so much fun. The moment he decided he wanted to be my man without my input he became so controlling and it's too soon.

At least he was very gentleman like, offered to drive me home instead of Uber and he packed all my things up around his house in bag. I just took the bag and Ubered home.

Yeah I had decided to let him go after I stormed out of his place. He is so serious about me and I'm not ready and I don't want that right now. I wish he would have just stuck with the casual dating because it was so much fun. The moment he decided he wanted to be my man without my input he became so controlling and it's too soon.

At least he was very gentleman like, offered to drive me home instead of Uber and he packed all my things up around his house in bag. I just took the bag and Ubered home.
Don't let him talk you into trying to work it out. I would tell my friends the same, not to date anyone with those kind of controlling tendencies.

Don't give him any props for being a gentleman or anything else. That's how people break down your defenses and ease back into your life.

Last night my SO and his dog were getting on my absolute last nerve I swear I was ready to put them both out. I ended up taking my anger out on cleaning up the house and that helped me out of my mood, I swear I love a clean house.

Either way I ended up getting over both him and the dog, all is well again.

Last night my SO and his dog were getting on my absolute last nerve I swear I was ready to put them both out. I ended up taking my anger out on cleaning up the house and that helped me out of my mood, I swear I love a clean house.

Either way I ended up getting over both him and the dog, all is well again.

Cleaning works all the time lol. Except , Im the mean cleaner that says "can you move?!" Lmao

Don't let him talk you into trying to work it out. I would tell my friends the same, not to date anyone with those kind of controlling tendencies.

Don't give him any props for being a gentleman or anything else. That's how people break down your defenses and ease back into your life.

Agreed. This guy is manipulative and controlling and potentially abusive as well. Giving her ultimatums after 5 weeks? Really? How he is behaving is not a sign of love, it’s a sign of obsession and control. Newly divorced or divorcing women have to be very careful.

:yep: and first few months they are on their best behavior. You don’t want to stick around to see what’s to come :nono:.

My dating coach said for the first six months of meeting someone there should be no talks or mention of commitment or exclusivity. Nor should a woman consider herself as taken or spoken for—-no serial monogamist dating.

After six it can be discussed but not binding. Typically after a year of dating, each person will know if they want to take it to the next level or not. That’s the point of “do we make it exclusive or not, or throw him back in the pool”.

My dating coach said for the first six months of meeting someone there should be no talks or mention of commitment or exclusivity. Nor should a woman consider herself as taken or spoken for—-no serial monogamist dating.

After six it can be discussed but not binding. Typically after a year of dating, each person will know if they want to take it to the next level or not. That’s the point of “do we make it exclusive or not, or throw him back in the pool”.

:yep: That’s my philosophy and my friends think that’s too long. My sister thinks it’s to short. My reasoning is I’m not going to rush into anything nor am I wasting my time.

I'm feeling pretty down today. I met a wonderful man who makes me very happy, but I'm ready to relocate and our relationship hasn't progressed enough for me to remain where I am. We're not in the same city currently. We're about 100 miles apart, so with the distance being there, the relationship is progressing at a snail's pace. When we do see each other (every weekend when we can), there are fireworks. Everything is amazing and he goes above and beyond to make me happy. The intimacy is AMAZING. I feel a deep soul connection with him. But during the week I don't really feel like I have a boyfriend. We're doing our own thing living completely separate lives. If I was happy in this city it wouldn't matter. I'd let things continue to develop organically. But because I'm unhappy here, seeing someone 2-4x a month just isn't enough for me right now. I'm ready to move and for a moment I thought I'd stay here, but I know that I'd only be staying to see where things go with him. I have no desire to continue to see him if I move even further away. 100 miles is far enough. I'm going to meditate on it and surrender. I gotta put me first.
I’m in the same situation.. well I’m not moving farther away but we are long distance. Something is missing when he is gone and I know that it doesn’t bring deeper connection when he is away for periods of time. It definitely feels like we have completely separate lives and I want a connection. I know they say be careful of what you wish for but how can you really know when each visit is a whirlwind and nit real life? He asks that I be patient. I question if it’s real. I feel you.

Dating coach you say hmmm ... I might have to PM you. Thanks for sharing some of her advice.

I'm thinking he's handling non-married life just fine. And he is no longer your concern.

Last edited:
Back