2018 Relationship And Dating Thread

I think my so lost his mind for a hot second.

He booked a rental car for us to drive from VA to FL next month with two kids in the car leaving directly after work on a Friday. NO! Ya'll that's an 12hr+ ride in the car with him and the kids. I've spent half of my morning convincing him this is not a good idea and now were flying. He's upset over the missed family bonding time as if we're not headed to Disney in the beginning of July to do just that.

I think my so lost his mind for a hot second.

He booked a rental car for us to drive from VA to FL next month with two kids in the car leaving directly after work on a Friday. NO! Ya'll that's an 12hr+ ride in the car with him and the kids. I've spent half of my morning convincing him this is not a good idea and now were flying. He's upset over the missed family bonding time as if we're not headed to Disney in the beginning of July to do just that.

Men be driving! :lol: It is hard for me to endure those long road trips but men seem to enjoy it. Glad you talked some sense into him!

@SuchMagnificent Just tell him sprint gave you a new number since there's an issue on their end with your old one and keep it moving. He doesn't need to know he was calling a google voice number unless you want him to.

@ClassyJSP Thank you and yes, I definitely dont want him to know he was calling a Google voice number.

Ive decided that I will tell him my phone was hacked and sprint advised me to change it.

^^Do you really want to lie though? I think that the truth will get back to him, if he mentions to other people that your number switched.

I mean he did have a real contact number for you. Just tell him that you were using a Google voice number for a while and need to switch to your real number now. Make it sounds like it's not a big deal and breeze over it lol. Or be completely honest and say that you didn't know how to tell him earlier, since it is awkward.

ETA: Are you sure it's not a problem on his end, since it happens when he calls you?

Do not lie. Just tell him the truth. This tiny lie could end up costing you big time. You'll find yourself having to tell a string of lies to cover up the initial one.

As for the truth, he'll be upset for a second and you can sweet talk your way back after you tell him. Be vulnerable and awkward. He'll melt very quickly.

I’m not sure what I would do in that situation, but everyone I know who has found out they were given a Google number cut off contact with the person with the GV number. Men and women. Personally, I’d be hella insulted if I found out I had my boyfriends GV number but not the real one.

Honestly, I’d probably just deal with the issue until I got a new phone and could say I changed my number then. If you have an iPhone, your phone is connected to your e-mail and not your number so the “hacking” excuse only works if you change everything.

I’m not sure what I would do in that situation, but everyone I know who has found out they were given a Google number cut off contact with the person with the GV number. Men and women. Personally, I’d be hella insulted if I found out I had my boyfriends GV number but not the real one.

Honestly, I’d probably just deal with the issue until I got a new phone and could say I changed my number then. If you have an iPhone, your phone is connected to your e-mail and not your number so the “hacking” excuse only works if you change everything.

@GreenEyedJen Yes, I figured he would be upset, I know I would be. Thats why Im trying to handle it as delicately as possible. My GV number is the only number he has to contact me so I cant just deal with it and Im not in the market for a new phone to say I changed my number.

I dont have an IPhone, so I think my "hacking" excuse will still work.

The GV issues is widespread, it is affecting all users at the moment, no timeframe has been discussed.

@SuchMagnificent
Thanks for responding.

Now will the area codes support your lies? Lol. Does your cell phone number have a local area code? If it doesn't, you might need to explain why Sprint gave you that area code (unless it's your hometown area code or similar which can make sense).

I don't like making the effort to keep lies straight which is why I voted for the truth.

But if you wanna go with a different story, let's get it straight before you tell him :yep:.

MFT tried to get me to meet his whole family after our date last Saturday by saying his family decided to join in on game night. He originally said it was his housemates because he's still moving. Either way, he gave me an out and I took it. Now my parents are pushing to meet him and I'm not ready for that. We're not even official yet. I want my sisters to meet him first but they're not interested because they think we're going to be all lovey-dovey and we're not like that at all. Or I'm not. MFT is pretty infatuated with me but I don't really feel the same way. I like him definitely and I enjoy spending time with him. I appreciate how emotionally vulnerable we've been with each other but I'm not ready to take myself off the market yet. I could say it's bar prep fatigue but I feel like I'm not being completely honest.

@SuchMagnificent
Thanks for responding.

Now will the area codes support your lies? Lol. Does your cell phone number have a local area code? If it doesn't, you might need to explain why Sprint gave you that area code (unless it's your hometown area code or similar which can make sense).

I don't like making the effort to keep lies straight which is why I voted for the truth.

But if you wanna go with a different story, let's get it straight before you tell him :yep:.

Lol. Yes. My cell phone number has a local area code. I texted him from the GV number to let him know my account was compromised.

I then turned off the GV account, removed my voicemail and alerts.

I waited about an hour and text him from my cell phone to let him know that this is my new number. I'll keep yall updated on if he bought it or not :look:

He bought it yall.

giphy+%2819%29.gif

I was rather dry and kept it brief so as to not draw any suspicion.

Thanks everyone for your insight and opinions.
Now back to our regularly scheduled programming lol.

HotRod called to have a phone meeting...this was serious, I could hear it in his voice. He starts off by asking that listen and then give a response after I’ve heard him out. I take a gulp and listen to this man say:

He really likes where things are going and the fact that I don’t chase him. This was important.

He constantly thinks about me and knows that I’m probably going out with other men when we don’t talk or see each other.

Of which is his dilemma because he’s starting to take issue with the outside distractions. He doesn’t want to push me into something but feels ready to see where things could go with adding a normal routine of seeing each other in addition to dates.

I stimulate him intellectually and he loves that we can talk about politics, sports, work, and that I can share my reading list and he can do the same. He said “you’re like the trifecta”.

He said him coming over last saturday was scary yet comfortable and he was okay leaving because he’s still shocked by our chemistry and organic enjoyment with being around each other.

I wont go into details but this is HUGE for him like huge.

My response: We can focus more on “our journey” if that’s what you want and I will help cultivate the dynamic already being created.

Him: Do I make you happy?

Me: I’m already happy but you do add a sense of delight.

Him: Well let’s just do it and cut out all the searching. I’m good.

Me: Okay.

^^So cute lol

lol yeah I know right. It’s like we’re both newly 40 but get “kiddish” when it comes to each other. I really like him and the fact that he makes me blush when we’re together is good. He just giggles like a little school boy.

We actually work in the same area, so today he called and asked when my next meeting was. I told him and he says “come to the front of your building”....as I get off the elevator and he is standing there smiling and looking like a snack! He gives me a kiss and says okay go back to work and Ill call you later. :giggle:

Babay!!!! Yes lordt!!!

So...Not sure what level we’re at and I’m not concerned. Just excited about the current state. I’m content, which is all that matters to me (he’s just the beneficiary).

Just an FYI i'm wondering out loud here.

But I wonder if it's wrong to rotational date if your already in a relationship and your needs aren't being met.

@ClassyJSP

As long as its not perceived by the other person as being deceptive or dishonest.

Trust is huge and is built in many ways to include transparency. I’ll use myself—all of the guys I’m going on dates with (not many) they know I’m on the dating scene. The only one who now expressed an issue is HotRod. However, although I said “okay”, I still plan to go back to the table (in person) to talk about the implications for the both of us. I can take his “cut out all the searching” do mean a variety of things but I will never assume—-I want it plain from his mouth to mine eye to eye. This is more for his sake and not mine, since he’s the first one to push the change.

So for you—I think you should have that crucial conversation with your guy and allow him to decide if he is willing to ride or not. This way your situation is well managed and everyone is clear on the play call. If you’re afraid to have that talk then I hate to say it but, examine where the fear is coming from because that needs to be cured before stepping on the field.

Now if you’re poly, it should be a mute issue. HotRod has an issue with my “poly” friendly lifestyle and made it clear that he wants no part of it and requested that I mute the poly thing. Again, there’s more dialogue to be had.

Why would you stay in a relationship if your needs aren't being met?

Essentially you wouldn't you should move on. However I wasn't talking about my own personal relationship which I should have added to the original post. It was just a thought since i'm reading have the relationship you want by a popular guru.

Essentially you wouldn't you should move on. However I wasn't talking about my own personal relationship which I should have added to the original post. It was just a thought since i'm reading have the relationship you want by a popular guru.

Ah, I see. While I agree with maintaining a roster in general, I'm strongly against staying in relationships where needs are not being met or keeping mediocre candidates in rotation just so you have more than one person. It develops bad habits that, in my opinion, can be hard to break. And when we settle for less than we deserve, we get less than we settled for.

So how should I take this comment from HotRod?

“I miss you and I don’t even want to. SMH”

I know for ME when I start to really “feel” something for a person and it’s unexpected, I tend to pull back and analyze the situation in order to regain a sense of control over my emotions. Instead of leaning inward, I lean back until I feel “safe” and not so vulnerable.

Now I’m wondering what men do or I guess what should I anticipate...the same?

ughh this is the part about the dating process I don’t particularly fancy. We just briefly saw each other Wednesday. :headbang:

Back