2018 Relationship And Dating Thread

Does the PMP in your name stand for pimp :giggle:. Loving your dating tales, how take charge you are, how determined you are to have fun, how you don’t get overly invested in every dude, how you don’t take every little thing they say and do too seriously.

Awww thank you Hopeful. :lol: I am sounding like a little madam Heidi Fleiss huh? I tell ya, men are a trip and I try to update so folks can see how easy it (can be) hurdling the cattle—sometimes.

Libra with Aquarius Rising.

Ohhhh Libra and Scorp (you?)....Idk :nono:

I’m a Libra and my experience with Scorps have been bitter/sweet. He’s very airy (blows with the wind of the day) which may get tiresome for you.

But I will say this—if you can get your hands on a couple Cancers or Leos, you might feel more “fulfilled” in the relationship/connection department. :yep:

Ohhhh Libra and Scorp (you?)....Idk :nono:

I’m a Libra and my experience with Scorps have been bitter/sweet. He’s very airy (blows with the wind of the day) which may get tiresome for you.

But I will say this—if you can get your hands on a couple Cancers or Leos, you might feel more “fulfilled” in the relationship/connection department. :yep:
Our Rising Signs are compatible though since I’m a Sag Rising. But beyond that yeah I don’t see any points of romantic compatibility. He doesn’t activate any of the houses in my chart that denote a LTR romantic relationship.

Leo’s are a bit too self centered and Cancers are too moody for my taste. I usually prefer an Earth sign like a Taurus or Capricorn. I’ve got a lot of Sag in my chart though so Libra isn’t bad.

Our Rising Signs are compatible though since I’m a Sag Rising. But beyond that yeah I don’t see any points of romantic compatibility. He doesn’t activate any of the houses in my chart that denote a LTR romantic relationship.

Leo’s are a bit too self centered and Cancers are too moody for my taste. I usually prefer an Earth sign like a Taurus or Capricorn. I’ve got a lot of Sag in my chart though so Libra isn’t bad.

You’re on to something with the Cappys...For some reason Leebs and Caps get along but its never romantic. However, when I look back on the caps and scorps I do know I can envision a good match....hmmm. :lol: I might need to play match maker with a couple friends to test this combo out.

You’re on to something with the Cappys...For some reason Leebs and Caps get along but its never romantic. However, when I look back on the caps and scorps I do know I can envision a good match....hmmm. :lol: I might need to play match maker with a couple friends to test this combo out.
My first love was a Cap. I need a combo of Air and Earth to balance my Water and Fire.

So um curious george got his date suspended right before the clock started. He suggested a place to hike, I get there and paid for parking. Waiting on him, he says he cant find a parking spot and requested I meet him at another place close by the park. I leave the parking lot where I just paid to park, he calls me saying he now found a spot and to turn back around. :look:

I kindly said “look, I don’t do the go there, wait no go there, wait come back. You will not run me like that.” He apologized for “being a jerk” as he calls it and wants me to come back. I told him nope. We can reschedule.

He’s pissed and I’m at my lunch spot waiting for DBAguy to come join me. This guy has been chasing me for a month and this morning text “please lunch, dinner, coffee or whatever can I just see you again”. So just now replied “come to xyz, I’m here about to eat”. His response: “On my way, dont order until I get there”....

Curious George gon learn today....boo boo kitty I keeps it moving. :giggle:

Oh and HotRod squeezed his way in last night for a movie date. I normally go to the movies alone on Fridays and of course he knew this and showed up. I didn’t put 2 and 2 together when he asked during lunch what movie was I planning to see...We had a good time and it was cutw that he kept apologizing for feeling like an intruder.

I finally figured out what I'm missing with MFT and it's critical we discuss it since he's hinted at being official. I would talk to him about it when we have dinner tonight but on Thursday he told me he forgot he had plans with a friend when we made plans so I'm going to join them for dinner and then they're going to a free concert. I'm not into the music plus I've had a busy week and need some ME time. :look: He's good about staying in communication so I'll have an opportunity to talk to him about it either on the phone or in person.

Another thing I've realized is our connection is completely emotional. I've never connected emotionally with a man so well. I thought it would be enough and surprise, surprise, it's not. :rolleyes: I need the physical, I need the intellectual and it's not there. :nono:

I finally figured out what I'm missing with MFT and it's critical we discuss it since he's hinted at being official. I would talk to him about it when we have dinner tonight but on Thursday he told me he forgot he had plans with a friend when we made plans so I'm going to join them for dinner and then they're going to a free concert. I'm not into the music plus I've had a busy week and need some ME time. :look: He's good about staying in communication so I'll have an opportunity to talk to him about it either on the phone or in person.

Another thing I've realized is our connection is completely emotional. I've never connected emotionally with a man so well. I thought it would be enough and surprise, surprise, it's not. :rolleyes: I need the physical, I need the intellectual and it's not there. :nono:

Glad you were able to identify what is missing and it’s something you need..and deserve. Don’t settle because you don’t have too.

Hey ladies, I'm new to this thread but have been on the board off and on for years.

I recently ended my relationship of 9 months.

Met him online. He was nice enough, so I went out with him with an open mind. On our first date, he told me all of his skeletons, none of which were deal breakers. We continued to date, and I liked him so I agreed to be exclusive after about 2 months. We were having a great time, going on lots of dates and getting to know one another. Around month 3, he gave me a promise ring (soon...I know). I accepted it because he was a very sweet, loving man although I didn't feel passionate about him. On paper he was everything that I prayed for. In person he was not. I spent months trying to figure out what my problem was...he was everything I thought I wanted, so why was I so hesitant and unsure?

Around month 7, I started to figure out the problem. The relationship was BORING. I'm talking life support...He was so intent on being perfect, saying the perfect thing, and pleasing me that our relationship lacked any kind of genuine connection. Everything was surface. Our interactions consisted mainly of pleasantries...i.e., "How was work", "how are you", "you hungry?", "what do you want to do this weekend"...I realized that I couldn't really talk to him, and we didn't have anything in common. If I asked his opinion of something, he couldn't answer. He would say..."I don't know, what do you think?" My family and friends became his family and friends. My hobbies and interests became his. It got to the point that I would avoid going on dates or spending any kind of time with him. I just didn't enjoy his company and it broke my heart to admit that to myself. I also didn't want to hurt him so I let the relationship linger longer than I should have. I finally got up the nerve to break things off with him. He was devastated. I found out that he was planning to propose to me this month despite my warning that I wouldn't accept a proposal before August (which would have been our 1 year anniversary).

ETA: A major issue that I forgot to mention is that he was a crier/whiner...whenever we disagreed he would go into whiny 12 yo boy mode, crying and begging to get his way (Yes, he is a CANCER), which was a huge turnoff. He also talked in circles a lot, could never get to the point. My sister didn't believe how bad it was, so she met up with him to talk to him about our relationship and she came back and asked me how I'd dealt with him that long.

I don't know if I'll ever meet a man that loves me the way he did again, but I gave up the "perfect relationship" (that would surely end in marriage) to wait for an enchanted kind of love.

Sorry this is so long. I know there's probably a million typos.

Last edited:
Hey ladies, I'm new to this thread but have been on the board off and on for years.

Met him online. He was nice enough, so I went out with him with an open mind. On our first date, he told me all of his skeletons, none of which were deal breakers. We continued to date, and I liked him so I agreed to be exclusive after about two months. We were having a great time, going on lots of dates and getting to know one another. Around month three, he gave me a promise ring (soon...I know). I accepted it because he was a very sweet, loving man although I didn't feel passionate about him. On paper he was everything that I prayed for. In person he was not. I spent months trying to figure out what my problem was...he was everything I thought I wanted, so why was I so hesitant and unsure?

Around month 7, I started to figure out the problem. The relationship was BORING. I'm talking life support...He was so intent on being perfect, saying the perfect thing, and pleasing me that our relationship lacked any kind of genuine connection. Everything was surface. Our interactions consisted mainly of pleasantries...i.e., "How was work", "how are you", "you hungry?", "what do you want to do this weekend"...I realized that I couldn't really talk to him, and we didn't have anything in common. If I asked his opinion of something, he couldn't answer. He would say..."I don't know, what do you think?" My family and friends became his family and friends. My hobbies and interests became his. It got to the point that I would avoid going on dates or spending any kind of time with him. I just didn't enjoy his company and it broke my heart to admit that to myself. I also didn't want to hurt him so I let the relationship linger longer than I should have. I finally got up the nerve to break things off with him. He was devastated. I found out that he was planning to propose to me this month despite my warning that I wouldn't accept a proposal before August (which would have been our 1 year anniversary).

I don't know if I'll ever meet a man that loves me the way he did again, but I gave up the "perfect relationship" to wait for an enchanted kind of love.

Aaaaw . Did he not have any hobbies of his own at all? anything to make the relationship less boring?

Aaaaw :(. Did he not have any hobbies of his own at all?

No, not really. He was in a fraternity but he wasn't really active. He was from out west so most of his family and friends are out there. I had several conversations with him and tried to encourage him to find some hobbies, but he never acted on it.

No, not really. He was in a fraternity but he wasn't really active. He was from out west so most of his family and friends are out there. I had several conversations with him and tried to encourage him to find some hobbies, but he never acted on it.
I was going to ask you if he was in an organization of some sort. Maybe he can start doing some grand chapter events or join a grad chapter. Sounds like he is a good guy who wanted to spend all of his time with you, but we all need our space even if it's just a little bit. I am trying to make him get some hobbies, lol, so you both can get back together. Was he a homebody?

I was going to ask you if he was in an organization of some sort. Maybe he can start doing some grand chapter events or join a grad chapter. Sounds like he is a good guy who wanted to spend all of his time with you, but we all need our space even if it's just a little bit. I am trying to make him get some hobbies, lol, so you both can get back together. Was he a homebody?

No, he wasn’t really a homebody. He enjoyed going out and doing things as long as I was with him. The problem was that I am very active with my family, my church, and socially. He wanted to do EVERYTHING with me. If I didn’t invite him, he would pout and sulk to no end. I got the feeling that he didn’t really know who he was, you know? He had no idea of anything that made him happy...except me. That’s very scary.

Met him online. He was nice enough, so I went out with him with an open mind. On our first date, he told me all of his skeletons, none of which were deal breakers. We continued to date, and I liked him so I agreed to be exclusive after about 2 months. We were having a great time, going on lots of dates and getting to know one another. Around month 3, he gave me a promise ring (soon...I know). I accepted it because he was a very sweet, loving man although I didn't feel passionate about him. On paper he was everything that I prayed for. In person he was not. I spent months trying to figure out what my problem was...he was everything I thought I wanted, so why was I so hesitant and unsure?

ETA: A major issue that I forgot to mention is that he was a crier/whiner...whenever we disagreed he would go into whiny 12 yo boy mode, crying and begging to get his way (Yes, he is a CANCER), which was a huge turnoff. He also talked in circles a lot, could never get to the point. My sister didn't believe how bad it was, so she met up with him to talk to him about our relationship and she came back and asked me how I'd dealt with him that long.

I don't know if I'll ever meet a man that loves me the way he did again, but I gave up the "perfect relationship" (that would surely end in marriage) to wait for an enchanted kind of love.

I think you will find some one in future who will love you even more and be everything that you need. I'm glad that you figured out that the relationship didn't work for you and you were able to find out with out spending years searching for an answer.

No, he wasn’t really a homebody. He enjoyed going out and doing things as long as I was with him. The problem was that I am very active with my family, my church, and socially. He wanted to do EVERYTHING with me. If I didn’t invite him, he would pout and sulk to no end. I got the feeling that he didn’t really know who he was, you know? He had no idea of anything that made him happy...except me. That’s very scary.

Was he obsessive in a scary way? I agree in wanting to do everything with you is a lot to deal with.

@cinnespice Thank you. I pray so. Recently I started second guessing my decision. I know how hard dating is and I just don’t want to start all over again. I talked to my sister about it and she told me that she thinks I did the right thing too. I appreciate the encouragement.

@natural2008 Ummm, not really during the relationship but enough that when I was done, I was nervous about how he would react to the breakup...if that makes sense.

Its just crazy that all these years I waited and prayed, prayed and waited and just when I thought it was my time, it wasn’t.

@cinnespice Thank you. I pray so. Recently I started second guessing my decision. I know how hard dating is and I just don’t want to start all over again. I talked to my sister about it and she told me that she thinks I did the right thing too. I appreciate the encouragement.

@natural2008 Ummm, not really during the relationship but enough that when I was done, I was nervous about how he would react to the breakup...if that makes sense.

Its just crazy that all these years I waited and prayed, prayed and waited and just when I thought it was my time, it wasn’t.
Your time will come:).

@LivingDoll Your welcome. It takes some time and you do second guess a lot. I ended a relationship last year after 3 years. It was hard but i know i had to do it because I was not happy. The second hardest thing is getting back on dating scene. Still here just going with flow for now. The best advice i got was from this older couple when i was Hawaii. The couple meet in there older years after their spouses had passed. And they travel everywhere together. They were not looking for anyone but happened to find their way to each other. I said to them i don't know what i'm doing wrong I looked everywhere for guy but yet still nothing. They told me that's the problem stop looking and it will find you. To me its more levels than just stop looking but i think not to look so hard, but do put yourself out there to be seen. And also find out who you are as well, i enjoy me time now :)

This came from HotRod :lol: I know he thought long and hard before sending the message.

Him: Good Morning Sunshine. I know you don’t like good morning texts but make an exception for me.

Me: *smilie face* Although you broke a rule, you made my day.

Him: Then I’ll keep breaking them. Hopefully I can see you this weekend.

Me: Yikes! Out of town.

Him: Friday night it is then! See you tomorrow.

Me: no response— I’ll make him sweat in anticipation of me either backing out or obliging.

I just got back from another date with MFT. We've been seeing each other for over 2 months now and we both acknowledged that we're not seeing other people of now. We had dinner then walked around the area as the sun went down and he was very touchy feely. He kept looking at me as we were walking and he finally stopped and said "Can I do something?" and took me in his arms and gave me a very passionate kiss. :p He said he'd been waiting a while to do that. In all honesty I had been waiting for him to do that but he said he wanted to take things slow physically so I never pushed. I was really tired since I'm studying for the bar and he just put his arms around me as we walked. I honestly felt like I could've fallen asleep as we were walking, I got so comfortable and it was so peaceful. When we hugged goodbye neither of us wanted to let go.

I did get to talk to him about my concerns that I alluded to upthread. It's not really anything he can get right or wrong. It's not anything that's going to affect us in the near future save some really extreme circumstances. But he knows how I feel. We'll have to take things as they come. I met some of his friends last week and they were really nice. I asked him if he wanted to go to the County Fair in a couple weeks. My sisters and I always go and bring friends and he has a sister so I asked him if we'd like to bring our sisters and introduce them. So we'll see.

I'm ready to get my sisters' take on him and my friends if I can get one to come.

I see him next on Saturday for game night with his housemates since he's still in the process of moving.

I was in the exact situation about six years ago. The guy was my law school boyfriend and no one could understand why I broke up with him. Long story short, I was the single for the longest time in my adult life after that relationship, and while I actually like being single most of the time, after going through some major life **** post break-up, I was ready to find the person that I wanted to eventually settle down with. Just when I really, truly thought that no one would get me and I should've stuck with my "80%"...the guy I'm with now came along. We are twins. And that means we both like our time to ourselves. :lol: He's even better than what I threw back in the pond.

I realized that a lot of people, women especially, are able to deal with less emotional/sexual connection with a partner if other needs are met (financial, physical security, safe children, etc.). I realized, through that "great" relationship, that I'm not okay with that. My emotions run super deep and I don't want to have to blunt that to get what is otherwise a happy life. Give me all of it or none.

Don't fret, Sis. You bagged him and that was practice for your real prize.

@LivingDoll I went through the same thing when I broke off my engagement to my ex-boyfriend. I was single for a while after that and often questioned if I made the right decision because he was crazy about me. I even tried rekindling things when I briefly moved back to my hometown, but soon realized why I let him go in the first place. It took some time but I believe I've met the man who will be my husband. He's the right fit in everyway. I'm so glad I trusted myself to let the last one go even though it hurt at times. You don't have to settle.

Back