2018 Relationship And Dating Thread

Yeah I lurve gems. We’re like the same — dual personalities (good/bad), intellectually mysterious, weird, random and laid back—lets just go with the flow. They are probably the most sexiest I’ve dated.

A gem and I can be in the same room and laugh about the same thing without stating. It’s just weird and I know they’re worlds most hated :lol: and hard to catch some times, but I’ve dated enough to know how to catch and keep them (then release them like farrel cats).

Also they get distracted by shiny little objects, which works with my dora the explorer ways.
What's your sign? My ex fiance is a Gemini. Great friend, horrible romantic partner.

Went on my first date in forever. At the end of the date, he asked how we should handle the check. :look: He said, "Do you want to go 50/50?"

Now when I sat down to eat, I made sure that my purse and I were very comfortable. I smiled and reminded him that he asked me out. He said, "You're right, I wasn't being a gentleman." I smiled again and said nothing. The old me wouldn't have probably tried to prove my worth by chipping in. I'm no longer about that pick me bih life.

What's your sign? My ex fiance is a Gemini. Great friend, horrible romantic partner.

Libra.

Yeah most Gem’s get a bad wrap and they can be selfish but idk there’s this exchange that happens amongst air signs that is unmatched with other signs.

My best matchups are with Gems and Aquarius. Some Virgos but it always goes south after a couple years — even as friends.

Went on my first date in forever. At the end of the date, he asked how we should handle the check. :look: He said, "Do you want to go 50/50?"

Now when I sat down to eat, I made sure that my purse and I were very comfortable. I smiled and reminded him that he asked me out. He said, "You're right, I wasn't being a gentleman." I smiled again and said nothing. The old me wouldn't have probably tried to prove my worth by chipping in. I'm no longer about that pick me bih life.

So does he get a 2nd date?

That’s crazy. I would’ve said something snarky. :lol:

I'm moving in with my boyfriend at the end of this month and he said something that really, really hurt my feelings and made me think he didn't know me at all. The comment was made during an argument and it related to me not being able to relate to other people's suffering. I don't remember the words leading up to the comment, but he basically said just because I lost my Dad doesn't mean I'm the only person going through emotional trauma.

I consider myself very compassionate, and everyone that knew my Dad would know not to say something like that to me. He was my best friend. My boyfriend came along after my Dad passed, so he never saw our relationship. Even so, I think I've made it abundantly clear that using a term like "just because" and "my Dad" in the same sentence would be a no-no.

This is a big move for me (leaving my job and my state). I have a tendency to run away from things and this is the first time I'll have lived with someone since college, which was over ten years ago. I feel like running now. What would you guys do?

I'm moving in with my boyfriend at the end of this month and he said something that really, really hurt my feelings and made me think he didn't know me at all. The comment was made during an argument and it related to me not being able to relate to other people's suffering. I don't remember the words leading up to the comment, but he basically said just because I lost my Dad doesn't mean I'm the only person going through emotional trauma.

I consider myself very compassionate, and everyone that knew my Dad would know not to say something like that to me. He was my best friend. My boyfriend came along after my Dad passed, so he never saw our relationship. Even so, I think I've made it abundantly clear that using a term like "just because" and "my Dad" in the same sentence would be a no-no.

This is a big move for me (leaving my job and my state). I have a tendency to run away from things and this is the first time I'll have lived with someone since college, which was over ten years ago. I feel like running now. What would you guys do?

After I calmed down I would talk to him about it. Not in a way to bring the argument back up - but bring up your relationship with your dad. Then mention what he said during the argument and how that really hurt your feelings. Me personally I would also let him know I don't even expect to hear that from him again. Just be up front about it. But no I wouldn't run away from it either.

Went on a date with one of the three guys I met last weekend. I had a nice time. Got to know him a little more. Howard graduate, works in advertising, no kids.

Guy two of three has been consistent in his communication with me since we met. He's new to Atlanta, from New York and wants to do something this weekend.

Guy three of three has not reached out to me yet..but when/if he does...he's automatically canceled.

I consider myself very compassionate, and everyone that knew my Dad would know not to say something like that to me. He was my best friend. My boyfriend came along after my Dad passed, so he never saw our relationship. Even so, I think I've made it abundantly clear that using a term like "just because" and "my Dad" in the same sentence would be a no-no

I just listened to this and thought it might help you.

https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/h...ur-gut-and-make-the-right-decision-every-time

Trust your gut. IMO he hit you below the belt. From my experience men who hit below the belt are dangerous—potentially emotionally abusive and passive aggressive. But I don’t know your guy. So be still and quiet and listen to your three brains — heart, mind, gut/intuition — and see if they are in sync, in agreement that this is a good move for you, your life, your happiness, safety, and future. If you feel you have to explain to him how cruel that was for him to say, then that would make me pause. You shouldn’t have to explain human decency to an adult.

ETA: If you two have never lived in the same city for an extended period, perhaps you should consider living in your own place for awhile and just date for awhile and go from there? I’m a firm believer that it’s difficult to get to know someone very well without seeing them face to face and frequently. JMHO.

Last edited:
I had a date with Foriegn Guy last night. We went to a movie at a small theatre after we had a carry-out pizza dinner at my place. It was a nice evening.

We are talking about taking a little road trip to Canada for Memorial Day weekend. I feel comfortable enough with him that I think a trip would be fine. Maybe I should spend more time with him over the next two months to really make sure though.

Thank you @ClassyJSP @ArrrBeee and @hopeful. I needed to read all of that. I agree with you, @hopeful, that it isn’t even something that needs to be explained. When he said it, all I said was “Wow” and walked away. He was leaving that night and we haven’t talked about it since then. I’m good at ghosting people and I’m really all or nothing in a relationship. I either ghost hard asf, or am all in. I don’t have a middle ground. I’m going to do as @ClassyJSP suggested and at least speak to him about it because in general, speaking about my feelings instead of just ignoring the person that hurt me is something that I’m working on for myself, but if he doesn’t immediately take ownership AND apologize for letting it hang out there for some time, I think I have my answer. I’ve been in emotionally abusive situations and I have nooo desire to do that again.

It’s tough since I gotta be out of my apartment by the 30th no matter what. I didn’t re-sign my lease. And I loooove the place we chose together. But I do need my heart, mind, and soul to be in alignment and this has really thrown me off. I really never expected this from him.

Sis you nosy!!!!

I seriously found out by accident! :lol: It was really random. I was talking to my friend about our phones and Waldo on Google maps (anybody seen this?) and she started telling me about how her Google calendar has decorative backgrounds that match the description of the event. Mine isn't doing that yet! :mad: lol so she sent me some screen shots of her calendar to show me. And I saw "qchelles surprise bridal shower" in 1 lol. I didn't say anything and she didn't either lol. She did gasp tho,.... before i saw it.... then I saw it and assumed that's why she gasped lol. It was a mistake.

I seriously found out by accident! :lol: It was really random. I was talking to my friend about our phones and Waldo on Google maps (anybody seen this?) and she started telling me about how her Google calendar has decorative backgrounds that match the description of the event. Mine isn't doing that yet! :mad: lol so she sent me some screen shots of her calendar to show me. And I saw "qchelles surprise bridal shower" in 1 lol. I didn't say anything and she didn't either lol. She did gasp tho,.... before i saw it.... then I saw it and assumed that's why she gasped lol. It was a mistake.
I always find out about surprises too! I don't even try to but it happens lol.

Google calendar app has done that for a while. Depends if your event title has a good description or not I think. It also does it based on the location that you enter for the appointment. If you enter a restaurant, it might show a pic of the place. I think saying "dinner" shows a plate and silverware or similar. "Hair cut" brings up a cute background too.

:lol: Now you gotta ask surprised. I find myself acting more dense than usual when I'm aware of a surprise, just because I don't want to give away that I know. Well sounds like you're in for a great weekend!

Please tell me there was no future date agreement, right? :lol:

Went to a work event last night and stricked up a conversation with a guy who works with me but in a different dept (so we don’t see each other often unless he actually comes to the building I work in). He told me how he always wants to speak to me when we’re at work but I always look like I’m having a bad day lol. I’ll have to work on that lol.

After the work event the two of us went to a bar down the street and danced. He’s tall, cute, nice, UGA graduate. A little nerdy lol but that might be what I need.

We’re going to dinner after church today.

Haven’t heard from V#1—maybe because he know’s I’m on vacation but either way I chase no one.

V3 messaged me after a couple of days saying “hurry back, I miss you”. Very sweet and kept his name relevant as....

V2 has been blowing up the imessages. We have the bdsm dynamic in common so it’s definitely been a lively conversation. Although, I had to back him up a bit on the sub-inspection....not so fast buddy. He then quickly rebounded with a date for us to go ziplining, when I get back. Ive gone from 70% to 90 to 85 with him. We shall see but one thing I’m thankful for: being a switch. Because men who know you can sub will pounce and go all in without logic. No buddy, I know how to pull out the whip and you will obey. Simmmadonnna!!!

Ohhhhh and so I’m online and this guy messaged me paying my profile pics a compliment. I peep his profile, things look good. We chat and I tell him I’m on vacation but at some point I’d like to meet in person. He says sure but he just moved to XYZ area so I would have to pick the place. As he mentioned XYZ area, I ask where specifically. Guess what....this joker lives in my same building and two floors below me. :lol: So we’ve planned a date that consists of him taking out my trash and then us going for a hike in our area. (corny but romantic).

Back