Would You Reject a Man based on looks only?

Would You Reject a Man Based on Looks?

• Yes!

Votes: 273 81.7%
  • No!

Votes: 61 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Totally OT, but that episode of Bugs Bunny in your avatar has to be my favorite ever.

"I just luuuuuuuuuuv talking to innnnterrrrresting people." :lachen:

Bugs is the best... ever.

That particular Bugs cartoon CRACKS ME UP!!! They don't make cartoons like that anymore :grin:

I have to think about survival of the fittest here, because looks have a huge impact on how you are received and treated in society. Dating an ugly man opens up the possibility for marriage and children, and I could not intentionally procreate with a man who looks like a gremlin. That would be a complete disservice to my children! They'd spend their lives asking "why Momma, why???".

You're right. :cry3:

Yes. If that makes me a shallow b!tch, so be it.
I could never date someone I found physically repulsive. Why would I even do that to myself? It's not fair to me and not fair to him either. If someone was talking about "giving me a chance" in spite of the way I looked, I'd be heated and would kick his ass to the wayside :ohwell:

Most definitely, yes... I've dated an butt ugly guy once before, b/c he had a "nice personality," and was wealthy:look: but my eyes couldn't take it anymore:barf:

Never doing that again

Yeah, I would. I know that if I wasn't physically attracted to my man, I wouldn't be able to stop myself looking at other men. May seem shallow, but that's just the way I am.

Most definitely, yes... I've dated an butt ugly guy once before, b/c he had a "nice personality," and was wealthy:look: but my eyes couldn't take it anymore:barf:

Never doing that again

lmao :lachen::lachen::lachen:....i know exactly who you are talking about....

lets be for real, if his pockets are phat enough you might give an ugly dude a few dates again.....be honest

if the guy was very ugly, yes. He needs to look decent for me to be with him no matter how good a person he is.

Guys dont feel any guilt when going for better looking females do they?:look:

ditto. i mean you don't have to be drop-dead gorgeous, i've dated some guys that weren't the hottest thing on the block because they were cool guys who treated me with respect (at least in the beginning of the relationship :look: ). but ultimately, i have to find you somewhat attractive. them's the breaks.

Yes, and I have... Some men don't see themselves as unattractive and in which they see themselves as a great catch as do some women, beauty sure is in the eye of the beholder. One man I used to see all time and I would be casual and speak, but when we sat next to each other one day while on my way to work........His breath smelled like pure **** :lachen: I was too through... I politely got up and got off 2 stops before mine and walked to work.. I'm looking at him like, damn man I know you smell or better yet taste your own breath. I know that's not looks but damn if I can't stand face to face and have a conversation with you there's nothing else I need to focus on outside of that damn breath of yours..

Last edited:
Looks....nah, not so much as hygiene:ohwell: I just love a good smellin man!:lick:

Though, a younger D_O would've been on the "looks only" kick. I think I've learned my lesson with that.

Depends on how out of the box I'd have to step...I'd like to think I'd be willing to at least be friends and who knows from there....But, how far out of the box...:ohwell:

If I am not physical attracted to you, there is the potential to stray if times get really rough. You gotta have something for me to look at to keep me going. Look....I need a man that will compliment me in EVERY WAY. Looks, brains, financial, interest, morals and values etc.

Just wondering. If a man had all the other qualities you wanted, but he was truly unattractive to you (I'm talking almost repulsive looking), would you reject dating/marrying him?

My cousing just ended things with a guy b/c she said there was no physical attraction. I'm not as caught up in looks myself, but I will admit, he wasn't a handsome guy. However, I think he was a wonderful person, and would have been good for her. But, obviously, I can't make decisions for anyone but myself!:yep:

Heck, yes. I just got out of a relationship and tried to start dating this ugly guy and I couldn't do it. :nono:

a fat overweight dude that breathes real hard? yeah, i would.
so i voted yes.
some may call it shallow, but i take care of myself and if you are morbidly obese then i am not interested at all.

Never doing that again

see i'm visual. i'd be thinking his sperm looked like his face and would scare my eggs away.

ugggh, i wouldn't even want to make a baby with a man that was ugly. **shudders at the thought***

naw shawty!

Last edited:
By all means, I would reject him. I'm sorry but you have to think about how your kids would turn out. Some would say, I'm vain but oh well.

I did 2 weeks ago. :look: I said I wouldn't but it was a combination of:

His stomach (looked due :sad:)
He cried on the first date (due to joy, he said)
He cried on the second date (due to pain, he said... because I told him it wasn't going to work)
He wore pink on both dates (I don't know, it just bothered me :rolleyes:)

So.... yes, I have :perplexed

Yep. :look: I'm trying to change my evil ways though, cuz lately it seems that all the good looking guys I meet inevitably turn out to be arses... I find that the mediocre guys treat you sooo much better, I guess because they are so thankful to be hanging out with a cutie... after all, it makes their stock rise up a heck of a lot being seen with a good looking woman... :yep: They loooove that. Problem is that sometimes their head puffs up a little too much, and they start wondering who ELSE they can pull, since they were able to pull YOU.... :look: :laugh:

I try to look past looks and judge on personality, getting to know alot about him to see if something does develop. but I have before, I figured if I wasnt attracted to him why waste his time or feelings.

Besides men do it at the blink of an eye. Most men are visual..and few wouldn't wait the additional time for personality.

To each her own!!

repulsive no i cant see myself dating some one like that!
BUT I AINT GOTTA WORRY BOUT THAT SINCE IM MARRIED !!!!!!

" BUT REMEMBER SOME OF THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE COMES IN THE MOST UNUSUAL PACKAGES "

Last edited:
Back