If his ONLY problem was his weight would you go for it?

Survey says?

• Yes, it's not a big deal to me.

Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Yes, only if he lost the weight.

Votes: 21 15.0%
  • No, I wouldn't give him a shot at all.

Votes: 55 39.3%
  • No, because I don't think I should try to make him lose weight.

Votes: 38 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, it is entirely hypothetical. I emphasized it for the morons out there who don't realize that (nobody in this thread). People so desperate and jealous with their hating (yeah I said it) they deliberately overlook completely obvious siht. I should tag you.

I've dated 2 overweight guys. They were really great guys and extremely funny! We never did the deed, though. If a guy's weight affected our sex life... we'd just be friends.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

NO! NEVER! I turned down a really sweet, cool, intelligent and on-his-way-to-wealthy guy bc he was big. Not attractive to me at all. He looked like he wanted to kiss me on our only* date and I honestly got repulsed. I went out with him only bc he asked me out publicly in front of a bunch of ppl we knew. We are distantly friends and he has found a gf who doesnt care about his size and I am happy for him.

Last edited:
LOL @ all the responses :rofl:

My story: There was a nice guy that I met in college. 11 years passed and we ended up catching up with each other. He had gained about as much weight that I lost and just seemed unattractive to me. He was so nice though! He is very active with hiking swimming (well actually, he just floats), boxing, and running. And he's the sweetest person ever.

However, I am just not attracted to him. Who am I to say, "I'd like you even more if you lose a few lbs?" That is just rude. I rather just walk on by. I need to be attracted to someone for the green light.

I'm on the fence with this one...

There's a guy that I've known since high school and I had the biggest crush on him. Fast forward a decade and we go out on a date. He's put on at least 100lbs (in 9th grade he was no more than 5'5" 130, now he's 6'1" and 235). I will admit that the weight did put me off alot...I couldn't understand how he put on so much weight!

...however, since that date we've still continued to talk and I'm finding myself very attracted to him. He's very funny, smart, interesting, and one of the most understanding people that I have ever met. I just with he weighed a little less...shoot a lot less :look:. He is working out a lot more now that we've began getting to know each other better, everytime I speak to him he's leaving the gym. I'm hoping his change in fitness is for the long run because I don't want to count this man out for something like this.

Last edited:
6'1" and 235 sounds like something I could definitely work with, tbh. Are you sure he's not shorter than 6'1? That sounds like a football player build. I think he is prolly lying in there somewhere :lol: I've known a lot of dudes this weight and near it (black man in particular, who tend to be much more athletic than non black men). If I heard this weight on a bm I would automatically assume he was athletic.

6'1" and 235 sounds like something I could definitely work with, tbh. Are you sure he's not shorter than 6'1? That sounds like a football player build. I think he is prolly lying in there somewhere :lol: I've known a lot of dudes this weight and near it (black man in particular, who tend to be much more athletic than non black men). If I heard this weight on a bm I would automatically assume he was athletic.

I was thinking the same thing! However, he has a definite double chin and looks about 6 months pregnant right now :look:

We're friends on FB so I checked out one of his recent pics and was like :blush: That's when I asked him how tall he was and how much he weighed now....I was still unsure so when we went on our date I made sure to wear flats :lachen: The height checks out (I'm 5'8"), but he may weigh more than what he's saying...

Bumping

Eta: Interested guy is built like Cedric the Entertainer and I'm the size of Karreuche Tran.

Last edited:
Nope never again.... My ex was overweight when we first got together but he had great style so it was noticeable but not really. Well one night I was laying down and he laid on top of me being playful. I had just eaten and nearly vomited all of the bed because of his weight on me. I said without hesitation you need to go to the gym and lose some weight. His feelings were hurt but when he realized he wasn't get any loving from me. He hit the gym, changed his eating habits and lost over 60 pounds. Our sex life got so much better as he lost the weight and his stamina improved.

I wouldn't only because I am about eating healthy. some thing i feel very strongly about and someone that is over weight wouldn't get along with me because of that.

I love to eat...alot but i'm eating clean...so that's a no. my boo gotta eat clean too...

Nope. Most people I know gain weight after settling into a relationship. Chances are dude is going to get bigger. You also can't make anyone lose weight. It would be too much of an uphill battle and probably for nothing.

Id say only date him if you are attracted to him and satisfied with him being this size forever.

I'm petite and being crushed/smashed during sex is not my idea of fun, and I don't want my future children to inherit his weight issues. So no. #sorrynotsorry

Back