Would You Reject a Man based on looks only?

Would You Reject a Man Based on Looks?

• Yes!

Votes: 273 81.7%
  • No!

Votes: 61 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, I would. If it happens to women, then it can happen to men. There must be some type of physical attraction. Quasimodo ain't gonna cut it.

Yes. When I moved back home over the summer I made it clear to my ex-male roommate who apparently wanted to take things further, that I only liked him as a friend. Although there were other reasons I wasn't into him, looks were certainly a factor. I'm not sleeping with someone I'm not attracted to. As other users have already pointed out, men do it all the time.

:look:yep, yes, si, and oui.....if you look like a gremlin, troll under the bridge, monkey, or monster why should i date you if i feel no attraction ? i once broke this rule and had a drama filled relationship...this dude had the audacity to be cocky and horrible in bed too:nono:!

I only read page 1 and y'all are funny. :lol:

One of the people I fell deeply, madly, hopelessly in love with after seeing him on TV was John Maverick, the elephant man. I don't even know if the actor/movie painted a true picture of the real man but that was one of the few times I fantasized about spending the rest of my life with someone I saw on TV. I had never ever seen anyone so beautiful. I think in a lot of movies when the actor has made me melt, I usually imagine myself playing his leading lady and being the one being bathed in his affection. But with the elephant man, I wanted him for myself Nonie. I didn't want to act with him; I wanted him in my life.

So I don't know if I would reject a man based on looks alone. Maybe years back while in my teens looks were the be all and end all. Not so much after I got to my twenties and beyond.

Last edited:
I have many times, don't we all do that from day to day? If you are that unattractive, you don't get close enough to me for me to see your "true" qualities. I tried it once and then the dude had the nerve tostart acting out. Keep acting out. I had to talk myself into dating you anyway and looking at you for longer than 5 seconds so please KIM, you'd be doing me a favour. When I see this guy now, I pass him like an exam. Please...
Yesterday I stopped in the middle of the road and I was like I don't know why I bother dating certain guys I am so out of their league. Why put yourself through the stress :lol:?

Life's unfair like that. I myself.. prob would.

But it really sucks that something like looks realllly has a major impact on your life.

This is exactly why i made the "How do you accept being ugly" thread...
Its sad, but looks really do matter.

lmao :lachen::lachen::lachen:....i know exactly who you are talking about....

lets be for real, if his pockets are phat enough you might give an ugly dude a few dates again.....be honest

atheletes' wives/GFs do it all the time. some of those athletes are broke completely off.

Repulsive is a deal breaker. My legs would never part for him. My mercy has limits.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have to think about survival of the fittest here, because looks have a huge impact on how you are received and treated in society. Dating an ugly man opens up the possibility for marriage and children, and I could not intentionally procreate with a man who looks like a gremlin. That would be a complete disservice to my children! They'd spend their lives asking "why Momma, why???".

:yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

repulsive? that won't work.

my xSO was not my type (skinny) but I was really drawn to him. He filled out within a year (i guess he wasn't done growing/developing into a man or something). his body is super nice now & i'm happy i didn't nix him from the jump on that.

Yes, i do it all the time.
I figure... if the universe wants me to be with that man, the Universe will make a way for that man to be with me... other than that?
NO! i don't want you.

k.thanks.bye.

Back