If his ONLY problem was his weight would you go for it?

Survey says?

• Yes, it's not a big deal to me.

Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Yes, only if he lost the weight.

Votes: 21 15.0%
  • No, I wouldn't give him a shot at all.

Votes: 55 39.3%
  • No, because I don't think I should try to make him lose weight.

Votes: 38 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For me the problem wouldn't be how he looked but lifestyle. I exercise and struggle to eat healthy, so I don't think we would be compatible.

:lol: You look at him and think "ew" overweight. But he's still perfect for you!
That's a NO

Well, you never know what you might find underneath all the layers. There could be a pot of gold there. I'm talking about his personality, of course.
*pukes*

My DAD calls that a "dickydoo" - "his belly hangs lower than his dick-i-do" (from an Eddie Murphy Skit). :lol:
How did you get into a convo like that with your DAD?

Hmmmm... well you think his face is gorgeous (despite the fat)
He is richie rich rich
He works in your preferred profession for a husband
He's over 6'0 tall (I know that's a nonnegotiable for some :look:)
He is so smart/stupid (whatever you're into :lol:)
His personality is exactly what you find most appealing and enduring in a partner
He gives fantastic :lick:
I would say he has a big dong but I think while the other things could all realistically be true that probably wouldn't be a physical likelihood :lol: but it in itself isn't a problem

Idk it's make believe :lol: he's perfect in every way you need a partner to be perfect
I still say no

I dont find any type of fat on guys attractive. I was dating one guy and he loved drinking beer to the point of getting a beer belly. The breaking point was one day we were doing it and I had to lift his stomach to get it out of the way. I nearly DIED.

For me the problem wouldn't be how he looked but lifestyle. I exercise and struggle to eat healthy, so I don't think we would be compatible.
How are you 61 weeks pregnant. Fix your ticker....lol

I answered before reading the op because I thought she was referring to a tolerable overweight. If the man is "ewwww" overweight, he won't get my attention. I've dated an overweight man before and the coloring was :nono:. If I were a man, I'd have the same standard for women. Especially if I'm one that regularly works out and eats healthy.

It's all about preference.

What if you met the perfect guy for you except he was overweight? Like, it's turning you off overweight. Unattractive overweight. Assume this also negatively impacts the sexual relationship.

Then definitely no way.

I wouldn't' date someone who turned me off for any reason.

As for overweight guys...I kinda prefer big men:look: (football playery big/chubby, not The Biggest Loser big)

Unfortunately, no. Physical fitness is very important to me. I have some things I can compromise on, this is not one of them.

I agree but... we're talking degrees here. If he totally turned me off. Than no. Not into changing folks. But if he was a little juicy and it didn't bother me much. I'd bite.

WTF! So I guess we can be blunt as we want to be about fat men but we got to tiptoe around the issue when it concerns women.

WTF! So I guess we can be blunt as we want to be about fat men but we got to tiptoe around the issue when it concerns women.

Tbh, I'm surprised that the reaction is SO MUCH "um, no, absolutely not." I thought guys got a pass for being overweight. I don't disagree with the sentiments behind it and I don't think women should make concessions for overweight men, but I did think that the opinions would be consistent :lol: re men vs women. I thought, well we're so sensitive to the issue when it's women I bet no one will come out and say HAYELL NO ABSOLUTELY UNEQUIVOCALLY NO :lol:

Tbh, I'm surprised that the reaction is SO MUCH "um, no, absolutely not." I thought guys got a pass for being overweight. I don't disagree with the sentiments behind it and I don't think women should make concessions for overweight men, but I did think that the opinions would be consistent :lol: re men vs women. I thought, well we're so sensitive to the issue when it's women I bet no one will come out and say HAYELL NO ABSOLUTELY UNEQUIVOCALLY NO :lol:
And that men were "visual creatures" while women looked past a man's exterior and saw the true beauty lying below the surface. :spinning: :drunk:

Well damn I wonder if men are having these same chats and this must be the reason for no play for me..I will say Im not into the chunky guy either unless its well suited but I don't mean a dude who is sloppy but will solid but not a twig wearing skinny jeans..

I wouldnt care. Physical apperance isn't very important to me. If he is "perfect" for me, so what if hes fat. Sh*t than he can't say ish if I gain some weight. LOL and he probably knows some good restaurants.

D@mn fattys cant get no love @ LHCF LMAO

Some of ya are so hypocritical. If a man was asked if he would date an overweight/fat woman and he said he!! no,ya would be catching a case and rioting. I have dated the football player type once, but he was muscular and tall so the weight suited him, but I would never date obese men, because I'm very health conscious and want the man I'm with to care about his health too.

I don't mind guys that are stocky, but if you're 400+, I'm probably not going to be interested. I work out and like some athletic activities, and would like someone who is in decent shape to join me.

I don't mind guys that are stocky, but if you're 400+, I'm probably not going to be interested. I work out and like some athletic activities, and would like someone who is in decent shape to join me.

Oh, I just assumed we were talking Anthony Anderson fat....we are talking morbidly obese?

OMG, some of these answers had me rolling!!! Unfortunately I’m gonna have to take whats behind Door #2 :look:. I go to the gym every morning, so a guy that works out would be a little more what I’m looking for and I’m not talking about the kind of work out of “food to mouth”.:lachen:

If there is anything about a person that I find physically unappealing, I wouldn't be able to do it. I met a nice guy once who was very nice and seemed to be doing well for himself and he was fit. The thing that bugged me about him was his lips. They were thin (he's black) and it just bugged the heck outta me. I like full lips. Not over the top full lips, but it has to at least be as full as mine. After a couple of dates, he wanted to kiss me he wanted to get close and I could tell he wanted to move in for a kiss, and I just could not do it. I kept findign a way to keep my distance. And I don't think I went out with him after that.

And I know it would be (or should I say would have been since I'm married) the same way who was "ew" fat. I'd probably have a great time with that person, but the second I noticed he wanted to get intimate, I would find way to makes sure a certain amount of space was in between at all times.

And I think it just comes down to what is attrative to YOU. If you find something unattractive about someone, to the point that you can't see yourself being intimate (kissing, sex, etc), then that person is not for you. I don't know if the "Fake to You Make It" could work in this instance.

Some of ya are so hypocritical. If a man was asked if he would date an overweight/fat woman and he said he!! no,ya would be catching a case and rioting. I have dated the football player type once, but he was muscular and tall so the weight suited him, but I would never date obese men, because I'm very health conscious and want the man I'm with to care about his health too.

Absolutely not. I would totally respect his preferences.

Some women like big men- I'm not one of them.
Some men like big women and would consider me a twig and keep walking.
A preference is a preference- you can only speak for yourself.

I'd say YES but I have done this before. It didn't work out, his weight really affected his self esteem and personality.

And I couldn't find his thing.

Sent from my Fancy iPhone using LHCF. Please excuse the typos.

i'm confused. being a little chubby isn't a deal breaker for me, especially if he has a lot of other attributes that i find attractive. but if he is sloppy big, i can't get with that. he has to still be cute, sexy, and have a lot of swagger about himself.

some big men are a turn on to me. i love teddy bears.

Last edited:
i have dated a Mr. Big too. he was so sexy to me and he knew it. the women stayed in his face too. he was so on point and was a man that was about business.

ive dated a heavy hitter in my hey day...his pockets were heavy and he was heavy and handsome...he wasnt sloppy..and carried it well... and made sure everything else about him was meticulous...so it worked...

eta--- i ran into him the other day and he had "the surgery"...his appeal to me was totally different because he just looked regular so to speak..he even mentioned that he was more popular with the women when he was bigger vs now at his healthy weight...but did the surgery so he could change his lifestyle and be healthy...

i never posted in that thread :look: but i will admit i'm a hypocrite.:yep: i have no problem with fat women, find many of them beautiful. but fat men?:nono: fatness, for me, connotes femininity and because of that i typically don't view fat men as ''real'' men.:perplexed

i really wish i could say what i want without guaranteeing myself a spot in hell but that might be enough.:look:

This is a really interesting viewpoint.
I judge big men differently because men lose weight so easily. All they have to do is stop drinking beer and jog and it falls off, and fast. I feel like they have it far easier than women so have less reason to be fat. In short, I tend to feel they are lazy.

Sent from my Fancy iPhone using LHCF. Please excuse the typos.

Double Standard like a mugg up in this piece:

Kumbaya for the fat chicks but hell-2-the-no for the fat guys.

I wonder if guys sing this tune about their fat homies but hell-2-the-no for the fat gals.

But most of us aren't attratced to women so that can be why there's a difference in acceptance. Asking us is it ok to be overweight or whatever the question is or if we want to have sex with an overweight/obese person will yield different answers.

To answer the question, I am already willing to compromise on height I can't compromise on weight.

Sent from my DROID2 using DROID2

I was in this very situation years ago. My friend who was/is morbidly obese liked me. He was a great guy - had so many of the qualities I was looking for in a guy - honest, funny as hell, very outgoing, loved to have a good time and just a great person overall. But I could never get past his weight. At that time I was very much into staying in shape and wanted somebody who had the same mindset. And when I looked at him all I could do was imagine how things would be for him and me down the line - all the health issues that he would have. Fast forward about twenty years and unfortunately my worst fears for him turned out to be true. He is sick all the time with hypertension, diabetes, needs kidney and heart transplants... I love him as a friend and it hurts my heart to see him like this but I also imagine how much more it would hurt if he were my SO.

People are smart enough to realize I'm not talking about any actual person, aren't they? People aren't that stupid, right?

:lachen: I mean I wouldn't like it but Idk if it's a dealbreaker... I guess I haven't really thought about it that much. These days I'm so concerned with finding a guy I actually like that my looks requirements keep getting lost in the shuffle. I think to be honest if this was a real situation I had to deal with I'd probably spend a lot of the relationship redirecting and deflecting the sexual part of it :lol:

Hmmmm... well you think his face is gorgeous (despite the fat)
He is richie rich rich
He works in your preferred profession for a husband
He's over 6'0 tall (I know that's a nonnegotiable for some :look:)
He is so smart/stupid (whatever you're into :lol:)
His personality is exactly what you find most appealing and enduring in a partner
He gives fantastic :lick:
I would say he has a big dong but I think while the other things could all realistically be true that probably wouldn't be a physical likelihood :lol: but it in itself isn't a problem

Idk it's make believe :lol: he's perfect in every way you need a partner to be perfect

Back