• Yes..who cares

Votes: 61 22.5%
  • No..if I take care of myself I accept you to do the same

Votes: 144 53.1%
  • Maybe...elaborated

Votes: 66 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hee hee hee... my husband is a little "thick around the middle" ;) Part of the reason why it's not an issue is that his extra weight is concentrated in one part of his body. My husband lifts weights on a regular basis and has a well-developed torso, arms, and legs. If he were all/mostly fat with minimal muscle tone, I wouldn't have been as physically attracted to him. It might sound shallow, but I'm being 100% honest.

That part makes his lower abs towards his pubis soft and very humpable. :look:

yes. im not talking obese but chunky...yes. im curvy myself and i like em tall(im only 5 even) and thick. i need them to look like they can knock down mountains without being crazy built.

Interesting thread. I'm not exactly at my thinnest now either, but I still would want someone to date me. I probably wouldn't date a man who was obese but I could possibly deal with chubby :look: I tend to be attracted to avg build guys or even men on the thin side :perplexed I don't really have a type. But I would probably look better (and feel more "delicate") with a guy who was more muscular or slightly bigger. Anyhoo, I think it would be fun to workout with a guy and get in shape together. :yep:

I dunno people carry weight differently. You did say he was handsome so you find him attractive. So get to know him, give it a chance maybe you could be motivation to help him get healthier. Are you worried what other's would think by dating him? :look:
I still think Heavy D could so get it.

I would date a fat guy. My BF is fat and so am I. I enjoy the fact that we work out, spend time and attend church together. He is attrative college educated, has a job, house and a car. He loves to cook, clean and eat. He repects my mind and body. He accept me for all my imperfections.

A person can always lose weight with the right motivation.

I would. My friends call me a "chubby chaser" :lachen:. I just prefer men with a lil more meat on their bones. Most of my exes have had size to them. My last was 6'1 & 260.

Interesting

I like stocky men or a tad bit bigger...
Not fat !
But I like to lay on their bellies.
not retardly fat!
but ....also
i like to eat, they do too.. Im tall, and they are wide so .. its more room for both of us.. I like to feel the air..
Fat people always need to be cool..
and the dude must stay fresh b.c. he doesnt want to smell..

Also to look nice and be pleasantly port.. lol It cost money.
SO we will never be broke. lol

ok
thats enough of the similarities..

im sure you guys get it. lol

I dated a "fat" guy I guess..he was 5'10'' and 200 pounds i guess that isn't really fat but eh.
he was always sweaty..actually to give u an idea of how sweaty he was heres a pic at our recent graduation..

argh had to take down pic cuz i don't feel like resizing..but ya'll get my drift!

I like skinny but toned muscles..not too many muscles...
muscles=fat.
which is why football players, while they are fine fellows to look at, are almost always heavier in their latter years

Last edited:
Two words: Rodney Jerkins. His wife married him at his heaviest and he lost the weight and is finer than a MFer now. I thought he was a different person when I saw the new him. Finding someone with everything you want is a rarity especially in this day and age. He can always lose the weight thats something thats changable. But finding someone with everything you want on the inside, again? Thats like one in a million. If he's a good person in the inside who cares what he looks like on the outside. Just think about all these dumb as rocks Boris Kodjoe looking dudes. :ohwell:

it really depends on if you knew him way before he got overweight. Some people just let themselves go and if I'm sexy, that's not fair to me because I want to me able to show you off too lol.

What should you do? GET OVER IT and yourself! You have a chance to meet a man any woman would die for and you are acting hesitant b/c of something that can be managed and self-corrected? Think about this? Are you perfect? I doubt it so stop tripping and give a good brother a chance!!!!

QUOTE=NinasLongAmbition;4247071]Ok so here's the situation, my bff has a friend that likes me, he is everything I would want in a guy but he is fat. He's handsome, goes to church, goal oriented, loves his family and knows how to treat a lady but I cant get over the fat thing, what should I do?[/QUOTE]

HERE HERE tell it!!!!!

Two words: Rodney Jerkins. His wife married him at his heaviest and he lost the weight and is finer than a MFer now. I thought he was a different person when I saw the new him. Finding someone with everything you want is a rarity especially in this day and age. He can always lose the weight thats something thats changable. But finding someone with everything you want on the inside, again? Thats like one in a million. If he's a good person in the inside who cares what he looks like on the outside. Just think about all these dumb as rocks Boris Kodjoe looking dudes. :ohwell:

err... i couldnt do it. esp if he had no interest in losing weight. excess fat is so disgusting to me. i couldnt imagine him touching me w. his pudgy hands and caressing my face w. his inflated fingers... eww..gross :perplexed

LMAOOOOOOO:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:....sorry but I think I'm gonna have to agree with you on that...I'd just be soo disgusted seeing him wiithout clothes too....

I would, because I am all a positive goal oriented, straight forward man. If the relationship moves further, and I knew his weight was going to affect his health long-term I would work with him to get down to a healthier size. cliche, but *Never judge a book by its cover, ladies* :nono::nono:

One of the best partners I ever had was a slightly chubby man whose father was the Ambassador to Somalia. He had skills!

Yup. It all depends on how he looks though...I have only seen about 5 fine arse fat men in my lifetime.

I would never date a man under 200. I am married now, but my crushes are are men like Faizon Love, Rick Ross, and the original lover...Heavy D!!!! Ruben Studdard makes me drool:look:

My husband tips the scales at 350. He has normal cholesterol and blood pressure. As of now he shows no risks other than weight for diabetes. Even his doctors have been amazed at how healthy he is. He could stand to lose a few pounds, but knows that under no circumstances is he allowed to go under the 200 lb. mark because I don't do "hungry" men.

I like muscle. I like muscles. I LIKE MUSCLES....

Yes it looks nice:grin: but its also a sign of health and wellness to me. I am very petite, eat healthy, exercise. I have alot of energy. I need someone that can keep up with me. I dont like laziness and you can't come around me eating Sh*t!

No. I even stated that I want a fat clause in a pre-nup if I ever get married and dh decided to pack on the pounds. :perplexed

Back