Would You Ever Date Someone In A Wheelchair?

caribeandiva

Human being
I don't mean someone you already knew or were in a relationship with BEFORE they became physically handicapped. What if he looked like a professional athlete, good personality, had money, and his junk worked just fine? Looks as good Rafael Solano from Jane the virgin:

IMG_3656.GIF

I got the idea for this thread when I met a dude like that earlier. It was strictly business but it got me thinking if I would do it or not. How about YOU ladies? Have you dated or married someone who was already handicapped when you met them? Or would that be a no-go in your book?

I wouldn't. Crazy story alert: a former coworker dated a guy in a wheelchair and he used to abuse her. I was like how tha hell??? I said girl you should literally walk away. She eventually left dude but would still take care of him when he couldnt find a care taker. Her self esteem was trash tho, she was about 100lbs overweight and ended up having wls, lost weight and married a former crackhead who relasped shortly after the wedding.

I wouldn't. Crazy story alert: a former coworker dated a guy in a wheelchair and he used to abuse her. I was like how tha hell??? I said girl you should literally walk away. She eventually left dude but would still take care of him when he couldnt find a care taker. Her self esteem was trash tho, she was about 100lbs overweight and ended up having wls, lost weight and married a former crackhead who relasped shortly after the wedding.
Homegirl didn't need weight loss surgery. I think therapy would've been a better investment. Lawwddd...

No, I would not. I do not have the aptitude or desire to care for a disabled man. It would be different if he got into an accident while we were together. Then, I would have to put my shallowness aside and really evaluate things to make a decision. I kind of feel like if I were willing to abandon a spouse that's been in an accident, I probably never really loved them all along and vice versa.

No thanks...

One of my buddies got paralyzed on his 21st bday. He's about 6'3 and very handsome... nice build and everything. He gets a lot of women (he's attractive and his game is strong) and "it"doesn't even work. :look:
29o0bxd.gif

I wouldn't. It would be different if after we got together he became paralyzed but I wouldn't do it before (unless we were like coworkers or something and relationship grew and deepened as we worked together) but I honestly don't ever see something like that happening. Same goes for midgets. I actually had a midget contact me online.... no thank you.

This may sound awful since my husband is currently considered legally disabled because of his health condition......but, no. I wouldn't. I can't see myself doing the caregiver thing for a new guy that wants to date me. Doesn't seem like fun. :look:

My husband and I had been together 26 years before his health started to decline. It was a no-brainer for me to take on the caregiver role. I won't do this for any other man. It's not worth the time and effort to me. Sorry.

We could be friends though! :pulpdance:

Wheelchair, probably not. But I wouldn't rule out all disabilities - like if he was deaf or an amputee or something. It would depend on the circumstances, his independence, and his mental health

Amputee would be cool. I work with a guy who is a lower leg amputee. He gets around like it's nothing. Been doing it for over 20 years.

See, I wouldn't be a caregiver for him right out the gate. He's just a guy with a disability.

Welp...judging by the comments in this thread, I better get used to gaining a white daughter-in-law.

@IronButterfly During my first hospital stay my black male friend said: "Well, the white boys always liked you. Maybe they'll feel like they have a shot now." He was joking, but it really hurt my feelings and had me questioning my "worth." The ladies on the board "got me together" real quick! Lol

Disabilities affect us all so differently, that I'm glad it weeds out some people. I don't want someone to be with me out of pity or feel resentment because of my health challenges. And I certainly don't want someone to take advantage.

Based on your previous posts, I think your son will have many genuine relationships with black women. He will be intelligent with an independent thought process that will intrigue.

How old is your son now? He's not 10 yet, right?

@IronButterfly During my first hospital stay my black male friend said: "Well, the white boys always liked you. Maybe they'll feel like they have a shot now." He was joking, but it really hurt my feelings and had me questioning my "worth." The ladies on the board "got me together" real quick! Lol

Disabilities affect us all so differently, that I'm glad it weeds out some people. I don't want someone to be with me out of pity or feel resentment because of my health challenges. And I certainly don't want someone to take advantage.

Based on your previous posts, I think your son will have many genuine relationships with black women. He will be intelligent with an independent thought process that will intrigue.

How old is your son now? He's not 10 yet, right?
lol I was just yanking ya'll's chains! My boy is 8 and hardly notices the differences between boys and girls. But I will say, he is kind of smitten over the new Mexican pca, so ya never know! lol

Back