Have you ever, or would you ever date a broke man?

I dated a broke man when I was a student (and he wasn't "student broke" because he was about 5 years older; it just took me a second to wise up). And what he taught me is that I wouldn't do again. For what? It's annoying when a broke man is trying to get you to commit or talk about marriage. It sounds like a threat, really.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I dated a broke man when I was a student (and he wasn't "student broke" because he was about 5 years older; it just took me a second to wise up). And what he taught me is that I wouldn't do again. For what? It's annoying when a broke man is trying to get you to commit or talk about marriage. It sounds like a threat, really.

Wow. I just got out of a very similar situation. I'm in college, my ex was 7 years older. I don't think I ever thought of him as "broke" because we went out all the time. But towards the end, when I realized that I was pursuing a career and he seemed to be content with just a job, that's when I had to say, "oh no, honey" (well, among other reasons, but that was a big one.) I asked him when I first started school if he would be OK with me making more money than him if we got married and he said, "Well, yeah, that's what you're going to school for." I should have got out then! :lachen:

So in short, no lol. Never again.

In the past I have dated broke men no car,no job etc.Now I would only consider a man who if not finacially on point has the go getter mentality has a vision and have the muscle to make things happen..I can't stand with every fiber of my being and my soul a man who feels entitled yet had no desire to work..you never know who you got even when you find them not where they want to be..at times women can be that catalyst as they say behind every great man is a greater woman who was loving and nurturing but didn't take no ish.

Yes, and thankfully he was in Med school so I understood I was in my 20's so it was ok. He had his own place and all, he was just the typical broke college kid. But at my age now? Hell no! He doesn't have to be rolling in dough, no, but can't be spongin off of me.

I won't date a lazy man either. Thank goodness my husband and I are on the same level with that. We can't be with lazy folk.

-A

If you have your money and he doesn't have his, no, you don't need that strain, life is challenging enough.

Back