Would you consider dating/marrying a man who use to sleep with men but found "God"..

Re: Would you consider dating/marrying a man who use to sleep with men but found "God

See my cousin's husband revealed to her an incident in his past. I was like what. I wasnt shocked because certain things he did made me thing he was iffy, but then when I found out he put his hands on her.......I already knew it. I am a believer that a man who beats and degrades women is fighting with homosexuality issues, he may not have acted on it but trust they are their. How can you beat a women, but is passive with your "boys" whatever! So when I said my thoughts, she revealed his past to me. Nail on a head.

they are now seperated for about 4 months, different states, thank goodness.

Oh wow. You got me thinking now.....

Re: Would you consider dating/marrying a man who use to sleep with men but found "God

Nope. I don't believe people can change their sexuality. I also don't consider homosexuality a sin. I don't pretend to know what God is thinking. No one would have to lie to me about their sexuality because it wouldnt matter at all to me. And I am a life long Catholic. And straight.

Suerte me and you are >>>>here<<<<

In most cases I dont think being gay/bi is a choice. Either you are or you aren't. If he was gay and "changed because of God" I wouldn't believe him. Maybe he's not a slut anymore (a lot of gay men start out like that from being supressed in thier false straithood) but I know he's still is attracted to men in that way..... I'd think he wanted me as a trohpy wife to show his fam and church "look, she's a woman. I told you I'm not gay anymore."

However MYSELF.... I wouldn't marry a man saying that "God" changed him from being bisexual. But if a guy I was going to marry said that he is bisexual but wants to be married and faithful to only me, I'd consider it. I'm bisexual and I know that I can be monogamous 100%. I hate this association with infidelity and bisexuality. The two do not go hand in hand. People need to get over that lil stereotype. A bisexual man who is comfortable enough to TELL his woman that he is bisexual... is not the typicall sex party HIV slangin' screw everybody bisexual. He's comfotable in who he is, loves who he is, will protect himself no matter WHO the partner is, and is honest with his partners.

That would you date/marry a bisexual man tickled me pink. Cuz people date/marry bisexuals ALL THE TIME without knowing it.

if that is the case, maybe be grateful for a man who had the courage and godly conviction to be honest about it and own up to it....
Own up? Um how did your friend's husband "own up" by trapping her into marriage first and only then telling her? Owning up would have been telling her at a very early point.

I don't care who the man is or about all this "love" business. The day that fool tells me he likes (and yes, I'm using present tense b/c I don't believe in all this "ex'-homo stuff) dyck is the day I beat him upside his head and end the lie he made me live with his gay ***.

Own up? Um how did your friend's husband "own up" by trapping her into marriage first and only then telling her? Owning up would have been telling her at a very early point.

I don't care who the man is or about all this "love" business. The day that fool tells me he likes (and yes, I'm using present tense b/c I don't believe in all this "ex'-homo stuff) dyck is the day I beat him upside his head and end the lie he made me live with his gay ***.
da hell:lachen:..that part was funny as hell!

See my cousin's husband revealed to her an incident in his past. I was like what. I wasnt shocked because certain things he did made me thing he was iffy, but then when I found out he put his hands on her.......I already knew it. I am a believer that a man who beats and degrades women is fighting with homosexuality issues, he may not have acted on it but trust they are their. How can you beat a women, but is passive with your "boys" whatever! So when I said my thoughts, she revealed his past to me. Nail on a head.
Damn, you have a seriously good head on your shoulders, Tenjoy. This is a fascinating and important point. Ima keep this one in mind. (Even though I would never deal with a mutha****a who abuses women regardless of his sexuality.)

I wholeheartedly agree with you that sooner would have certainly been better. At the time my sisfriend did find out, she had a decision to make and she made a decision. She made a very courageous decision to stay in her marriage.... She took courage to continue to honor her vows.... I admire her courage....

I think that we should be careful about what it means to make a choice and to hold firm to that choice and not to project our struggles of a particular choice on somebody else. In other words, we should not arbitrarily put doubt on a person who may have struggled with homosexuality and has made a CHOICE to not entertain those activities/lifestyle because YOU (in general, not in particular) may be engaging and/or struggling with the same issues...that it is a hopeless case that a person can turn into another direction....

From a spiritual standpoint, a person can change.... Plus, I don't believe that the *Creator (Lord God Jesus Christ) would create a being with a...how can I say... a behavior/characteristic (for lack of better terms) that the Bible emphatically state is an abomination to Him.

(*I acknowledge the OP's statement about not being a Christian. I am responding from my personal perspective. Also respectfully noted to whomever else the non-Christian viewpoint applies).

LMBAO

what.....HELLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZ NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Im gonna borrow this from Whitney and say- Hell to da naw!!!!!!!!:nono:

NO NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONNONONONONONONONONON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i second all those NO's!

i wouldn't trust him. he was that way for a reason :nono:

No way.:nono:

I'd give him a couple of points for telling me about his past though. Most men probably wouldn't.

The fact that he slept with men and is apparently bisexual would bother me a lot less than his assertion about "finding G-d" and therefore being "cured" or changed. That assertion would preclude him having any sort of relationship with me. I would politely drop him like a hot potato.

I think to much and the last thing I need is to be looking at my man imagining him giving oral or in doggie style. I would drop him and run. And if I was in a relationship with one and he bust out and told me I would sweep cag him and DDT his a$$ and he would never hear from me again.

Uh no I'd be too tempted to stick my finger, a weiner, a pipe, a stick etc up his *** whenever he pissed me off:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Uh I know I ain't ****!:spinning:

I know all the other ladies said it before but....

N-O.....NO!!!!!!

southern tease: your hair looks great!

I think to much and the last thing I need is to be looking at my man imagining him giving oral or in doggie style. I would drop him and run. And if I was in a relationship with one and he bust out and told me I would sweep cag him and DDT his a$$ and he would never hear from me again.
She said sweep cag and DDT!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:Now I know you a wrestling fan! Nobody mess with MariposaSexyGirl!

I probably wouldn't

HELLLLLLLLL NO! i didn't even need to read the main post or the thread. the title alone was enough. i'm about as liberal as you can get so i do not think that kind of change is possible. you are who you are. it's one thing to be bisexual and realise you date/have sex with both genders (or merely "experimenting") - i'm fine with that. but being a repressed gay and saying "finding" god turned you straight reeks of straight (no pun intended) up self-delusion on his part and yours (in the general use of the word) if you choose to be with him. in essence, imo, anybody who does this is knowingly sleeping with a man who is gay and is ashamed and trying to ignore his true self. can the couple be happy? i suppose so but there will still always be that shady element there of him not truly being who he is.

You should post this in the Christian forum since it's about God's Power.

:yep:

I'm sure that the forgiving nature of Christians and their faith that God cleanses all and that prayer changes things and people would make every answer from a Christian be "Yes. I love the Lord and trust in His power. I know that his faith has changed this man and I will walk in the Light of the Lord with my husband because I too have faith that God will protect us. God wouldn't have sent me this man if it wasn't meant to be."

However MYSELF.... I wouldn't marry a man saying that "God" changed him from being bisexual. But if a guy I was going to marry said that he is bisexual but wants to be married and faithful to only me, I'd consider it. I'm bisexual and I know that I can be monogamous 100%. I hate this association with infidelity and bisexuality. The two do not go hand in hand. People need to get over that lil stereotype. A bisexual man who is comfortable enough to TELL his woman that he is bisexual... is not the typicall sex party HIV slangin' screw everybody bisexual. He's comfotable in who he is, loves who he is, will protect himself no matter WHO the partner is, and is honest with his partners.

That would you date/marry a bisexual man tickled me pink. Cuz people date/marry bisexuals ALL THE TIME without knowing it.

right. imo, this is not about dating bisexuals. this is about certain men who know they are gay and have had gay experiences but are ultimately ashamed and trying to turn to religion to "heal" them. i believe sexuality is innate. you can experiment with the opposite sex without being totally gay and vice versa - we all know these people are out there trough all the fake "lesbians" straight women who like to try things with other girls in clubs etc - at the end of the day though they have their relationships with men.

the difference between being openly bisexual and saying god "cured" you of your homosexuality is that one is in clear denial and ashamed. would i date/marry a bisexual? well, why not? i wouldn't assume they had more stds or were less monogamous than hetro people. but would i date/marry a man who has been living his life as a repressed gay and felt so ashamed that he needs to lie to himself and others that he is now cured of his "illness"? nope. no way in hell.

Last edited:

Absolutely NOT!

right. imo, this is not about dating bisexuals. this is about certain men who know they are gay and have had gay experiences but are ultimately ashamed and trying to turn to religion to "heal" them. i believe sexuality is innate. you can experiment with the opposite sex without being totally gay and vice versa - we all know these people are out there trough all the fake "lesbians" straight women who like to try things with other girls in clubs etc - at the end of the day though they have their relationships with men.

the difference between being openly bisexual and saying god "cured" you of your homosexuality is that one is in clear denial and ashamed. would i date/marry a bisexual? well, why not? i wouldn't assume they had more stds or were less monogamous than hetro people. but would i date/marry a man who has been living his life as a repressed gay and felt so ashamed that he needs to lie to himself and others that he is now cured of his "illness"? nope. no way in hell.

:yep: I like your brain. Your posts are always good.....

Aren't there homosexuals who have consider themselves as having "found" GOD?

How would this make them less homosexual? :ohwell:

No. Although I think its great to find God and change your ways, Im a living testimony that those desires dont go away. Its a daily struggle to not resort to old ways.
I still struggle with desires to
marijuana.gif
:fat::pinocchio:210::look::nono:
Poetist, you are tellin the truth right here. I have to pray and ask God to order my steps daily.

I say it would be too risky....NO!

and changed?? :look:

Ummm....no.

God doesn't kill curiosity and attractions. "He" may help you curb them or not ACT on certain things, but finding god isn't going to make that go away.

AND, if you're interested in men (sexually, physically, emotionally or financially) there is nothing I can say or do to snap that (nor would I want to).

So Nope. No thanks. Too many men...

Back