Short Guys....(5'3" And Shorter)

Do you wear heels? Like around him? Does it bother him?

I've noticed some couples really buzz off this aspect :look:. When a slim woman is with a shortish man it often makes her look modelesque when in heels and in some cases receiving more attention as a trophy. The short man gets increased status because he managed to pull a long legged beauty. It's kinda mutually beneficial for some, in terms of ego boosts anyway.

I'm shorter than my husband but my brothers are taller than he. Pediatrician says it looks like some of our kids will be taller than both of us but none are likely to be as tall as my bros.

Last edited:
When I attempted online dating, a 5'3" Kappa hit me up on 2 different sites-Match and OKC, I'm 5'11". I usually ignore unwanted messages, but he was persistent, so I had to let him know that, 1. I was uninterested and 2. I was offended that he even bothered to message me. He said that I shouldn't assume he was looking to date, he was only interested in friendship :eh:forgive me for thinking that a man who contacts me on a dating site is interested in dating.....I have no interest in diluting this Amazonian gene pool I'm working with over here :hand:. I did feel kinda bad for him though.

Yearsssssssssssssssssss ago I messed with a dude that was about 5'4/5'5 ... I'm 5'6. He is a tiny thing. I came across him on IG and he's still a tiny thing just his body has filled out a little more. When he stands next to other people it's kinda sad to look at. He has to stand next to a short woman and when he stands next to a man it's a sight to see. Nonetheless, he has no shortage of women to pick and choose from.

I remember when we dated, I tried on his shoes and couldn't fit them and I tried on a sweater and the sleeves were too young :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I feel for women online. I saw him recently on POF and he listed his height as 5'8 ! I'd be pissed if I was an unsuspecting woman and saw this fly dressed to the 9s little man in front of me.

Yearsssssssssssssssssss ago I messed with a dude that was about 5'4/5'5 ...

I feel for women online. I saw him recently on POF and he listed his height as 5'8 ! I'd be pissed if I was an unsuspecting woman and saw this fly dressed to the 9s little man in front of me.

Told y'all!!! Always subtract 2+ inches from a man's height online if he's under 5"10

That way if you meet him, you won't want to punch him In the face for misleading you...

Told y'all!!! Always subtract 2+ inches from a man's height online if he's under 5"10

That way if you meet him, you won't want to punch him In the face for misleading you...

Me too! Most men I've met online are shorter than their height especially if they are under 6'0. Only the tall ones are just about the height listed. When I see a dude put 5'10, I think more like 5'8. I've met a few alleged 6'0 footers who really aren't.

I'm 6ft tall. The shortest guy I've dated is 5'8. That didn't last long. Most of my exes were taller than me. I prefer guys who are my height or taller. If he's 5'11" I don't mind.

Me too! Most men I've met online are shorter than their height especially if they are under 6'0. Only the tall ones are just about the height listed. When I see a dude put 5'10, I think more like 5'8. I've met a few alleged 6'0 footers who really aren't.
5'10/5'11 isn't even a bad height...but i think like being the perfect C cup for boobs, most men want to be 6'0ft or more

my dad is a tiny man..
5'3 . my mum is taller than him..

he loved it when she wore heels back in the day (she can't now because of mobility problems

I'm 5' 2.5 so its rare to find a guy shorter than me, but I've dated plenty guys around the 5'4/5'5 range and in general they like girls to wear heals
I find the borderline guys tend to be the ones that have the issue.. the 5'6/5'8 guys.. with women wearing heels and being potentially taller than them

Shorter than me, he'd be a midget :lol:. Im 5'0 and will date short since im not procreating anymore but the downward limit is 5'4.

This south America white guy at work cant be taller than 5'2 keeps cornering me. No. That's short even for me.

I feel bad not dating short men since I have the female equivalent: A cups. Oh well lol I found me someone taller than me. I guess guys are little more relaxed with bust size then women are with height.

My daughter's father was shorter than me. I was 5'5 he was maybe 5'4. It bothered me at first but then I got over it. Never dated a guy that short again tho. The shortest after him was 5'9 which of course was taller than me...but imo any guy who is 5 anything is short. Dh is 6'4.

I've noticed a lot of surprisingly short men lately. They are mostly Hispanic and Asian. One guy had to be 5 feet tall, but he was perfectly proportionate (no big head) with normal-looking muscles and everything.

I'm sorry y'all. I'm 5'5.5". I cannot date, nor do I find myself interested in, a man shorter than 6'2". I find myself interested in two men, and it was their height that pulled me in. I just feel safer with a larger and taller man.

It's hard for a man to get my attention, but I eventually found myself attracted to two men. One is a US Army officer who stands 6'4" and the other is an IT person who stands 6'7". I ended up dating the latter.

They've both hugged me and I felt very safe from the hugs! The Army officer has muscles bulging through his uniforms! The other dude is just HUGE! Their hugs made me feel safe and protected, like if we're out and about and some sort of physical altercation occurs from some out-of-the-way man, both these men would be able to protect me.

For me it's a matter of personal security. I MUST feel safe with my man.

I could apologize for not leaving the taller men for the taller women, but let's be real here. I refuse to apologize because men want who they want and it has very little to do with us.

Initially, a man is attracted to a woman's physical characteristics. That means they are attracted to a woman of a certain height and a certain weight as are we women towards men. That's what pulls them into us.

My late husband was 6' tall and he and I were very much in love for the duration of our marriage. His height was of no significance to me. However, I have evolved and when I started dating, I'd get irritated when a mean under 6'2" would approach me.

I used to work in advertising, a male dominated environment. Customers respond positively to taller and more attractive males. They are more successful in the industry. What I witnessed in the industry is that shorter men more often that not, carried a bit of resentment...felt threatened over the success experienced by the taller, more attractive males.

Then I learned that this applies in life, more often than not. Shorter men behave aggressively, whether active of passive, as if they must prove that short men have it 'going on' too. They often have a level of insecurity in the presence of taller men.

I could go on about what I've seen over the 51 years I've been on the Earth. ...like when I grew up some of the shorter men's insecurities caused them to be physically and/or emotionally abusive to their women.

But since this post is already too long, I'll end it here LOL!

Love to all my sistahs!

@prettylady6464 LOL, girl you sound like me. First question out of my mouth "how tall are you?" I'm not too keen on hugs, but cuddles....I love cuddles. I love to bury myself in chests. lmao
Exactly! Height is a big deal for me! And, I have to feel like they could just smother me with love just from a hug! Cuddles are veeeeery nice too :)

At first I preferred men around a foot taller. Now I don't care. I did started dating a guy shorter than men once and I went shopping for flats. I didn't own a single pair. I love three-inch heels but rarely wear them anymore. Sometimes it's really nice when he is close to my height. I like it if he is my height or taller with me wearing three-inch heels.

Back