Wife School - I Know Ya'll Saw This Yesterday...

14717209_177231939398116_6486736123704650993_n.jpg

Don't front like some of us haven't given this advice tho

I don't understand why women care so much about making their man happy? Especially as a wife? Wife school? Meaning figuring out how to be a better wife to your husband? lmao who cares? It's not like he's gonna divorce you because you run your mouth too much, etc. And if he's gonna cheat, he's gonna cheat regardless of how silent you are, etc. Mine as well (yes lmao) do you lol. I guess if you're (the WIFE) unhappy with your marriage/want him to do something, etc then adjustments should be made. But what the hell does that have to do with the WIFE? If that's the case...you want him to respond/act differently about something...he should be in HUSBAND school, no? *** I look like taking a class so somebody else can do something differently? lmaooooo.

Clearly I'm not married :lachen: he's annoyed? LMAOOOO who gives a ***? ego? I don't know what that is lmaoooooo. I'd come home like yea nicca look at all this money I made today at my bomb ass job yeaaaaa nicca now EAT THE CAKE ANNAMAE and sit on his face and dare him to say I'm annoying. ***.

I hope 1 day I get to experience a man coming out of his face at me with the "You don't make me feel like a man, I need to be a man, you need to let me be man" foolishness. So I can bust out laffin in his face and record it and put it on youtube lmao. I can't wait yall.
Yo, whyyyyyy are you never at our meetups?!

What I don't buy is it being men who naturally respond in a good and positive manner to treatment, so women need to learn how to treat them nicely, but it not being the case that women naturally respond in a good and positive manner to treatment, so men don't need to make any self-initiated effort to do shish. I don't buy it, and the idea is offensive to me. I hate this 1-sided deal where women are contorting themselves and taking all these purposeful steps to some nicety manipulative ends while there's no belief that men need to do the same. Or maybe I'm wrong. There are probably boards out there teaching men how to check their hos or something, to get them to act right.

Yo, whyyyyyy are you never at our meetups?!

:lol: I be half way in the meet up threads pondering sometime. I think i actually responded to 1? Couldn't make it? Or maybe that was a dream lol. I do much better with small meetups. Ive met a few folks from the board. Is there a meet up soon?

What I don't buy is it being men who naturally respond in a good and positive manner to treatment, so women need to learn how to treat them nicely, but it not being the case that women naturally respond in a good and positive manner to treatment, so men don't need to make any self-initiated effort to do shish. I don't buy it, and the idea is offensive to me. I hate this 1-sided deal where women are contorting themselves and taking all these purposeful steps to some nicety manipulative ends while there's no belief that men need to do the same. Or maybe I'm wrong. There are probably boards out there teaching men how to check their hos or something, to get them to act right.
Yes. It feels insulting and patronizing. And naaw I not sitting in no dark house without light or water and smiling at you. Each person should playnto their strenghs imo. Dh took over bill paying because I suck at it. But to each his own and ymmv etc

Omg this is actual advice given!? What?! Maybe this is what my mom did? Cuz ish used to get turned off and ish used to leave us due to non payment. When there was no reason for this to happen! And my mom would be looking at my dad like sooo what now? And he'd pay it and itd get turned back on.

But yall. He is STILL like this, to this day! That does not work for everyone. My dad is an engineer and he is the sweetest guy I know and boring and goes to work and comes home. But he does not and will never care about paying bills on time because something may get cut off. Please! Maybe in my mom's dreams! For the entirety of my childhood this ish happened. And dumb ish STILL be happening! I be like howwwww are yall going out to eat every day (literally) and yall got turn off notices by the thousands! Like hello yall car insurance is overdue like 3yrs and yall are taking a vacation where?!

As an adult, me and my dad have joked about paying bills. My dad has said to me that he doesn't like paying bills (rotflllll) and they will get the money when they get it (ahhhhhh!) and that he's just gonna negotiate and pay the minimum due :rofl: I mean. I be stunned into silence and laughter! He be buying my mom ****, bills piled tf up!

I've asked my mom: so daddy doesn't care about late fees? Cuz you know, if you pay on time, it's overall cheaper *perplexed af*. She just laughs. Like ***** no I'm serious yall are ****** retarded!!

They be giving me just because money and having their cable shut off!!! Re.tard.ed. Not because they ain't got money. They do! He just don't be feeling like paying! :thud:

And my dad is like socially awkward and reclusive. And he is the sole reason I am anti dating engineers. Got all the money and zero financial acumen. Just no. I wouldn't try this with autistic people. It just doesn't work. They don't care for whatever autistic reason and will continue living like this for eternity. I am amazed that this advice is given to any woman in 2016 with all the money and men at her disposal. Insanity.

I am flabbergasted that someone may have given my mom that advice! I hate those people for her! :nono: I would NEVER you hear me never sit my ass in the dark waiting for someone to pay a damb bill when I got the money sitting right here. foolishness. Hate me, cheat on me, let's end this cuz that would never work for me. The only person I love that much is myself. bye.

Re let the car run out of gas: that, too! The stupid niccas be driving on EEEEE car be struggling like damn nicca can I get some food?! Dad be like no, you good :thud: I would terrified the car would stop when he'd pick me up from school :nono:

When I moved out years ago, my mom was sad that I was leaving and couldn't understand why I was leaving. :rofl: HELLO! because I cannot live like this! Because yall are "special" and deserve each other! Good riddance lmao.

Omg this is actual advice given!? What?! Maybe this is what my mom did? Cuz ish used to get turned off and ish used to leave us due to non payment. When there was no reason for this to happen! And my mom would be looking at my dad like sooo what now? And he'd pay it and itd get turned back on.

But yall. He is STILL like this, to this day! That does not work for everyone. My dad is an engineer and he is the sweetest guy I know and boring and goes to work and comes home. But he does not and will never care about paying bills on time because something may get cut off. Please! Maybe in my mom's dreams! For the entirety of my childhood this ish happened. And dumb ish STILL be happening! I be like howwwww are yall going out to eat every day (literally) and yall got turn off notices by the thousands! Like hello yall car insurance is overdue like 3yrs and yall are taking a vacation where?!

As an adult, me and my dad have joked about paying bills. My dad has said to me that he doesn't like paying bills (rotflllll) and they will get the money when they get it (ahhhhhh!) and that he's just gonna negotiate and pay the minimum due :rofl: I mean. I be stunned into silence and laughter! He be buying my mom ****, bills piled tf up!

I've asked my mom: so daddy doesn't care about late fees? Cuz you know, if you pay on time, it's overall cheaper *perplexed af*. She just laughs. Like ***** no I'm serious yall are ****** retarded!!

They be giving me just because money and having their cable shut off!!! Re.tard.ed. Not because they ain't got money. They do! He just don't be feeling like paying! :thud:

And my dad is like socially awkward and reclusive. And he is the sole reason I am anti dating engineers. Got all the money and zero financial acumen. Just no. I wouldn't try this with autistic people. It just doesn't work. They don't care for whatever autistic reason and will continue living like this for eternity. I am amazed that this advice is given to any woman in 2016 with all the money and men at her disposal. Insanity.

I am flabbergasted that someone may have given my mom that advice! I hate those people for her! :nono: I would NEVER you hear me never sit my ass in the dark waiting for someone to pay a damb bill when I got the money sitting right here. foolishness. Hate me, cheat on me, let's end this cuz that would never work for me. The only person I love that much is myself. bye.

Re let the car run out of gas: that, too! The stupid niccas be driving on EEEEE car be struggling like damn nicca can I get some food?! Dad be like no, you good :thud: I would terrified the car would stop when he'd pick me up from school :nono:

When I moved out years ago, my mom was sad that I was leaving and couldn't understand why I was leaving. :rofl: HELLO! because I cannot live like this! Because yall are "special" and deserve each other! Good riddance lmao.
My dad is/was like this. Now stuff isn't getting cut off because my mom not my stepmom would let it, he would wait to the last possible second to pay and he got the money! So he pays for my lil sis apartment while she is in school. We in the DR on a family vacation and he ain't paid her move out fee or some mess. She told him to pay it before we left. Did he pay it? Nope. We in the dr trying to find wifi and cellphone service to pay it. Then we couldn't pay it online, so we were calling the people trying to get it straightened out. WHY DIDNT YOU PAY IT BEFORE WE LEFT THE STATES DAD?!?! Just foolishness lol.

Last edited:

If it doesn't bother your mother then what business is it of yours? Now I wouldn't be sitting in the dark for 30 yrs because I believe in hitting folks where it hurts. Some men can be shamed into doing the right thing, others need more punitive methods. Either way after 1-2 times you have to either deal with it because he isnt going to change or bounce.

If it doesn't bother your mother then what business is it of yours? Now I wouldn't be sitting in the dark for 30 yrs because I believe in hitting folks where it hurts. Some men can be shamed into doing the right thing, others need more punitive methods. Either way after 1-2 times you have to either deal with it because he isnt going to change or bounce.

Absolutely! If she likes it, I love it. I don't care, I don't live with them. I just laugh from afar cuz I think its foolish. My point was what you said: that doesn't work for everyone, so proceed with caution. And that if I were in that situation (bill is late, let him deal with it, cuz lessons), he would just have to be sad. I'd rather him be sad with everything on, than happy with ish turned off.

Absolutely! If she likes it, I love it. I don't care, I don't live with them. I just laugh from afar cuz I think its foolish. My point was what you said: that doesn't work for everyone, so proceed with caution. And that if I were in that situation (bill is late, let him deal with it, cuz lessons), he would just have to be sad. I'd rather him be sad with everything on, than happy with ish turned off.
Agreed. Unless I'm dealing with someone with some type of mental health issue there will be a finite # of times that I'm going to deal with something like that.

This reminds me of a book I read along time ago called Let Me Be a Woman. Written by a white evangelical Christian woman. Anyway, she had a chapter about how the electricity got cut off and instead of complaining, she set up a candlelight dinner. When her dh got home he didn't realize the lights were off at first because she made the best of it. When he finally figured it out, he was touched by her support or something like that. The point was not to draw attention to his shortcomings.

I can see that if we're young and struggling (I think they were when that happened) and he's working hard and is sufficiently devastated for putting you in that situation ONE TIME. But habitually? Nah.

This reminds me of a book I read along time ago called Let Me Be a Woman. Written by a white evangelical Christian woman. Anyway, she had a chapter about how the electricity got cut off and instead of complaining, she set up a candlelight dinner. When her dh got home he didn't realize the lights were off at first because she made the best of it. When he finally figured it out, he was touched by her support or something like that. The point was not to draw attention to his shortcomings.

I can see that if we're young and struggling (I think they were when that happened) and he's working hard and is sufficiently devastated for putting you in that situation ONE TIME. But habitually? Nah.

Fascinating Womanhood calls attention to a similar topic but the point was to draw attention to his shortcomings. Force him to fix them without being emasculating.

I know one thing I'm not going to live in poverty with an able bodied man next to me.

I think like all situations, it depends on the person. I remember once in college, there was this guy I was flirting with. My friend's car broke down, battery issue, she needed a jump. I knew how to do it, guy was tryna figure it out/doing it wrong, we needed to get somewhere and I was like, ain't nobody got time fo that, so I just did it.

I remember telling my friend that I had emasculated him and he probably wouldn't want me anymore, but at the same time, I wouldn't have had to do it if he knew what to do. So again, everybody ain't able, you can't let any ole negro be the alpha male when he doesn't know how to alpha male :lol:

I consider myself lucky to have turned into a hopeful romantic in my old age. I love my husband. He has upgraded my life in ways I didn't know I needed an upgrade. Got me out here luvin on bees and ****. :2inlove: So I'm pretty invested in tryna make him happy. I'm very much a reciprocator with people in general in that if I see where you're trying to do for me or help me out I feel compelled to do nice things for you.

With all the mouf I got on me, I was able to check off everything on that Wife School list of stuff that I don't do because as @hopeful says, I have a man who covers me. That ain't to say that I don't struggle with a couple of those things tho. :look:

The issue with these wife school principles is that every man ain't worthy. Also, I'm a little puzzled since I noticed folks took exception at the concept of a man taming his wife but 90% of ya'll polled said you were dealing/only dealt with Alpha males and keeping folks in line is at the top of their to-do list.

Your last paragraph is key. This woman is crazy, but still, women are out here trying to bend, twist and shake for a man that ain't worth ****. And also correct, everybody ain't got an alpha. You might think he's an alpha, until he gets around some alphas. :lol:
Being honest with yourself about what you've got will take you a long way. Lol. I also love the first part of your post. Your relationship sounds awesome!

Yeeeessssss to the bolded. I especially see moms making this mistake and then wondering why their dh never helps with the kids. Who cares if he fastens the diaper a half inch to the left of where you normally fasten it? Who cares if the baby's socks don't match?

I learned pretty quick that trusting your partner to do things makes them more likely to do things. It's simple but so many of us miss it and create a mother/son environment with our husbands.

I tried to explain this to my friend who may not have taken my advice seriously because Im not in her position but she complains about every. single. thing. her husband does. So guess what? At this point, he does nothing. When she gets off from work and home with the kids, he is taking a nap. :lol: :look: Now she complains that he does nothing and I always ask myself why he would bother if you are gonna redo it or complain anyway.

Recently, at a birthday party for her son we were getting ready to sing happy birthday to the baby and hubby lit the candle. She marches over to the table, blows it out, and says I didnt say now.

All the guests, including myself, stood there like :eek:

No comment on the rest of this garbage :lol:

I'm picturing myself with some candies eating dinner with dh

Trying to be supportive and keeping it cute and peaceful lmaoooooooo

Ummmmmmmm lolol

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I tried to explain this to my friend who may not have taken my advice seriously because Im not in her position but she complains about every. single. thing. her husband does. So guess what? At this point, he does nothing. When she gets off from work and home with the kids, he is taking a nap. :lol: :look: Now she complains that he does nothing and I always ask myself why he would bother if you are gonna redo it or complain anyway.

Recently, at a birthday party for her son we were getting ready to sing happy birthday to the baby and hubby lit the candle. She marches over to the table, blows it out, and says I didnt say now.

She's doing the most. If I was the husband I would have put the lighter down and walked out the room.

Yikes.:nono:

She would do well to listen to you since you're an objective outsider who is her friend.

Something I learned early, and I'm grateful that someone did tell me this, is that stuff like that costs you nothing but could end up costing you a lot. Like there was no benefit to her blowing out the candle to wait a few more minutes except maybe getting her way. It would have cost her nothing to let him have that moment. But publicly treating him like that could cost her a lot in the long run.

My husband is the leader and boss

But he will tell you, his boys or anyone Lux ain't going for that!!!!

Lmaooooo

Have me sitting there in the dark or sitting in a car broke down on the side of the road...

Listen. I'm not even over the top with it I will gently remove myself and seek anothe option and KIM
When you get your stuff right call me.

I get the premise of allowing a man to lead and not emasculating him
Got it! But if you think I'm sitting in the dark to play coy and submissive

What would've happened is dh would've called like babes, where are you
I would've said hi honey, 0h ok mmmhmmm ok cool
Lemme call you back, the calamari appetizers are here... lemme call you back ok...
Click.

:lachen::rose:

:lachen: :lachen: How do you keep your face from screwing up? Or dropping hints like "sorry the chicken is cold but something is wrong with the microwave."

My husband is the leader and boss

But he will tell you, his boys or anyone Lux ain't going for that!!!!

Lmaooooo

Have me sitting there in the dark or sitting in a car broke down on the side of the road...

Listen. I'm not even over the top with it I will gently remove myself and seek anothe option and KIM
When you get your stuff right call me.

I get the premise of allowing a man to lead and not emasculating him
Got it! But if you think I'm sitting in the dark to play coy and submissive

What would've happened is dh would've called like babes, where are you
I would've said hi honey, 0h ok mmmhmmm ok cool
Lemme call you back, the calamari appetizers are here... lemme call you back ok...
Click.

:lachen::rose:

:rofl: the calamari app put me over the edge.

Back