The Trophy Wife Is Dead

I mostly agree with what he’s saying, but I think he’s ignoring the fact that trophy’s are defined differently by each man. Some rich black men think any white woman is a trophy, even if she looks like Timon or Pumba. Some rich men think it’s a nice shape, coming from a certain background, or being younger. it varies too much to say any of the above is dead.

But I would never put Meghan Markle and Amal Clooney in the same category. Like ever in life. Amal is like Beyoncé level. She’s everything.

I've spent my entire life thus far doing my best to be as lazy as possible but it seems the universe is hellbent on getting my butt into gear. :lol:
This truly made me laugh out loud! :lachen:

A proportion of rich men have always married educated, interesting and/or powerful women. Power couples are not new.

I see no real basis to their claims that there is some type of actual movement among upper echelon men and mate selection. Strong claims - very fluffy,filler article.
:yep: :yep: :yep:
Trophy wives are not dead, they’re just reformulated. Maybe bimbo wives are dead. If anything, this benefits the men. Now the woman needs to be physically attractive AND very intelligent AND a mover and shaker in some way. She can’t just look good. She can’t just be smart. And she can’t just be a go getter. She must be all of those things. Men still need only exist
:yep: :yep: :yep:

Thank you for sharing this article, @Southernbella. I found it fascinating. It also confirms that patriarchy is alive and well.

Back