• Hispanic, Puerto Rican Mexican

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • Asian, Chinese, Korean

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 34 15.0%

• Total voters

FIRESTARTER

I am wondering because i've noticed that there is an increasing number of black women dating and marrying outside of their race. I use to say I would never date anyone other than the black men but now that im getting older and realize that people are more than just skin.

When I was in the military, I met 2 black women who were early 20s that were married to men of other nationalities and said that they never dated a black man.:eek: This was perposterous to me but I am emerging more and more out of my ignorance. I am very interested, feedback please.

Sorry if there is another thread on this, I couldnt find one for the life of me.

Last edited:
My husband is white from the good ole U.S.A. but he was the first white guy I'd ever given a chance. LOL!

I would never, EVER say that I wouldn't date a black man as I know every man is different and treats every woman he dates differently. The same man that treats one woman like crap would treat me as a princess because of the way I carry myself. Period.

My father, brothers and two best friends are black men. I find that when people say that...they have severe issues with their own self-esteem. Just my opinion, of course.

I guess I'd say just to open yourself more if you're comfortable with it and not to limit yourself. That's not necessarily the way I did it (falling in love with my husband was DEFINITELY an accident...LOL!)...but it seems to have all worked out as God intended. Smile!

japanese, we met in college and have been together for over 4 years. I've dated black men but I've always had a preference for asian men since high school.

Uummmmm....guys, we JUST did this one. As a matter of fact, we just did one about how petite, sexy, and fine we were and yet another one of THOSE popped up again today. Are we running out of things to discuss with each other?

I bumped it for you :D

And shhhhhhhhhhh - the one-star bandit is up late tonight so Imma start you out with 5 (head that crappy hag off).

Last edited:
Renee said:
And shhhhhhhhhhh - the one-star bandit is up late tonight so Imma start you out with 5 (head that crappy hag off).

LOL! I noted that too! Must give them a thrill of sorts. I'm hoping it's a group of silly 13 year olds playing on their mother's computer.

Mine is Puerto Rican. He looks like a white boy though. I've always dated black guys, but in the back of my mind I knew that somehow I would end up with a white guy.

Well..I'm with a Black guy right now....who's really irking my nerves...That Tiearra Mari song was basically written for him...I don't know why I'm still with him :/

I use to date a Dominican...he irked my nerves too l0l....

I've dated white men also...they seem to be the only ones who treat me right...hmmm....tells me something

Agreed. My husband and I are both American living the American "dream".

EbonyF said:
When it comes to "Nationality" my S/O is American.
When it comes to Ethnicity he is Chinese.

me American, dh French. me brown, dh beige-pink.

i think you should choose from men that are attracted to you... those who treat you well/do your bidding...mwahahah..<evil laugh>.

color be damned.

Last edited:
Iv'e date both ends of the spectrum. Iv'e also been burned and heartbroken by men from all walks of life. I think black men get a bad rap sometimes by women thinking they are the only ones treating their women badly. I have been treated not so nicely by my ex's who were white.

michelle3147 said:
Iv'e date both ends of the spectrum. Iv'e also been burned and heartbroken by men from all walks of life. I think black men get a bad rap sometimes by women thinking they are the only ones treating their women badly. I have been treated not so nicely by my ex's who were white.

same here:yep:

that's why i get a bit nervous abt all of the 'something different' kinda hype about 'mixed' rel'ps(and about 'stick to your own kind' a la west side story.) i don't think it can be said enough that a man is a man is a man.
(or bamboo is bamboo is bamboo. :grin: )

i don't feel there's any magic in a certain color combination. contrasting or match-y.
it's what's beneath the wrapping that will make or break the couple.

My boyfriend and I have the same nationality.... we are both born and raised in the United States of America and our race is Black (and our ancestors may be from Africa, who knows!)

A dog to one woman is a prince to someone else. Color doesn't matter. A dog is a dog. And I agree, black men are GOOD MEN! I know many of them out there who are hard working, raising their children either with wives, jointly with exes or on their own, intelligent and highly successful! America does have it out for our precious black men but they aren't so easily destroyed with prisons filled with them and with so many who are truant and high school dropouts, it is amazing there are any left to help build the black family - yet they do exist.

Don't believe the hype, black men aren't monsters, gang bangers, or abusers. A few give the entire lot a bad name. I think if all of us just look around us in our every day life we will see many successful black men, and some may even be available for marrying.

I myself have dated cubans, puerto ricans, and an Indian from Guyana. I actually dumped my black boyfriend for the guy from Guyana and don't you know HE was the DOG while my black boyfriend (who was supposed to be a roughneck from Irvington) walked to my house to plead with me to get me back? And the guy from Guyana was a dog - that is what I get for letting a good guy go!

My honey bunny was born here, but his family is from Italy and Poland. When we have kids they'll be HIPs'. Haitian, Italian and Polish :D

Black mixed with AA. Even has some older relatives who were colored. But there was a rumor that his great-great-great grandmother was from the Moteesah tribe...:lol:

SocialWorker29 said:
Black mixed with AA. Even has some older relatives who were colored. But there was a rumor that his great-great-great grandmother was from the Moteesah tribe...:lol:

wow, what a mix! did you happen to have any negroes down the line anywhere? :lol: jk

felicia said:
wow, what a mix! did you happen to have any negroes down the line anywhere? :lol: jk
LOL :lol: I can't confirm or deny the presence of negro blood. I think he may have to get one of those expensive genealogy reports....

My DH is white. He's first generation Lithuanian.

I'm biracial. My father is mostly black and my mother is English and Irish.

We have four sons and none of them look like me. :(

DH is half Japanese, half Italian. He's sexy to me! I'm half black, half Irish/Slav mix.

We can't go anywhere without mobs of people amazed at how gorgeous our daughter is. People say she should be a baby model.

I voted Hispanic, but he's Panamanian. His mom is black (Panamanian) and his dad is white (American).

Last edited:
Back