Twist/Braid/Bun for Growth Challenge (10/1/2012 -12/31/2012)

I've always wanted to join this challenge, :blush:hope I can still...
I'll be getting my hair braided up in one of these styles below on Saturday:

I'll probably maintain it until the end of the year.

Skiggle. Come on in. Just answer the questions from way back in the first post to be an official challenger:yep:
My bun pics. Posting from phone so hope it's ok.

View attachment 178041

Golden75. I like the bun and braid combo.

View attachment 178043

LADIES WE ARE MORE THAN 1/2 WAY THROUGH. THERE ARE SO MANY BEAUTIFUL PICTURES IN HERE. CONGRATULATIONS ON MAKING YOUR OWN HAIR JOURNALS:grin:

I really wish I knew how to flat twist. I would so do a flat twist out with perm rods on the ends for Thanksgiving. But alas...I suck at styling this mop top.

LOOK OUT IT'S POST NO SNAPS QUOTE EERBODY;)

C'mon now NikkiQ. I see 'swang' for you.:yep:

UPDATE....Hey it did :thumbsup:

BrookelLynn. Just :gorgeous:

faithVA &BraunSugar. These hairstyles must be getting you toned:lol: BraunSugar. I see the 'caped crusader' has gone civilian:)

jesusislove1526. What color? You've only been natural 18 months? Goodness.

youwillrise:lachen::lachen: Girl, you're a mess. I mean that in the best way possible.

It's an orangy red color. I only dye my hair 2x a year, and its always in the red family. I have only been natural for 18 months, but I transitioned for almost 15 months before that.

So I took out my braids today but I didn't like how the braidout looked. I then moisturized my hair and pulled it on top of my head in a bun to stretch it out and i am going to do something to it tomorrow.

Ya'll... don't stone me but I wore my hair out for 4 days! My twist out still looks great today! but I am going to wash and retwist tomorrow. I can't wait to use my pumpkin wen that i just got.

I promise I'm not neglecting this challenge! I wore my hair out last week in a twist out, but I have it back in flat twists. Four on one side, four on the other, with my phony pony in the back. I'm feeling particularly lazy with my hair this week since I only work two days this week.

On Saturday, I co-washed, did a DC and got my protein fix with Megatek(mixed it with my deep conditioner). And I air dried, won't blow dry again until I do my length check on January 1st.

washing and bunning today. i guess i will have a bun in for Thanksgiving. or i may just wait until tomorrow. i just feel like washing my hair today anyway.

Slept with my hair in a bun last night. I can tell that it has started to shrink back up (of course) so I'm going to probably do something to it soon. I still have no clue what though *sigh*

Finally came to a full decision to flat iron for thanksgiving. I'm spreading out the wash, blow dry and flat iron over three days because I don't want to get overwhelmed and be tired out by the time i flat iron. I'll wear it out for thanksgiving and buns mostly for the rest of the time, I hope I don't cheat lol

mini braids:

mini-braids-11-12.jpg

Finally came to a full decision to flat iron for thanksgiving. I'm spreading out the wash, blow dry and flat iron over three days because I don't want to get overwhelmed and be tired out by the time i flat iron. I'll wear it out for thanksgiving and buns mostly for the rest of the time, I hope I don't cheat lol

Victoria44. You know I'm am just TOO curious to see what your hair looks like flat ironed.
mini braids:

BraunSugar...tiny and shiny..oh my :drool:

Hey ladies! I dyed my hair jet black last weekend and i love it. Was over the purple hair. I rocked a curly fro on Sunday for my mother's first solo art exhibit and so far this week I've been rockin two flat twists. I love rockin mine w a deep side part. I'll prob wear my hair out for thanksgiving. Flat twist out maybe?

Attachments

• image-3550446088.jpg
    image-3550446088.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 62
  • image-1763347678.jpg
    image-1763347678.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 51
BraunSugar said:
mini braids:

Looks great! You make me want to mini braid my hair lol I've only done mini braids once but I loved the freedom I had with them. And I could wash them without them my hair knotting like it would if I washed in mini twists

Yesterday's messy bun. I will rock this for a couple days. I've been taking my buns down every night and putting into 4 braids with a little m&s. So far my ends haven't been traumatized. *still scared*

Sorry about angles. Took pics during traffic jam.

ForumRunner_20121121_000210.jpg

ForumRunner_20121121_000224.jpg

ForumRunner_20121121_000241.jpg

Froreal3 Messy is the 'besty'. Looking good lady:)

Hey ladies! I dyed my hair jet black last weekend and i love it. Was over the purple hair. I rocked a curly fro on Sunday for my mother's first solo art exhibit and so far this week I've been rockin two flat twists. I love rockin mine w a deep side part. I'll prob wear my hair out for thanksgiving. Flat twist out maybe?

OMG I remember AGrlCanMac. Your mom is an artist? WOW. Good luck on her show. Loving the 'roar' snap

Welp, I'm looking a lil bit like a plucked bird. But, it's been too long since I've loaded snaps :wink2:

midnovtop.jpg

midnovfront.jpg

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE

Back