Twist/Braid/Bun for Growth Challenge (10/1/2012 -12/31/2012)

Still in the twists I installed 2 weeks ago. Will be wearing my hair out this weekend and will go back in twists Sunday night. I think I will do these twists relatively small so I can keep them in for 3 weeks.

has anyone ever used one of these to make a bun. I bought this from Ebay and wanted to hear if anyone had any reviews.

Bun Maker

$(KGrHqJHJCYE9!E7)2ozBPRiqHvZc!~~60_1.JPG

I tried a version of this when my hair was shorter. It didn't work for me as I couldn't get all my curls to separate and I had various layers. Perhaps on super stretched hair I would've have a better success. If you decide to try it do post pictures as I'm just generally styling impaired.

As promised, my mini braids for October. They will stay in until November 19th [5 weeks].

Main picture: my braids after DC, cowash, and LOC
3 pictures on top: my braids before DC, cowash, and LOC
3 pictures on the bottom: my braids after DC, cowash, and LOC

Attachments

• October Mini Braids.jpg
    October Mini Braids.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 63
I am almost done removing these braids!!! Like I said before, I haven't been 100% focused on getting them out in a timely manner which is my own fault, but I can still complain if I want to. :lol: I'm going to wear a WnG for a few days then I'll decide if I'm going to bun or do some mini twists. I wanted to do some braids again but I need to wait until amnesia sets in before I do another set. :look:

past few days, ive been rinsing/conditioning and bunning in the shower (well, rolling the sides/front & bunning the back). i find it easier to do styles like this in the shower...i have so much trouble getting bun styles done outside of the shower. the water pressure and super wetness makes things work better. i dont know why i ever try to do certain styles outside of the shower.

so yeah, im on a bun kick now. i'll keep doing that until im bored. it's working so far.

Wow we've got some 'marathon stylist' up in here. You all seriously have me thinking about doing minis.

jesusislove1526. Your braids are NICE. I really like the way you put together that pictorial. Thank you.

Victoria44. You weren't kidding when you said that you made them small. On top of that you have a lot of hair and length. Really nice job. :notworthy

Hey ladies. I'm still in my twists. Going to keep them in for one more week. I need to get some new banana clips and what not to keep them looking cute. I joined a gym the other day and so far I've worked out twice this week. My plan is to work out for four days a week, then up it to five.

I purchased the Magic Star jumbo and mini rake set. I will dc with ORS Replenishing Pak this weekend as well. Hopefully I will see less breakage.

I don't have the patience for all dem eeny beeny twists...no ma'am! :nono: plus i'd HATE takedown. Mini anything ain't for me. I do love to see them on others tho....

Victoria44 lovely!

How y'all ladies doing today?

jprayze. Oh somebody has got the itch.:lol:

bajandoc86. Things could be better but at the same time they could be a lot worse. How are you?

Froreal3. Looks like you're starting New Years resolutions early. Can you do some workouts for me? :wink2:

I'm on my phone, but I just met a silver fox that looked like she could be jprayze's mama. Her hair was gorgeous, BSLish, and in a banana clip. Aow!

MeowMix

I'm ok....had a rough beginning to my day - emergency case set back my elective list almost 2 hrs :(.

I should be studying - instead I'm waiting on my SO to come by, but he's taking so LONG - his day has been full with court/meetings at his law firm AND training at the army base. *pouts*

I shouldn't complain tho...cause tonight he's coming by in his uniform! :grin: I love me a man in uniform. :giggle:

will be taking my twists down tomorrow and retwisting no later than Sunday.. for whatever reason my twists don't seem to last as long as they used to uggghhh :(

I will be redoing my twists tomorrw...only made it to five days but they look a HM lol. My head has been itching a lot which makes me scratch and causes my twists to look messy at the top...hmmm what kind of style will I chose...

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

So since I started working out, I have been cowashing my hair after. I tried Nature's Gate daily conditioner and that made it a tangly mess so I'll just be using that as a prepoo. I picked up the Cantu Deep Conditioner from their natural line and I really like it. It's wonderfully thick and not full of crap ingredients.

How often do you girls cowash and do you find that the added manipulation isn't detrimental to your hair? Also do you detangle with each cowash?

Does anyone else like the look and feel of their wet twists? How do you maintain the wet look & feel-- w/o actually re-wetting it. I wash/co-rinse daily and my twists have so much bounce, shine and movement. Will a hair milk do it--- a gel perhaps...anyone? May have to start a separate thread for this.

Does anyone else like the look and feel of their wet twists? How do you maintain the wet look & feel-- w/o actually re-wetting it. I wash/co-rinse daily and my twists have so much bounce, shine and movement. Will a hair milk do it--- a gel perhaps...anyone? May have to start a separate thread for this.

agree with you, my question is how do you prevent the frizz?

I'm feeling the itch to try and bun my hair. Already planning on taking these braids down this weekend. Might try the MzSwift banding method to stretch my hair and give bunning a try.

Sent from my Android...Boom.

Hi Ladies,

just curious to find out if any of you ladies who do double strands twist have experienced any ssk at all? I have noticed that i have more since i started my twist reggie:perplexed!

Back