Twist/Braid/Bun for Growth Challenge (10/1/2012 -12/31/2012)

I've been using AOHSR as my leave in and sealing with GSO. Yeah. My hair is damn near flawless. :look: Gonna use it for a few weeks and see if I keep getting great results.

tapioca_pudding keep us posted---that is one of the few products I havent got around to trying lol...but its top on my list along with GPB since they get great reviews and are available on the ground.

Thanks[everyone! I'm trying to feel better now, and actually eat before I leave the house.

@Leslie_C Yes, I have photos. :spinning: lol
NappyNelle THANK YOU so much because it gives me hope that I can BC at 15 months or even possibly 12 months bc that is plenty of hair! If I have anywhere near that amount Im fine with it :) Its funny bc I wanted to long term transition for 2 years + initially, but Im falling more and more in love with my natural hair and getting more resentment for these stringy ends! If I can do a puff that can be tucked into a bun and still manage to do some updos Ill be fine! Im excited! 12 monthis is February 5 and 15 months is May 5 which is my birthday! That would be pretty symbolic!

NYRICAN1 welcome to the challenge!

I have a confession to make... last week I wore a bantu-knot-out/twist-out style everyday... :look:

But yesterday, I washed my hair and it's now in a bun with a flat twist in the front. :)

Poohbear-tisk tisk! Its ok, you can make up for it by skipping some out days lol.

Not yet,but I have a few ideas I'll be cranking out soon. I thought about all the hair candy the LHCF ladies like so you know I gotta do it lol

Sent from my Android...Boom.
NikkiQ I love your shop and DEFINITELY keep us posted on hair candy-Im obsessed with it!

bajandoc86 that style you posted is another masterpiece, as usual!:yep: You are about to get unicorn status bc I dont think u are capable of looking bad lol.

washed and bunned. my regular ole bun. nothing major. my bun is starting to get more fuller and juicy! i can't wait to see what it will look like at the end of the year!

I'm taking down my braids. Moving at a snail's pace because I'm not really focused. I think I will be done with it tomorrow. This is the only part I don't like about mini braids.

what it looked like just before I decided to redo.

I'm loving this challenge.

my ssks are at aminimum and I love it!

Attachments

• etc 034.jpg
    etc 034.jpg
    529.6 KB · Views: 60
Pictures of my hair style this morning:

IMAG1369-vi.jpg

IMAG1364-vi.jpg

I was able to do the bun loosely without having to loop the ponytail holder twice! I was excited.

When I washed my hair the other day, I did not blowdry. I airdried in 10 twists using Shea Moisture mist and curl enhancing smoothie. Airdrying in the twists helped with giving my hair texture and bulk for the bun.

Poohbear

What products did you use when you washed your hair? Your hair looks very moisturized! I am trying to increase my moisture levels so my hair looks like that.

Sent from my iPhone

bajandoc86 that style you posted is another masterpiece, as usual!:yep: You are about to get unicorn status bc I dont think u are capable of looking bad lol.

:lachen::lachen: Ah Leslie_C you've done it again.:yep: I'm just laughing and co-signing.

Oh snap, everybody, it was picture day and I missed it.:lol: Thank you Itgirl, Poohbear &rsmith.

BraunSugar. Sounds like you're in a marathon. I know your hair is going to be fierce when you get done.

Last edited:
Poohbear

What products did you use when you washed your hair? Your hair looks very moisturized! I am trying to increase my moisture levels so my hair looks like that.

Sent from my iPhone

isawstars - I washed my hair with Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo, and I conditioned my hair for a few minutes with Aussie Moist Conditioner.

After I shampooed and conditioned, I wrapped my hair in a microfiber turbie twist towel to soak up excess water.

Then I sprayed my hair with Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Hair Moisture Mist and applied Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie to sections of my hair.

Then I flat twisted my hair to airdry. Then in the morning, I unraveled the twists and put it in a bun.

Wow, I don't post for two days and yall talking up a storm!

bajandoc86 that style is super cute. I tried flat twisting the back of my hair a few weeks ago and the parts didn't come out right. I think I mentioned before that I need another mirror in my bathroom. lol

Poohbear Your bun looks juicy! I love the Elasta Shampoo and Aussie Moist too.

rsmith Simple is the best way.

i wish i could braid. i can do single braids, but not french braids or cornrows. i wanted to do 2 french braids on my head, but since my fingers arent nimble enough for me to really get the technique, i cant. boosauce. i can only do flat twists. damn working with 3 pieces of hair!!!

i wish i could braid. i can do single braids, but not french braids or cornrows. i wanted to do 2 french braids on my head, but since my fingers arent nimble enough for me to really get the technique, i cant. boosauce. i can only do flat twists. damn working with 3 pieces of hair!!!

youwillrise - I didn't know how to french braid at all until I watched this video and kept practicing with my own hair over and over: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLspZ5bof7o

Pictures of my hair style this morning:

IMAG1369-vi.jpg

IMAG1364-vi.jpg

I was able to do the bun loosely without having to loop the ponytail holder twice! I was excited.

When I washed my hair the other day, I did not blowdry. I airdried in 10 twists using Shea Moisture mist and curl enhancing smoothie. Airdrying in the twists helped with giving my hair texture and bulk for the bun.

This style is beautiful. Everyone is making me miss my natural hair. I relaxed because it saves me time in my day but seeing all these beautiful thick hairstyles is making me a little envious.

lol I think it looks busted. I rode that a bit too long, I was off island and lazy so I rode that out almost 7 days..

I hear what you are saying but I just love thick natural hair. So if it's perfectly neat or not I think thick beautiful hair is very pretty. Of course we are more critical of ourselves but you have beatiful hair and the style doesn't look bad to me.

I cowashed my hair yesterday and did a kind of "wet twisted banana clip bun".
I think i will be bunning more instead of 2 strands twist. we will see how it goes :look:
Also i don't use brushes or combs anymore, my hair don't like brushes, so for about six weeks now i have been using only my fingers and hands to style!:yep:

Attachments

• bun.jpeg
    bun.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I've been twisting for daysss, I feel like I'll never finish, but once these are in I'm really going to try to keep them for like a month. They're sooo tiny I have no idea why I went so small.

Leslie_C.....:o @ unicorn status. LOL. Trust me when I tell you, my hair has looked CRAZY sometimes, especially more so in the early part of my HHJ. I couldn't flat twist, cornrow, part straight, do rod sets....NOTHING. Mess. LOL

Me and these fuzzy wuzzy ends of mine are gonna have a knock down drag out fight soon. No matter what I do to these things, they always fuzz up. Ughhhhh!

wash day today, and i got a surprise package from my bestie who lives in the US.
She sent me the full range of luv naturals products:lick:, i will report and hopefully with pics!:grin:

Back