The 2011 Wedding Thread

Whimsy

Hey Ladies, I had to copy Amour's 2010 thread!!:yep:

Where are my engaged ladies?!!?

Anyone else getting married in 2011??

I'm recently engaged and planning a small and fun casual wedding for April 2011.:grin:

What are your 2011 wedding plans??!!

No other 2011 brides coming out to play?

Well fine!! I'll just post whateva the hell I want to here then:

la la la...

dave199.jpg

dave451.jpg

(tried this one on at davids - kinda loved it!)

dave449.jpg

I'm getting married in Oct 2011. I guess I posted in the wrong thread lol. We're planning on marrying at the Royal Plantation in Jamaica.
So far this dress is it, unless I change my mind:grin:
007_primary.jpg

3059_x2.jpg

Oh and I'm thinking of my hair being half up and half down

Attachments

• hair_109_10_m.jpg
    hair_109_10_m.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 30
  • long_hair_704_10_m.jpg
    long_hair_704_10_m.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 32
  • possible wedding hair.jpg
    possible wedding hair.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
LuckiestDestiny that dress is divine. So fancyshmancy!

I'm doing half up half down too!

Nowhere near decided on a dress.

LuckiestDestiny that dress is divine. So fancyshmancy!

I'm doing half up half down too!

Nowhere near decided on a dress.
Yay!:grin: I really loooove that dress. For the half up half down, though, not sure how Jamaica will be in Oct...it will dictate the whole kinky curly or straight thing (not sure how I want to play that but I will not fight with humidity. Er...I mean my natural hair will not fight it, and so I don't have a choice but to follow suit)

December 2011 bride here!! Not much planned yet. I've booked the venue and picked the bridesmaids/groomsmen.

Bridal party is already giving me stress. ( which is causing FH and I to argue since I didn't even want a bridal party and now that gave in.....they're already giving problems!)
My engagment party is this december :)

Might have picked a dress. I can't get a pic right now but it's private label by G style# 1383 (ivory/burgundy) :)
I'm hoping my hair will be closer to HL. I was thinking of wearing my hair half up/half down but the problem is during the recption I want it completely up. Any suggestions beside me just tying it up and doing a terrible job at it??

Well...I found my dress today!:grin:

I love it. It's so simple and flowy but still bridal.

I didn't want to take it off.

Edited to add:

IMG00053-20100814-1401.jpg

Attachments

• mydress.jpg
    mydress.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 94
  • mydressback.jpg
    mydressback.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
I'm hoping my hair will be closer to HL. I was thinking of wearing my hair half up/half down but the problem is during the recption I want it completely up. Any suggestions beside me just tying it up and doing a terrible job at it??

Sorry about the bridal party. I hope they chill out and stop stressin you out!

As for your hair, i'm doin half up half down too probably wavy and if I feel myself start to sweat at the reception am just going to pin the back up.
I'd suggest you play with it a bit and do some trial runs of pinning it on your own just in case.

I'm going to do a few trial runs myself.

Are you ladies getting your makeup done on the day?
Any ideas?

I want mine fairly simple/natural.

Sorry about the bridal party. I hope they chill out and stop stressin you out!

As for your hair, i'm doin half up half down too probably wavy and if I feel myself start to sweat at the reception am just going to pin the back up.
I'd suggest you play with it a bit and do some trial runs of pinning it on your own just in case.

I'm going to do a few trial runs myself.

Are you ladies getting your makeup done on the day?
Any ideas?

I want mine fairly simple/natural.

You're right about the hair trials, I'm thinking that when I go try some styles out with the girl that does my hair, I'm going to have her show me nice ways of tying it up on my own and then ill practice it or something.

I will be getting my makeup done the day of but I want more of dramatic look at least in the eye makeup. Maybe some sort of smokey look. Nothing TOO heavy though.

Well, :look: I'm not in a relationship yet, as such, but I'm looking to get married in 2011.
:look:

I don't believe in long courtships, so I've set my sights on November 2011.

I think the first one you posted would look great on you, Whimsy.

Well, :look: I'm not in a relationship yet, as such, but I'm looking to get married in 2011.
:look:

I don't believe in long courtships, so I've set my sights on November 2011.

I think the first one you posted would look great on you, Whimsy.

Giiirl CLAIM IT!!!!

But what if you fall in love with someone who believes in long courtships?

Do you believe in love at first sight? are you going to elope?

(or was your post one big joke that went over my head lol)

Lovely dresses ladies!

Thanks for the bridal guide link too!

Optimus, claim it! I wrote on a sheet of paper that I would get married in June 2010. That was in early 2008, and I had na'an boyfriend.

Well, I was off... but only by five months. :D November 2010 is when it's happening... and the funny thing is, I did get a boyfriend in 2008. He lasted six months, and I got a new one in 2009. THAT'S the guy I'm marrying!

I can't believe that I had a two-year timeline and met it, and not with the first guy I met either! :lol:

Ladies what are your wedding plans?

Traditional wedding?

Large or small guestlist?

Destination wedding?

Anything "special"?

Band or DJ?

Where are you honeymooning?

Gimme the scoop!

Ladies what are your wedding plans?

Traditional wedding?

Large or small guestlist?

Destination wedding?

Anything "special"?

Band or DJ?

Where are you honeymooning?

Gimme the scoop!

Okay, I'm a 2010 bride, but I'm posting anyway! :D

Traditional wedding? We will be getting married in a church, but it's a very liberal church that has a homeless ministry, single mother outreach program, pro-labor rallies, etc...

Large or small guestlist? Medium, I think? I want about 150 people, but my mom is gonna jack it up because she wants to invite everyone she's ever met... hey, as long as she and my dad are paying!

Destination wedding?Destination Downtown Detroit! :lol:

Anything "special"? Our reception venue is at a baseball stadium! :D

Band or DJ?DJ. Our guests have different tastes and need someone to play a variety of music.

Where are you honeymooning?Two-week Hawaiian honeymoon!!!!

Okay, I'm a 2010 bride, but I'm posting anyway! :D

Traditional wedding? We will be getting married in a church, but it's a very liberal church that has a homeless ministry, single mother outreach program, pro-labor rallies, etc...

Large or small guestlist? Medium, I think? I want about 150 people, but my mom is gonna jack it up because she wants to invite everyone she's ever met... hey, as long as she and my dad are paying!

Destination wedding?Destination Downtown Detroit! :lol:

Anything "special"? Our reception venue is at a baseball stadium! :D

Band or DJ?DJ. Our guests have different tastes and need someone to play a variety of music.

Where are you honeymooning?Two-week Hawaiian honeymoon!!!!

Oh Bunny!! That sounds lovely!! A baseball stadium?! do tell!!!
Where in hawaii? island hopping? You're almost to the big day! Are you nervous excited scared?

Aare you writing your own vows? tell me mooorrreee!!!!

You're so lucky someone is paying for you!!! FI and I are on our own, but my mom just yesterday said she will help out (dunno what that means yet lol)

Oh Bunny!! That sounds lovely!! A baseball stadium?! do tell!!!
Where in hawaii? island hopping? You're almost to the big day! Are you nervous excited scared?

Thanks!

The baseball stadium has a corporate venue inside for its big shots and often hosts a lot of private events. Since it's not a traditional wedding venue, it's "somewhat" cheaper than a lot of the places that usually host weddings.

Here's an idea of how it would look for a wedding party...

comericapark14.jpg.w300h452.jpg

comericapark16.jpg.w300h199.jpg

As for Hawaii, we will be island hopping... at least four islands are in play!

Right now, I'm kinda meh. Not about the wedding or marriage, but in the fact that it still seems so far away... I haven't gotten the nerves/butterflies yet because I'm in the middle of one of my busier times of year and the idea of the wedding doesn't seem real yet. I bet once my dress comes in and we start doing the tastings, etc., it will get more serious to me and I'll feel all of those emotions! With FH living in a different state, it still feels like we're slugging along in this long-distance relationship indefinitely!

Aare you writing your own vows? tell me mooorrreee!!!!

I guess we need to figure that out, huh? :lol: See what I mean about not being totally all in about this wedding stuff? Actually, I was right after the proposal, when I was running around like crazy trying to find a venue. Once we did that though, I kinda chilled out! Maybe too much!

You're so lucky someone is paying for you!!! FI and I are on our own, but my mom just yesterday said she will help out (dunno what that means yet lol)

Yeah, I'm somewhat surprised that my parents are going for it... I guess because I paid my way through college and bought my own house, they're like, "Okay, we can pay for a wedding." Plus, my mom is a decorator/planner at heart and she's been dying to do my wedding since I was like, 5!

The only problem is, I've had to reign her in a bit... she wanted what I call the traditional black bougie fabulous wedding, and FH and I wanted something fun and unique. I think we reached a good compromise.

We'll pay paying for the photographer, honeymoon, etc.

Hope your mom will pitch in a bit!

Thanks!

The baseball stadium has a corporate venue inside for its big shots and often hosts a lot of private events. Since it's not a traditional wedding venue, it's "somewhat" cheaper than a lot of the places that usually host weddings.

Here's an idea of how it would look for a wedding party...

comericapark14.jpg.w300h452.jpg

comericapark16.jpg.w300h199.jpg

Oh my word, that's beautiful bunny (sidebar, im gunna stop calling you bunny now cuz that's my nickname for my fiance and i feel weird saying it to someone other than him lol - ps don't tell him i told yall about that nickname :grin:)

As for Hawaii, we will be island hopping... at least four islands are in play!

Right now, I'm kinda meh. Not about the wedding or marriage, but in the fact that it still seems so far away... I haven't gotten the nerves/butterflies yet because I'm in the middle of one of my busier times of year and the idea of the wedding doesn't seem real yet. I bet once my dress comes in and we start doing the tastings, etc., it will get more serious to me and I'll feel all of those emotions! With FH living in a different state, it still feels like we're slugging along in this long-distance relationship indefinitely!

How far away is he? how often do you get to see each other?

I guess we need to figure that out, huh? :lol: See what I mean about not being totally all in about this wedding stuff? Actually, I was right after the proposal, when I was running around like crazy trying to find a venue. Once we did that though, I kinda chilled out! Maybe too much!

Well you did the biggest thing so that's good. now it's just a whole mess of little things left :)

Yeah, I'm somewhat surprised that my parents are going for it... I guess because I paid my way through college and bought my own house, they're like, "Okay, we can pay for a wedding." Plus, my mom is a decorator/planner at heart and she's been dying to do my wedding since I was like, 5!

awww that's cute!! I'm glad. and congrats on the house!

The only problem is, I've had to reign her in a bit... she wanted what I call the traditional black bougie fabulous wedding, and FH and I wanted something fun and unique. I think we reached a good compromise.

We'll pay paying for the photographer, honeymoon, etc.

Hope your mom will pitch in a bit!

LOL i guess it must be all mothers. I told my mom we're doing a small wedding in a vegas suite and she lost her mind. I said we wanted it low key and she was like okay so we'll just do a dj and an emcee no band.
(and she was proud of her "compromise" as if it was something novel)
I kinda don't want my mom/dad to help us with this. I always loved weddings but thought they were so ridiculous to spend so much money on for one night. I'd rather them give us a gift of some down payment money instead.

PS your wedding is NOT far away so you better get to preppin!!

ETA: what are your colors? that teal color? gawjus

I like these wedding threads :yay:

I'm just creeping through and snatching up ideas :sekret:

I like em too!! I've always loved wedding talk. A party to celebrate love and devotion...what's better?:grin:

Don't just snatch up ideas, share some!! share pics, share whateva! wedding talk is FUN!!!

How far away is he? how often do you get to see each other?

He's a four-hour drive away. Not bad, but it means we see each other only on weekends. Sometimes, we skip a weekend if one of us goes on vacation or has to work. So when we do see each other, it's like we have to catch up with life stuff, smooching and all that... then by the time he or I have to leave, it's like, "Oh yeah, we should have done some wedding planning, huh?" :lol:

The good thing is, my mom has been doing a lot of the little things (like flowers, linens, etc... zzzzzzzzz), so we actually are probably farther along than it seems. I have my dress, the bridesmaids' dresses, a venue, photographer, minister, etc. We meet again with the minister in a few weeks to talk about the ceremony, so we'll probably work on vows then.

Oh, the colors are a cornflower blue, sapphire blue and magenta. I considered the teal... it was beautiful! FH is somewhat colorblind though and said that was one he had a tough time distinguishing. He didn't ask me to change it, but I decided to on my own because I didn't want him to be wearing an accent color he couldn't really see well!

LOL i guess it must be all mothers. I told my mom we're doing a small wedding in a vegas suite and she lost her mind. I said we wanted it low key and she was like okay so we'll just do a dj and an emcee no band. [/B] (and she was proud of her "compromise" as if it was something novel)
I kinda don't want my mom/dad to help us with this. I always loved weddings but thought they were so ridiculous to spend so much money on for one night. I'd rather them give us a gift of some down payment money instead.

I think it is mothers! I love your idea about the Vegas wedding. I love most people's ideas... it's THEIR wedding, after all! :)

I think we'll get help on a home downpayment from FH's side... plus, we both have tons of housewares, so we won't really do a big registry. We're secretly hoping they'll contribute to the home fund, tee hee!

Lovely dresses ladies!

Thanks for the bridal guide link too!

Optimus, claim it! I wrote on a sheet of paper that I would get married in June 2010. That was in early 2008, and I had na'an boyfriend.

Well, I was off... but only by five months. :D November 2010 is when it's happening... and the funny thing is, I did get a boyfriend in 2008. He lasted six months, and I got a new one in 2009. THAT'S the guy I'm marrying!

I can't believe that I had a two-year timeline and met it, and not with the first guy I met either! :lol:

I think if someone knows what they want without confusion there shouldn't be a problem with getting sidetracked with the wrong person.

Giiirl CLAIM IT!!!!

But what if you fall in love with someone who believes in long courtships?
I wouldn't. I don't believe the statement: "you can't help who you fall in love with." I think we most certainly can.
Do you believe in love at first sight? No, not really. are you going to elope? I don't want a wedding. I would like a simple ceremony at the Justice of the Peace or whoever officiates the legality of a marriage.

(or was your post one big joke that went over my head lol)

Nope, I wasn't joking.
Thank you for the support, you two. I appreciate it and I really respect both of your opinions on the forum.

He's a four-hour drive away. Not bad, but it means we see each other only on weekends. Sometimes, we skip a weekend if one of us goes on vacation or has to work. So when we do see each other, it's like we have to catch up with life stuff, smooching and all that... then by the time he or I have to leave, it's like, "Oh yeah, we should have done some wedding planning, huh?" :lol:

Ha. F the planning in this situation, you guys need snuggle time! glad you guys get to see each other a lot. will you be moving closer together after the shin dig?

The good thing is, my mom has been doing a lot of the little things (like flowers, linens, etc... zzzzzzzzz), so we actually are probably farther along than it seems. I have my dress, the bridesmaids' dresses, a venue, photographer, minister, etc. We meet again with the minister in a few weeks to talk about the ceremony, so we'll probably work on vows then.

oh you've got tons done! thank goodness for mom.

Oh, the colors are a cornflower blue, sapphire blue and magenta. I considered the teal... it was beautiful! FH is somewhat colorblind though and said that was one he had a tough time distinguishing. He didn't ask me to change it, but I decided to on my own because I didn't want him to be wearing an accent color he couldn't really see well!

that sounds nice! you're going to have a vivid wedding!

I think it is mothers! I love your idea about the Vegas wedding. I love most people's ideas... it's THEIR wedding, after all! :)

Exactly! I think a lot of times people fall into the what "should" be done vesus what they actually WANT to do.

I think we'll get help on a home downpayment from FH's side... plus, we both have tons of housewares, so we won't really do a big registry. We're secretly hoping they'll contribute to the home fund, tee hee!

We didn't want to do a registry at all. Not that we have everything in the world, it's just kinda...grabby grabby to us. Like we're makin people fly cross country for a party, and we want a next gift too? My mom is kinda forcing us to. I'm still holding out.

i can't wait to see pics of your wedding.

Nope, I wasn't joking.
Thank you for the support, you two. I appreciate it and I really respect both of your opinions on the forum.

OK good, cuz sometimes sarcasm isn't as bold online so I had to check....but since you're for real..... YAAAAYYY!!!!

Did you make your list of what the man you will find will be like?

Um...if you need a photographer next year when you're at the JOP with loverboy....call me!

Back