***Random Thoughts: RELATIONSHIP FORUM***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this sexy man in the grocery store the other day. He stared me down as I walked down the aisle in his direction. He smiled, I smiled back, but then he didn't say anything.

I usually don't like for men to approach me in these kinds of settings but this time I really wanted him to say SOMETHING and he didn't. I'm still kind of upset about it.

Did I mention he was sexy?

Last edited:
3 men want to take me out, but I don't like any of them like that :ohwell: Why is it always like that with me

I haven't been in love for years....I'm so ready to be though

I love my Fiance!....even if he has been on that durn play station all morning!!

wooooosssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :)

After all this time Im soooooooooooooo happy I found someone I can connect with :grin: He is weirdly intriguing and in the back of my mind I keep waiting for shht to hit the fan...I hate thinking like that but I do. 4 months down.

Sometimes I want to say "*** feelings" ... :ohwell:

I feel... love mixed with annoyance and slightly growing resentment. Time to leave, no? :look:

I find this one white guy very attractive. Can't remember when that last happened. Just the other day, I was saying to a friend "I don't like white fish" to her quote "there are plenty of fish in the sea"... :lol: i only said that jokingly.

Sometimes, you have to realize you are not doing things as wrongly as you used to do them, but you're also not doing them as right as they could be.
Food for thought... relates to my first sentence in this thread:yawn:

He is the one. I know it.
He is so ready to move this on to the next level. And so am I.

But why am I so scared of saying 'I love you'... even though I do... and even when he has told me so many times that he loves me with every fibre of his being?

I have issues:ohwell:

Someone who's a "friend with benefits" doesn't count as a friend.

It's funny how there's more contentment in holding out for what you know is best than compromising for something less than that. Something is not better than nothing.

i cannot wait to go to jersey to meet his fam...even though they seem 100% opposite of mine, and therefore, this could be very awkward.

He does me wrong, so I pulled away. Now he wants to know why I'm distant and why a lot of women call him a "dog." I shouldn't have to and I won't tell a grown man the things he does that are not right. He's an opportunist it seems like, but luckily for me he does not have an opportunity with me.

Hey Sky!

No, its not. He came out to meet me back in May. So we've met up before. :yep:

Oh ok. So its been a few months and you have that nervous feeling...I definitely understand. I was with my ex for close to a year moved away for college and we didn't see each other for 2 months. I remember getting that nervous feeling like we had just met when he came to visit me LOL I understand :yep:

He loves and adores me. He has changed his snobbish ways. He is going to a conference in August and he wants me to tag along. He even booked my flight. Is it just him or do most Nigerian men move too fast?

He is the most attentive, affectionate, loving man I have ever been with. But for some reason I won't allow myself to fall in love with him. I care deeply for him, but I'm not in love yet....and I should be.

Maybe it's fear of the unknown. Time will tell.

He loves and adores me. He has changed his snobbish ways. He is going to a conference in August and he wants me to tag along. He even booked my flight. Is it just him or do most Nigerian men move too fast?

He is the most attentive, affectionate, loving man I have ever been with. But for some reason I won't allow myself to fall in love with him. I care deeply for him, but I'm not in love yet....and I should be.

Maybe it's fear of the unknown. Time will tell.

answer to your question: yes.

Especially if they want to get in your pants. The ones who are successful, well-educated and smart know that men like them are one in a million for most Black women (given percentage of AA men in jail, dropouts, mediocre, etc.), so Nigerian men know game (wine and dine, trips, gifts, etc) and they often play women a little too well.

I'm really enjoying my new relationship, and I think things are progressing very nicely. :yep: I am starting to feel that feeling of being comfortable again. It's a great feeling. Hopefully things will continue to improve.

So, I finally let go and viola!!! the next guy was indeed around the corner. He is soooo much better. No mixed signals :)

Especially if they want to get in your pants. The ones who are successful, well-educated and smart know that men like them are one in a million for most Black women (given percentage of AA men in jail, dropouts, mediocre, etc.), so Nigerian men know game (wine and dine, trips, gifts, etc) and they often play women a little too well.

I'm Nigerian and ITA. They can be dogs especially of they know you really like them. I know of a Nigerian lady going out with this man also Nigerian. He proposed to her and all that. Come to find out that he was secretly planning to marry someone else.

Sparkle please be careful:yep:

Well he has already been in my pants, lol. But the rest of your post does sound like him. I will continue to use my head and not my heart in this relationship.

I'm Nigerian and ITA. They can be dogs especially of they know you really like them. I know of a Nigerian lady going out with this man also Nigerian. He proposed to her and all that. Come to find out that he was secretly planning to marry someone else.

Sparkle please be careful:yep:

Wow, very scary. Maybe that is the reason why I won't let myself fall for him. It all seem too good to be true.

Long distance relationships can be tough at times. We love each other so much and it sucks that we can't kiss each other or do any other coupley things together whenever we want. Ladies, don't take your SO or DH around the corner for granted!

I had my share of relationships but this one is so different. I'm happier than I've ever been.

He loves me because I'm me and I love him for the man that he is

Communication and understanding is key. Even when we don't want too talk we try too resolve the issue ASAP.

I didn't know there was someone out there that can satisfy my every need emotionally & physically.

I DETEST baby mama drama but because I love him I'm willing to deal with it for the time being.

I really miss him today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back