Open Relationships

Would you participate in an open relationship?

• Yes...but only if it's mutual

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • NO...over my dead body

Votes: 69 73.4%
  • Maybe?

Votes: 18 19.1%

• Total voters
my absolute favorite married couple of the moment are in an open relationship.

they are literally everything i want in my future....black, attractive, own 2 places already only in mid 30's, do things that belong in black movies like "Love Jones" like host poetry nights at their place.

they seem sooooo enamored with each other-they're so cute!
the husband (SO's frat brother) highly recommended having an open marriage to my SO. like you'd recommend a good restaurant. :lol:

Kimora's only requirement after Russell Simmons, verbatim, was fidelity.

. There's a reason why AA men are my least ideal. :look:

I thought you were pro black love? Or is it only AA men? I know other groups of black men who are whores as well. I think whores come in all colors. Where dis coming from :lol: or am I confusing one of your previous comments? I never thought you were fanatical about it and thought you would be open to other possibilities but not actively excluding AA men.
with a shockingly conservative and traditional concept of relationships? oh the horror :lol:
But... with all the cosigning then anything outside of the box of thumbs up would be radical, not conservative even if it was previously considered traditional. This thread represents the views of most people at lhcf which is the new normal. :giggle:

This is not in reference to you but to the thread, I'll go outside the box of the new norm here and say I'm not down with open relationships and think most have issues (and have seen it). Most do an excellent job at justifying. I am interested in other view points which is why I'm reading the thread but so far I see:

women and/or men who feel forced into it; women and men who let their freak flag fly which is why they love it (in which case just stay single imo); people who are doing it because others are and they think it's "healthy" but find themselves wanting it to evolve back to exclusive; people who did it out of curiosity but then jealousy, regret, and everything else stepped in; people who are looking for someone to fill X because it is not in their relationship; people navigating the inevitable drama that ensues from jealousy of misunderstandings (because of multiple partners and all of the "ish" that goes with that). Each of these are not ideal marriage relationships for me personally.

Last edited:
I thought you were pro black love? Or is it only AA men? I know other groups of black men who are whores as well. I think whores come in all colors. Where dis coming from :lol: or am I confusing one of your previous comments? I never thought you were fanatical about it and thought you would be open to other possibilities but not actively excluding AA men.

Technically with all the cosigning then anything outside of the box of thumbs up would be radical, not conservative even if it was previously considered traditional. This thread represents the views of most people at lhcf which is the new normal.

No I'm not a problem black love stan. Nor am I a romantic. I don't cape black love, ir, corny ninjas, alpha males., none of that. :lol:

No thank you. I'd rather just be single if I were going to do that.
Right. I'm introverted, so I really don't have the energy to expend on multiple people. And because im introverted, I love alone time even more than I love time with my lovable DH. And so....lemme find out he needs another one. Just stay with her then :look: ️an open relationship would either drive me crazy me because too many ppl expect something (event if "too many" is just two ppl. Hell, I was annoyed when I saw dH car in the driveway today when I got home because it meant I wouldn't have a second to myself) or enrage me (because if you have somebody else, why are you in my face? And how stupid are you to have somebody else?).

I also feel like a lot of ppl think they can handle open relationships and they can't. They think they will charm the other person. I have a friend in an open relationship that gets depressed as hell when her dude is occupied. Just sitting up in other women's driveways looking dumb. It was like that with her last guy too.

Also, my first paragraph not

I also feel like a lot of ppl think they can handle open relationships and they can't. They think they will charm the other person. I have a friend in an open relationship that gets depressed as hell when her dude is occupied. Just sitting up in other women's driveways looking dumb. It was like that with her last guy too.

Also, my first paragraph not

I cosign the bolded but also I definitely agree with expending energy. I also agree with your thoughts on "just stay with her then" if you need someone else. Friends have laughed when I said if I thought my guy liked someone else I'm going to put them together to see how they interact. Because once I'm sure of it, I'm out. I don't put my head in the sand I go straight at it and flush it out. I do it without drama. It may be in a subtle way like say we are out at an event. But I will make certain to see how they interact. If you want someone else go for it. I'm not competing.

The guy who wants me should be enamored with me and adore me. Every one of the guys I've dated including my ex fiance (who still wants to marry me), people always comment how crazy they (the guys) are about me. It always happens and it's for a reason: I'm not stupidly selecting a guy whom I have to convince to love me or hang from chandeliers while offering three somes, open relationships and finger sandwiches with his choice of drink upon waking. I'm not about that life.

Last edited:
my absolute favorite married couple of the moment are in an open relationship.

they are literally everything i want in my future....black, attractive, own 2 places already only in mid 30's, do things that belong in black movies like "Love Jones" like host poetry nights at their place.

they seem sooooo enamored with each other-they're so cute!
the husband (SO's frat brother) highly recommended having an open marriage to my SO. like you'd recommend a good restaurant. :lol:

Ummmmmmmmmm. Uhhhhh. I think we know some of the same folks....youre still in Chi right?

Say wha.....but really nothing should surprise me. I know a married woman that takes trips with her boyfriend, and post them on FB saying shes OOT with this or that female friend. Anytime she says she with her bestie, but you dont see a pic of said bestie shes with her side boo, who is also married. They have been kicking longer than she has been with her husband. She is so bold I'm scared that when she gets busted her very sweet husband will kill her from the embarrassment.
Sounds exactly like my aunt. Her husband is military and I'm afraid he'd do something to her, but he MUST know.

Absolutely. There are so few degrees of separation amongst Chi bp. :cowgirl:
raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

Money that gets my name on buildings and spearheading global charities

But come on now that such an unrealistic expectation.

I mentioned part of the money component upthread. It's clear no money hunter women have posted in this thread yet. So if a woman doesn't choose rich mates as rule or didn't marry for money its safe to say any open relationship she has won't be with a monied man or involve huge amounts of cash.

That's said, I'm assuming those women who say they would only do it for x amount of dollars simply mean no. Lol

But come on now that such an unrealistic expectation.

I mentioned part of the money component upthread. It's clear no money hunter women have posted in this thread yet. So if a woman doesn't choose rich mates as rule or didn't marry for money its safe to say any open relationship she has won't be with a monied man or involve huge amounts of cash.

That's said, I'm assuming those women who say they would only do it for x amount of dollars simply mean no. Lol
lol, its not no...its I could only see myself doing it if I married for money. I think once you get past a certain net worth monogamy becomes highly unlikely.

Back