Hitting the lottery & marriage/relationships

would you leave if you hit the lottery? ?

• yes, I'd be on the first thing smoking

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • no, I'd share my riches with my boo

Votes: 42 77.8%
  • other, explain please.

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm staying with DH we would go on a reign of terror. Psych! :lol: But he and I have already talked about what we'd do. We'd go straight to our lawyer and set up a Blind Trust that would claim the winnings. We don't need anyone (especially certain relatives) knowing our business. Then we'd hit the road. We'd buy that private island we've been dreaming about and you'd have to contact us through our lawyers to get to us. :grin:
That website has had my attention for my whole shift at work :look:

:lachen:

That's interesting. I met a couple of single men who were rich but wouldn't tell potential women they were until they decided the woman wanted to be with them & not their money. They would even ride around in average cars, take the women on normal dates & etc.

I feel the same way, that's why I'd keep it a secret at first.

It wasn't easy, and not the most admirable, but honestly? Hating him helped. A lot. Though I have forgiven him, I will never stop hating him. But I hold no regrets. That marriage taught me a lot about myself, about love, about life in general. I felt like I'd grown ten feet tall! It taught me that I deserved someone worthy of my loyalty and honesty--on my terms, on my level. I swore to my soul that I would not settle for anything less than those two things in another relationship. Today, I wish that I could be friends with DH#1, for our son and granddaughter's sake. But alas, I cannot.

MissMasala, I'm really sorry to hear you had to even go through that, but so glad you were able to come out of it with your sanity & peace of mind. It also sounds like you are much happier now & that's a great thing. It's too bad you can't even be friends, sounds like he might be holding a grudge or just too dang difficult to get along with. Either way, as you stated - it is what it is. Thanks for sharing. I find the strength & courage of so many ladies on here such as yourself & JustKiya inspirational.

I'd share. I'd actually create a fund and see what he could do with it. Between my imagination and his real estate experience - we'd go on a TEAR. We "dream" about building a music space/venue in Napa and have spoken about it to some of his real estate homies - so me thinks, we'd try and make that a reality (seeing as we'd have some capital to contribute and wouldn't have to raise it all).

Last edited:
:yep: 100% serious. He's a great man, but we have tried to make ourselves the right person for each other for ten years, and it's not working - so, I'm climbing off this particular merrygoround. Thankfully, he understands and agrees with me - we'd make great friends for each other, but we are BAD partners for each other. So, it's a really good/positive choice, oddly enough.

Sorry to hear that but glad you are on the same page.

For me, divorce was like a death. You move through the stages and sometimes you cycle back.

Last edited:
If I won...I'd invest a good chunk and tithe....then I'd tell him :look: and only him. We WOULD stay together and be happy. We're very compassionate. I'd buy a bit bigger house, pay this one off and give it to someone. We'd simply be happy together.

Back