OCT/Mega-Tek Challenge October '08

I straighted...don't see much difference after one month of MT so I will use last mnths pics as my starting point. I am straightened right now...but i about 3 or 4 days I will be curly again and at that point it will be MT/OCT every other day. Perhaps I will try mising it also.

OCT and MT is definitely working for me....I am at the point where I have to wear my twists in an updo to keep them from rubbing on my shoulders/clothes. :grin:

You would think right? Maybe it's a result of detangling my ends.

OCT will have that 1/2 inch back in no time flat! :yep:

Ok, I took my hair down yesterday and got some real good growth. I'm supposed to be in hiding til Dec 08. It was a last minute decision and feel bad. So, I will have my fotki open (Oct folder) open for only 20 minutes. Come in and get your peek. The folder will close at exactly 4:00pm. The folder will then close til Dec. Snooze you lose!

Open....NOW! Time is ticking!
Here is link:
http://public.fotki.com/jamaicalovely/bhmlhcfchallenges2008/6th-update--october-2008/

Ok, I took my hair down yesterday and got some real good growth. I'm supposed to be in hiding til Dec 08. It was a last minute decision and feel bad. So, I will have my fotki open (Oct folder) open for only 20 minutes. Come in and get your peek. The folder will close at exactly 4:00pm. The folder will then close til Dec. Snooze you lose!

Open....NOW! Time is ticking!
Here is link:
http://public.fotki.com/jamaicalovely/bhmlhcfchallenges2008/6th-update--october-2008/

NO FREAKIN WAY, jamaicalovely! That is some excellent progress. Just when I thought I would stop for a while ( I am broke) you had to come up in hear with your progress pics. :rolleyes:Maybe I can cut out my lunch and dinner and walk to school for one week to support my habit.

Attn LHFC Members:

You have approx 5 mins to look at my progress pic in my fotki. Please take your last look, and vacate the folder. :shopping:

The folder will shut down at 4pm.
:locked:

I see the lurkers got a peek.
Sowwy. :lachen:

Thanks, EMJazzy, Eajaye2u, and Joib.

You can tell the other girls all about it when they get back.:lachen:

I know Justkiya will kill me though.

are people applying this and then rinsing it out? Is that the only way to use to this to see good results? This wouldnt work well for me because I dont wash my hair that often esp if its weaved up. when its out typically between 1-2 weeks

I apply it, and rinse it out usually twice, but sometimes (like last week) only once a week. There is some thought that rinsing more often might allow for better access to the scalp, and better growth - but my hair/routine/lifestyle just isn't trying to hear that, right now. Maybe somewhere down the line........ I think that if you apply it every day, and rinse/wash once a week, you'll be fine. Otherwise, apply it every other day, and rinse/wash every other week.
Of course, keep a close eye on your hair, and see if it's starting to get hard/stiff/breakage - that means that you NEED a mid point moisturzing DC, and you'll either have to get your hair wet more often, or use the MT less. Ain't no sense of growing hair faster if you are just gonna have it break off from too much protein, ya feel me?

Just checking in.
I had a touch up yesterday at 10 weeks.

My hairstylist had to trim my ends though. He said it looked like someone had been chewing on them. So I lost 1/2" which I was sad about.

You would think right? Maybe it's a result of detangling my ends.

Mrhph!!!

Hair does not grow evenly/blunty. All those 'chewed up ends' were the hairs that were high achievers and growing longer/faster than the rest of your strands are - so it looked all choppy because not all of your hair had caught up - it wasn't breakage, it was growth.

*pours a lil MT out for JN's high scorers*

Quit trimming off your perfectly healthy hair, woman! :lol: Especially considering you wear it up all the time - ain't nobody gonna see it! :lachen:

Attn LHFC Members:

You have approx 5 mins to look at my progress pic in my fotki. Please take your last look, and vacate the folder. :shopping:

The folder will shut down at 4pm.
:locked:

I see the lurkers got a peek.
Sowwy. :lachen:

:bat:

Thanks, EMJazzy, Eajaye2u, and Joib.

You can tell the other girls all about it when they get back.:lachen:

I know Justkiya will kill me though.

:fistshake:

Thas aiiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhht. I guess I can wait til Dec.

*sigh*

December 1st, right?

:lachen:

I know it was just lovely!!!! I'm so jelly. I can't wait to see your progress, JL!! :lol:

^^ aww...I didn't specify, huh. my bad. JK already threatened me with a bb bat. Well, if I get nuff requests, I'll open it for 10 mins late 2night. That was fun.

I haven't used MT in the last two weeks because I've been wearing phony ponies but I'm going to either weave it up or rollerset tonight. I gotta get back on the MT now.

JL, you are SO WRONG! :brucelee: My laptop is broken so I have to use the computer at the library until I buy another. I wish I could have seen your progress.:sad:

I'm back to megasagging as of yesterday. I used it for the month of july and noticed a about an inch of growth, my hair had gone from mid neck length (when wet) to being able to feel it on my back when I washed. However I had some other things that I needed to deal with (breakage, shedding, frizz, and damaged end). The last thing I needed was to be dealing with extra newgrowth also. Now that my hair is healthy again it's megatek everynight for me and my daughter. I grease my scalp with it but I don't wash/rinse it out till the next wash day.

Mrhph!!!

Hair does not grow evenly/blunty. All those 'chewed up ends' were the hairs that were high achievers and growing longer/faster than the rest of your strands are - so it looked all choppy because not all of your hair had caught up - it wasn't breakage, it was growth.

*pours a lil MT out for JN's high scorers*

Quit trimming off your perfectly healthy hair, woman! :lol:

:kiss: THANKS JUSTKIYA!

Hi ladies! I used to apply OCT to my scalp every night and cowash the next morning but I just got a sew-in and I'm only gonna cowash once a week. How often do you think I should apply my OCT since I'm not gonna rinse it out until Sunday? TIA

Still MT-ing. JUST put my hair in cornrow...I got my first WIG!! WOO HOO!!! I'm on a HYH till December Challenge and it'll be easier for me. :) I should still be able to apply the MT. I'm just worried I won't get it under the hair...anyone have results in cornrow???

My hair is SUPER THICK. I know the length is COMING SOON!!
~*Janelle~*

My shedding has begun! Been using for 4 weeks. I tried the paste and my hair stil smells of garlic lol! Now im going to pop odourless g.pills. :yep:

Good morning, ladies:

My MegaTek arrived the end of last week and lo and behold it doesn't smell badly at all. Hope I got the right thing I was all prepped to smell hell in a bottle. I put some in a color applicator and added, oh shoot, some indian oil I got, brahmi, amla something along with JBCO. When I finish the bottle (glad it's small), I'll use the MT straight.

I must admit I'm concerned re. the shedding I'm reading about. I'm thinning on top, last thing I need is shed. Note to self: keep eye out. I am thinking since I co-wash regularly I should not have an issue with protein build-up causing breakage.

So much to learn, so little time.

Hugzz to my ladies here.

Hi ladies, I've been using my MT and OCT faithfully since I got it on Oct. 15th. Last week, I decided to live dangerously and apply the MT to my scalp AND the length of my hair and left it on for about 3 hours. My hair felt REALLY strong, but I must admit the MT was very drying so I took extra precautions and loaded up on the moisturizers and my hair recovered just fine. The MT on the length of my hair did plump it up just a little bit and I'm pleased with that. Since being natural my hair was growing in very, very fine and I didn't like that at all :nono: so I'm aiming for both length and thickness. I WOULD NOT suggest putting the MT or OCT on the length of your hair any longer than 15-30 minutes regularly but FOR MY HAIR I think I'd be comfortably doing this about once a month for now, just making sure that I listen to my hair when it comes to protein overload.

On the other hand, the shedding has started :sad: I've never been much of a shedder so I was a bit concerned at first checking every strand to see if the white bulb was on the end (talk about a funny site..me the hair inspector..LOL :lachen:) and it was so I'm not going to worry about it too much. I've been taking my garlic suppliments (5000mg) every night and I just ordered the Alter Ego Garlic condish so hopefully that will help combat most of the shedding, it doesn't have to be 100% for me cause normal shedding is good for the scalp.

What's getting on my nerves though is my roots. I don't know if it's growth or the product causing my hair to shrink and get puffy but after two days my hair looks like I need to redo my twists again and I don't have time to do my hair everyday :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:. Is anyone else having this same problem?

What's getting on my nerves though is my roots. I don't know if it's growth or the product causing my hair to shrink and get puffy but after two days my hair looks like I need to redo my twists again and I don't have time to do my hair everyday :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:. Is anyone else having this same problem?

Me! Me! I was just whinging about this a few days ago - my twists won't hold at the root for NOTHING. I like to tell myself it's new growth ( ;) ), but I don't know what's going on. It seems like it's growing out almost - dare I say - straightish? - so it's just not holding the twists nearly as well as they used to. :rolleyes:

I dunno. :(

It seems like it's growing out almost - dare I say - straightish?

^^YES, JK!!! you described it perfectly and I don't like it one bit :perplexed

It seems like it's growing out almost - dare I say - straightish?

^^YES, JK!!! you described it perfectly and I don't like it one bit :perplexed

So it's not just me?!?!?! :look: Oh, goodie, I think. :lol: I remember quite a few of the relaxed ladies saying that their NG was softer/looser, but I never noticed it on my hair til recently.

*sigh*

I really don't know how I feel about that. I never had an issue with my roots tangling, so it's not like I even benefit from having a looser curl at the roots. :ohwell: My pulled back styles stay very neat, though. :lol: *sigh*

I wonder if I clarify/use baking soda more often, I'd get some curl back - that usually makes my hair the SUPER curly.

Well I definitely don't want my hair straight...I had enough of that when I had a relaxer. IDK, I guess we'll have to just wait it out and see.

Hi Ladies,
Ok I am back sharing after 1 weeks worth of usage so here we go! :grin:

During this week, I applied to my scalp 4 times with special attention to the edges and co-washed twice. My schedule was/is for example: Monday Co-Wash, Tuesday – Apply, Wednesday – Apply, Thursday Co-Wash and then the cycle repeats. I am already seeing new growth after 1 weeks usage so I am pretty pleased so far. I am mixing my MT with some Wild Growth Oil I had left…but next week, I will be switching over to grapeseed oil. I will post if I see any noticeable difference between the two.

I haven’t been seeing any serious shedding or itching per se but I will say that I have gone from like 2 strands a day to like 5 strands when I comb it but I think it is still within reason (i.e. I 'm not panicking...LOL) but I think that it has been because I have been mixing it with oil but I can’t say because I didn’t try it raw but I figured why risk it…:yep:

I am still debating as to when I am going to add the OCT to the mix but I think I am going to give the MT this entire relaxer cycle to show me what it working it before I switch to the MT/OCT mix or OCT alone.

Hope everyone is doing well with their progress and application :grin:

Check in again next week!

Back