OCT/Mega-Tek Challenge October '08

My hair is very stretchy when wet now. I use the whole OCT sytem 2x a week and boundless tresses on the scalp and Vitika oil on my hair. I don't understand the change in texture to my hair. I thought the OCT was a protein treatment that may actually make the hair too stiff - not stretchy. Any ideas on what I'm doing that could be causing this and is it normal or okay? It's not breaking, there is some shed. I've been using OCT since Oct. 6th this year.

My hair is very stretchy when wet now. I use the whole OCT sytem 2x a week and boundless tresses on the scalp and Vitika oil on my hair. I don't understand the change in texture to my hair. I thought the OCT was a protein treatment that may actually make the hair too stiff - not stretchy. Any ideas on what I'm doing that could be causing this and is it normal or okay? It's not breaking, there is some shed. I've been using OCT since Oct. 6th this year.

Ovation is not touted as a protein treatment like Aphogee.
I think that it's just strengthening your hair. That's what it did with mine.

http://personalize.kvvet.com/ep/?eid=109

KvVet is offering 50% off it's shipping until the end of month. So not much longer. Here is the ad:

KV is Offering 50% Off Shipping to Our Loyal Customers!
Offer Code 08841006
promo_header_professionals.jpg
Exclusively from KV, take 50% off shipping until the end of October! 50% shipping discount will appear as a coupon on the last page of the checkout process. As always, we offer free shipping on over 80% of our products.

Offer not valid for flat-rate expedited shipping on temperature sensitive items, such as vaccines.
If you wish to order by phone, be sure to use Offer Code 08841006. FREE SHIPPING on over 80% of our products for
Dogs | Cats | Horses | Livestock | Human Nutrition and much more!
To ensure that you continue receiving these messages, please add [email protected] to your address book or safe list. KV Vet Supply respects your privacy. Your email address will never be sold to anyone. See our Privacy Policy
This message is sent exclusively to our valued customers.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact our Customer Service Team.
Contact Us: KV Vet Supply
3190 N Rd, David City, NE 68632 - Email Us - 1-800-423-8211

What's getting on my nerves though is my roots. I don't know if it's growth or the product causing my hair to shrink and get puffy but after two days my hair looks like I need to redo my twists again and I don't have time to do my hair everyday :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:. Is anyone else having this same problem?

Me! Me! I was just whinging about this a few days ago - my twists won't hold at the root for NOTHING. I like to tell myself it's new growth ( ;) ), but I don't know what's going on. It seems like it's growing out almost - dare I say - straightish? - so it's just not holding the twists nearly as well as they used to. :rolleyes:

I dunno. :(

OK....I thought I was buggin. Same is happening with me. :yep: :perplexed

Thanks so much ladies!!

I did a MT side comparison shot over the weekend. Here it is again!
ry%3D400

MT works :yep:!

:thud: :woot:

That's gorgeous - and it's clearly so much healthier, too!! That's the thing that I think gets missed, a lot, in the hype about 'growth aid' side of MT. It's not just making your hair grow faster, it's making the hair you already have healthier (looking, feeling and acting at least, but maybe it's still unhealthy underneath :lachen:). And healthy hair is retained hair, which just adds to the actual growth of your hair even more.

*goes to get my tub of MT*

Shooooot.

*popping in*

Hi ladies,

I don't post much, but I'm lurking and *kinda* doing the challenge. I started in mid-August and stopped using it consistently in mid-September. My life got busy and I slacked off for about 3 weeks, but during this time I learned to rollerset my hair and that's made it a lot easier to keep up with nightly applications. When I was consistent I got almost an inch that month.

Sorry just wanted to give some background.

Here's my quandary: I got a relaxer touch-up 3 weeks ago. The next day I noticed that I had a patch of NG near the back of my head. A few days later I noticed that my hairline was completely NG. I wasn't *really* using MT during this time. Now, 3 weeks post its like I never had the touch-up. I wish that I could say that its MT that was working even when I wasn't using it consistently, but seriously I think my hair was under-processed (same relaxer, same stylist, same processing time).

And I really think that's because MT changed the texture of my NG....I've heard other ladies talk about how their NG came in straight-er/ish. Mine came in a lot softer, definitely manageable, but not straight-er/ish. Thinking back, I don't even think I had MT on my hair when I got my touch-up, so it wouldn't be that the stuff was coating my NG and prevented the relaxer from penetrating. I'm really at a loss....

My bff (she doesn't know about MT) thinks I should go back to the stylist, but to say what? "I think you under-processed my hair and I want you to do it over...3 weeks later?" That can't be healthy. I'm rollersetting, so its easier to hide NG, but how long should I wait before getting another touch-up? I've got more than an inch up there! I personally think I should give it another 3 weeks or so, at least 6 weeks post. Do I mention the problem to the stylist? I'm afraid that she'll over-process just to be sure its *straight*. :wallbash:

My other bff (she's using MT with me) just thinks my hair shot out of my head in 3 weeks. I don't take pictures to track length, but I highly doubt it. I haven't noticed that much difference in length at the ends, just that I have that much NG at the roots. I've just started using with my pre-poo (MT on my roots, pre-poo on the length) and I'm hoping to get even more growth.

Has anyone else had a problem with their relaxers since MT?

Last edited:
:thud: :woot:

That's gorgeous - and it's clearly so much healthier, too!! That's the thing that I think gets missed, a lot, in the hype about 'growth aid' side of MT. It's not just making your hair grow faster, it's making the hair you already have healthier (looking, feeling and acting at least, but maybe it's still unhealthy underneath :lachen:). And healthy hair is retained hair, which just adds to the actual growth of your hair even more.

*goes to get my tub of MT*

Shooooot.
:lachen:You are a mess!! But I so agree with you, JK- My hair is becoming healthier as well! It has grown but the health is so important!
My goodness
1.gif

Looking good Evalina and Caribgirl- Way to grow!

Thanks!!

That is amazing! Congrats caribgirl =)

Thanks!!!
Caribgirl,

That is some fabulous growth and health. Thank you so much for sharing.

Thanks and you are so welcome!
wow great growth

Thanks as well!

*popping in*

Hi ladies,

I don't post much, but I'm lurking and *kinda* doing the challenge. I started in mid-August and stopped using it consistently in mid-September. My life got busy and I slacked off for about 3 weeks, but during this time I learned to rollerset my hair and that's made it a lot easier to keep up with nightly applications. When I was consistent I got almost an inch that month.

Here's my quandary: I got a relaxer touch-up 3 weeks ago. The next day I noticed that I had a patch of NG near the back of my head. A few days later I noticed that my hairline was completely NG. I wasn't *really* using MT during this time. Now, 3 weeks post its like I never had the touch-up. I wish that I could say that its MT that was working even when I wasn't using it consistently, but seriously I think my hair was under-processed (same relaxer, same stylist, same processing time).

And I really think that's because MT changed the texture of my NG....I've heard other ladies talk about how their NG came in straight-er/ish. Mine came in a lot softer, definitely manageable, but not straight-er/ish. Thinking back, I don't even think I had MT on my hair when I got my touch-up, so it wouldn't be that the stuff was coating my NG and prevented the relaxer from penetrating. I'm really at a loss....

My bff (she doesn't know about MT) thinks I should go back to the stylist, but to say what? "I think you under-processed my hair and I want you to do it over...3 weeks later?" That can't be healthy. I'm rollersetting, so its easier to hide NG, but how long should I wait before getting another touch-up? I've got more than an inch up there! I personally think I should give it another 3 weeks or so, at least 6 weeks post. Do I mention the problem to the stylist? I'm afraid that she'll over-process just to be sure its *straight*. :wallbash:

My other bff (she's using MT with me) just thinks my hair shot out of my head in 3 weeks. I don't take pictures to track length, but I highly doubt it. I haven't noticed that much difference in length at the ends, just that I have that much NG at the roots. I've just started using with my pre-poo (MT on my roots, pre-poo on the length) and I'm hoping to get even more growth.

I know my experienced MT/OCT sisters will give you a great explanation!!

I am sure that your hair has grown since the relaxer and MT-perhaps it was somewhat under processed as well. I would wait until at least 8 weeks post and then relax. Keep doing whatever you have been doing because your hair seems to be growing very well!!
Take pics for your hair after your next relaxer so that you can convince yourself as well. I know that if I had not taken pics, I would not have been convinced about my own progress :yep:.

:lachen:You are a mess!! But I so agree with you, JK- My hair is becoming healthier as well! It has grown but the health is so important! Thanks!! Thanks!!! Thanks and you are so welcome! Thanks as well!

Wow, I am completely encouraged with all of your growth ladies. I am in the middle of MT Week 2 and I am definitely getting some soft new growth and I feel like my edges are coming in so I am really excited!!!! Thanks for your encouragement :grin:

I just gave up the ghost and my MT will be here in 5 days!!!! :yep: I tried not to but.... :grin: I just ordered a 32oz bottle of Almond Mint WEN, I got my MT, and I have my Hairveda oils. I'm good to go! :yep:

Hey girls....
:hiya:

So I got a few requests via PM to take a peeky at my fotki.
http://public.fotki.com/jamaicalovely/bhmlhcfchallenges2008/6th-update--october-2008/

The stunt I pulled over the weekend cost me.:lachen:

Here's the deal...
Unscramble the word below and you'll discover my password for my fotki.

lurebredi

*Hint - this word is Megatek related.
:orders: *Do not post answer here!!!

This password will expire at 12:00AM EST.

As always....you snooze you lose!

Ok...ready...NOW!:orders:

Last edited:
*popping in*

Hi ladies,

I'm 3 weeks post and the area where I have been putting the MT is already sprouting new growth. It started to show up around a week and half after I touched up. I like it because I can try to stretch again and see how long I can go. :yep: Now that I've got OCT I will see how much more growth I can get. Already I've got a few strands touching APL and it looks like I will make full APL by my bday if this keeps up:drunk:

ladies please help i have been using MT since 9/05/08 and have noticed growth and alot of thickness i dont know what to do with ,my hair what protective styles im trying so hard not to relax but i'm definitely struggling with myself every time i relax my hair becomes damaged and i start all over with growing dont wanna do that this time
PLEASE HELP!!!! My goal is no heat until 9/06/10 how the HEck am i going to pull this off really dont want braids did the straw curl thing idk any advice ladies

Back