My Dating Quest in 2011. Is He the One?

Ok, how are you guys ending up at this guy's (DEE) house so soon?

Is he offering to cook you dinner? watching movies? Just quick peep before heading elsewhere?

I'm just saying please be careful!

Biting the necklace sounds funny, but seriously what if he had overpowered you? or slipped something in your drink/food?

Soemthing about this guy doesn't sound right:(

Is he offering to cook you dinner? watching movies? Just quick peep before heading elsewhere?

Biting the necklace sounds funny, but seriously what if he had overpowered you? or slipped something in your drink/food?

I was wondering and concerned about this.

Congrats, Ediese regarding your new relationship.

For me, we were on our way to dinner, so we met at his place. I was a little nosy, so I went in for a quick peak. :grin: I got a quick tour, and that was about it.

I wonder how many people he's met in the past month. :drunk: He's obviously been busy.

omg cant believe i just read thru 17 pages in one sitting and good luck Ediese with Luke im mad as hell i missed the pic though will be back in for round 2

i am enjoying this Ediese.....I am not sure if this was a post by yourself or someone else, but did you mention before that you have an accent? if it is you, how does he relate to that and do you think that is one of the reason you are introvert?

Ediese, I've been stalking your thread since you started it :yep:

Love it, very very inspiring :)

Good luck with everything and enjoy yourself tonight.

^^^Whatever you do, stay away from Dee.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

i am enjoying this Ediese.....I am not sure if this was a post by yourself or someone else, but did you mention before that you have an accent? if it is you, how does he relate to that and do you think that is one of the reason you are introvert?

Thank you! It's interesting that you figured out there was a correlation. I do speak with an accent, and have a very strong dialect. When I first came to the US, I was told that I had to change it in order to be understood, and excel in professional settings.

I believe the way I speak now is nondescript. However, I've been told that as much as I try to hide it, I still speak with an accent. :nono: To this day, I catch myself speaking a little slow at times, and I have to make a conscious effort to ennunciate each word so my accent isn't as pronounced. If there's a word that I'm not positive about pronouncing correctly, I just don't say it. It has made me really self conscious, especially because I dated this creep years ago that made fun of the way I pronounced certain things. In social settings, I'm in overdrive, and tend to be a wallflower instead of the vocal one for fear of embarassing myself.

Luke has a really strong country accent himself. lol It's really cute though. I love the way he speaks. :yep: He has an advantage because we live in Texas, and for some reason, portraying himself as the country boy that grew up on a ranch, has helped him tremendously with his clients. He understands me just fine, and is always begging me to speak in my dialect. I've tried, but quickly got tired of him asking me to repeat stuff. lol We watched Dancehall Queen this past weekend lol, and he was totally into it. He said he could understand about 80% of what they said.

Thanks again everyone! I'm happy that you've been enjoying this along with me. :-) For those requesting a pm, sorry but I don't feel comfortable sending the pics like that. I'll repost it on Sunday at 6p CST for those interested.That way no one will miss out on seeing them.

Last edited:
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Thank you! It's interesting that you figured out there was a correlation. I do speak with an accent, and have a very strong dialect. When I first came to the US, I was told that I had to change it in order to be understood, and excel in professional settings.

I believe the way I speak now is nondescript. However, I've been told that as much as I try to hide it, I still speak with an accent. :nono: To this day, I catch myself speaking a little slow at times, and I have to make a conscious effort to ennunciate each word so my accent isn't as pronounced. If there's a word that I'm not positive about pronouncing correctly, I just don't say it. It has made me really self conscious, especially because I dated this creep years ago that made fun of the way I pronounced certain things. In social settings, I'm in overdrive, and tend to be a wallflower instead of the vocal one for fear of embarassing myself.

Luke has a really strong country accent himself. lol It's really cute though. I love the way he speaks. :yep: He has an advantage because we live in Texas, and for some reason, portraying himself as the country boy that grew up on a ranch, has helped him tremendously with his clients. He understands me just fine, and is always begging me to speak in my dialect. I've tried, but quickly got tired of him asking me to repeat stuff. lol We watched Dancehall Queen this past weekend lol, and he was totally into it. He said he could understand about 80% of what they said.

Thanks again everyone! I'm happy that you've been enjoying this along with me. :-) For those requesting a pm, sorry but I don't feel comfortable sending the pics like that. I'll repost it on Sunday at 6p CST for those interested.That way no one will miss out on seeing them.

Thanks Ediese. I also have a caribbean accent. i am curious to find out how it affects one's dating life. I enjoy reading your post. i am anxiously awaiting the repost of the pic.

I'm tryna figure out how a resident has that much time to date multiple women. No offense ladies. He must not sleep alot. Maybe a med student/resident can help with this.

We may need to hand this off to the LHCFBI. :sekret:

Having been through both med school and residency, I barely has enough time to eat and sleep not to talk about serious dating!! No offense but Dee is a sham. Also if he is doing residency in ATL, how does he have so much time to spend in Houston?? Most residency programs give you 3-4 weeks of vacay per year. So yeah, glad he is now a distant memory :nono:...on to the next!!

ETA: Reread his profile to see that he used to live in ATL and he's in his last year so I stand corrected. More believable for him to have more free time (last year is usually the easiest with the least call) so I can see how he dated as much as he did (making up for all that lost time...been there and done that :yep:). But enough about him!! It's all about Luke!!
#Team Luke!!

**setting phone alert for Sunday 7p EST** :yep:

Last edited:
Oh yea, I wanted to say that right after talking to him to last night, he called me right back to say "I just wanted to tell you that I miss you, and can't wait I see you on Friday. Jut figured I'd let you know." .....he's such a sweetie pie. :-)

i'm hating.

YEAH I SAID IT.

Ediese, seriously, are you planning to write stories!
You are very good at keeping a reader's attention - cliffhangers, to be continued. You got us at hello (actually at My Dating Quest in 2011). And the ladies of LHCF are not an easy crowd.

On another note - you have me reconsidering online dating. Maybe I will try again in April, maybe match.com...

Ediese I am in the same area and have been captivated by your entire journey!^^ I've never really dated and when I did try it never turned out so well so I am really hesitant to enter the dating world...it's all so intimidating to me! haha

I used to not get with the whole dating multiple men scenario because I feel that if I liked someone, that is when I would start getting to know them and I focus all my attention on them...I would feel bad about seeing other people but your journey has slowly changed my mind :)
There are kinda two people who I am looking at now...one I met last weekend and another who I've finally had some one on one time with sooooo I feel like I'm in a pickle! But after reading this I think I'm just gonna see things through lol and have my own journey!

Can't wait till 6 o clock I'm glad I came in at the right time and I am so happy for you and Luke :)

Wow...Ediese and missware2003... Dee gets around! I'm in Houston, went out with him a couple of times. Immaculate apartment in Pearland (NOTHING HAPPENED). Ended the 2nd date when he bit my necklace off. Yes, bit.

But don't let me discourage you girl! lol

Ps. I need a date lol

Very funny, BIT your necklace off?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thanks Ediese. I also have a caribbean accent. i am curious to find out how it affects one's dating life. I enjoy reading your post. i am anxiously awaiting the repost of the pic.
I too have a caribbean accent but it really comes out when I'm upset. Guys here tend to like it and actually ask me to speak with my Dominican accent. .. oh well.

Hey you guys I'm nowhere near my PC, and I just remember that I'm suppose to be posting the pics. If anyone is interested, I could email you the pics and you cab post as an attachment. I just don't want to keep you guys waiting.

I do have more pics but theyre on my PC. I'll post those when I get home tonight.

Yea we all still (very) interested :grin::yep:....... Iv bn watching and waiting by my computer for a while now:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Hey you guys I'm nowhere near my PC, and I just remember that I'm suppose to be posting the pics. If anyone is interested, I could email you the pics and you cab post as an attachment. I just don't want to keep you guys waiting.

I do have more pics but theyre on my PC. I'll post those when I get home tonight.

Back